Who should play James Bond next after Daniel Craig is done?

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By kalmis

Clive Oven would do well

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By flindip

I will say that age wise between Fassbender or Elba, Fassbender will be almost 40 and Elba heading into his mid 40's after Craig is done with Bond. As I have said, the true fleming Bond is in his early 40's.

Really depends on what they want to do with the character. Both actors would be perfectly fine in the part.

Personally, I would rather Elba get the part if for no other reason because I think Fassbender is the better actor and would like him doing other roles. Elba is the quintessential journeymen actor which is perfect for Bond. Elba would get really good exposure that Fassbender does not need.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By benpicko

@Bell_End said:

karl pilkington

Yes please.

@Jeust said:

Clive Owen

No, Clive Warren.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should get a black guy. That would be pretty "hip."

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By benpicko

@panvixyl said:

Idris Elba, the fallout would be insane.

Also, he's like, a good actor or whatever.

Why would it?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By penguindust

Simon Pegg. He's British, right?

Put him in a tux and he's good to go.

No Caption Provided
panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By panvixyl

@benpicko: http://reverseracism.tumblr.com/post/36751338943/so-theyre-casting-a-black-man-as-james-bond-and-let

Just imagine all the angry reverse-racism baby tears from morons.

Delicious.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Twiggy199

Idris Elba or Michael Fassbender.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Twiggy199

@Bell_End said:

karl pilkington

The only word i can say is lol.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By The_Ruiner

ian mckellan

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Twiggy199

@stoodspoon said:

My choice, Benedict Cumberbatch

1.He is handsome

2.Awesome voice

3.He is Sherlock Holmes

Benedict Cumberbatch is one ugly motherfucker and has the gayest name ever. Benedict Cumberbatch!. Is!. Double oh...... nah it just doesn't work.

Generiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By Generiko

The Rock was already a Spy Hunter , the next logical step would be James Bond.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By Sursh

maybe tom hardy?

No Caption Provided
Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Sursh

@Jeust said:

Clive Owen

dude, clive owen is four years older then daniel craig.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Roger778

Well, it's confirmed that Daniel Craig is signed on for two more Bond films, so we have him for a long time. As for someone else taking over for him, I would have to choose Michael Fassbender. He's an awesome actor, who chooses his projects carefully.

He's also going to play Desmond in the Assassins Creed Movie, which I think is a very intriguing choice.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Zella

Idris Elba for sure if he isn't too old by the time Craig is done. He can play a total badass really well, and a black James Bond would be a modern and progressive move.

@Humanity said:

@psylah: I don't think they would ever cast a non-Brit as Bond and honestly I wouldn't want them to.

Edit: as non-Brit I meant "The Islands" as I am fully aware Sean Connory was Scottish.

Britain is actually the entire main island so Connory is British. Though yeah I agree with you they need a British James Bond, it's an essential part of his character.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By jayjonesjunior

michael fassbender

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By jacksmedulla

@Humanity said:

I've heard rumors that Idris Elba would be the next Bond which would be quite a bold move.

I've heard that as well. Idris Elba is an amazing actor, and I have no doubt he would be a fantastic bond. That said, I don't think anyone will ever top Daniel Craig as Bond.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By InternetCrab

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau or Brad Pitt. Also, did you know they consider Idris Elba as an candidate to playing James Bond? The black guy? Just can't see an black guy as James Bond.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#120  Edited By Blackout62

@PenguinDust said:

No Caption Provided

Simon Pegg. He's British, right?

Put him in a tux and he's good to go.

This has more potential than it should. He looks and acts young, but he'll actually be in his mid 40s once Craig is done and he's got some good literary Bond style grit to his face, like an English Jeremy Renner.

Actually you know what....

Yeah. David Tennant. He's in his early 40's, looks good in a tux, accomplished thespian, haven't had one of those as Bond since Dalton. The only problem is that he is in fact the Doctor, that prior fame could totally screw him over. Either way, cut his hair, have him put on some muscle, get him to speak in his native accent, and I could totally see him as Bond.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Wampa1

I'd rather they just kept Craig on well into his 50's, follow him getting older and becoming increasingly irrelevant. Let HIS Bond's story play out right to the end before he's replaced.

TromboneTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By TromboneTony
@Diometrics

@Humanity said:

@psylah: I don't think they would ever cast a non-Brit as Bond and honestly I wouldn't want them to.

Edit: as non-Brit I meant "The Islands" as I am fully aware Sean Connory was Scottish.

Already have done. George Lazenby was an Australian.

Sure, but didn't they dub his voice with that of a Brit? I don't think that counts.
EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123  Edited By EuanDewar

Marion Cotillard.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#125  Edited By inkerman

I'm gonna go against the grain and piss off a lot of people I know, but I really think Bond should stay as a white guy. Me and some friends had this exact conversation recently and we all said the same thing, he should stay as a white guy, and quite frankly if you wanted a female spy, make a new franchise. Having said that, Idris Elba would be very good as Bond.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Max_Cherry

Sean Connory

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By theslothking

Charles Barkley ,and Quad City DJ's would do the whole soundtrack.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By flindip

@Inkerman: I don't think Bonds ethnicity is vital to the character in a modern context(although nationality is completely non-negotiable). If you were doing a Bond story set in the 1960's then it would be absolutely insane to cast Bond as a black man. But in a modern context, you don't have to suspend disbelief and you don't have to rewrite the character.

I agree that a female Bond does not work however. They may as well make an entirely different character if you want to go that route. Similar to making Bond gay, the context of the character would change too much.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By inkerman

@flindip said:

@Inkerman: I don't think Bonds ethnicity is vital to the character in a modern context(although nationality is completely non-negotiable). If you were doing a Bond story set in the 1960's then it would be absolutely insane to cast Bond as a black man. But in a modern context, you don't have to suspend disbelief and you don't have to rewrite the character.

I agree that a female Bond does not work however. They may as well make an entirely different character if you want to go that route. Similar to making Bond gay, the context of the character would change too much.

Well I admit I'm much more of a classic Bond fan, I don't really like the newer ones (Quantum of Solace is complete crap). I think his ethnicity is fairly relevant given he very much symbolises classic British character, 'Queen and Country' and all that, which really can only be represented by a white Bond.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan North anyone?

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jmood88

Idris Elba, which has as much a chance of happening as Idris Elba playing Batman (I also want that to happen).

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By AlexanderSheen

James McAvoy or Ewan McGregor or Michael Fassbender.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SlashDance

Some dude no one knows about !

Chontamenti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Chontamenti

1. Jenson Button; yes I know, he is a Formula 1-driver, but he is British and looks amazing in a suit!)

2. Bradley Cooper

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By donkeycow

@MikkaQ said:

@flindip said:

@MikkaQ: I'm not sure if Williams could do a decent british accent, or even play a convincing suave character. We have never seen him in those type of roles. Elba could pull off both of those things fairly easily.

Just to give some of you an idea. The Fleming Bond is about in his early 40's. Bond is not supposed to be a young guy.

But then it would prove the whole James Bond is a code name thing if you had an american one, a-ha! I'm not really being serious, but they need to address that shit.

They already did address it in Skyfall.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b9ec5d3cffc
deactivated-58b9ec5d3cffc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Gerald Butler

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By MikkaQ

@Donkeycow said:

@MikkaQ said:

@flindip said:

@MikkaQ: I'm not sure if Williams could do a decent british accent, or even play a convincing suave character. We have never seen him in those type of roles. Elba could pull off both of those things fairly easily.

Just to give some of you an idea. The Fleming Bond is about in his early 40's. Bond is not supposed to be a young guy.

But then it would prove the whole James Bond is a code name thing if you had an american one, a-ha! I'm not really being serious, but they need to address that shit.

From what I could tell, not really. I mean everyone knows M and Q are codenames, even in Goldeneye, they say how Judi Dench is the first female M and the "evil queen of numbers" but they never really admitted to Bond as being one. Unless I missed something.

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By tkalsey

tom hardy

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By flindip

@MikkaQ said:

@Donkeycow said:

@MikkaQ said:

@flindip said:

From what I could tell, not really. I mean everyone knows M and Q are codenames, even in Goldeneye, they say how Judi Dench is the first female M and the "evil queen of numbers" but they never really admitted to Bond as being one. Unless I missed something.

They established in Skyfall that Bond past is directly tied to the Fleming Bond. Scottish, Swede mother, an orphan etc.

It pretty much ended speculation that Bond is an alias. Craig Bond is the same Bond of the Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, and Bronson character. Its confirmed in Skyfall, that each actor iteration of Bond is a reboot or simply expanding on the same character(Connery to Moore). It is NOT a different person.

Although that does not apply to M. M has actually changed characters(not just actors) over the years(even before Judi Dench). Q was merely reinterpeted as a young man. Since Q is not really all that well defined(even in the Fleming novels), they did have some creative flexibility.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#140  Edited By toowalrus

James Franco.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#141  Edited By Dylabaloo

@MikkaQ said:

@Donkeycow said:

@MikkaQ said:

@flindip said:

He's referring to the family house, the titular Skyfall; in the grounds there is a tombstone that has the name Andrew Bond and Monique Delacroix Bond scribed into thus proving it's an inherited family name not a codename.

Fassbender is my choice for sure! He's sauve, sexy, menacing, charming, funny, brutish (But more refined than Craig) and looks killer in a suit!

HazeMisoSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By HazeMisoSoup

@Humanity: But Scotland is in Britain and on the same island as England and Wales...?

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Whitestripes09

I think Michael Fassbender has the charm and looks to be a good Bond.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By MikkaQ

@flindip: I guess that's true, by making this one scottish it kinda all but confirms he's one guy. But then Bond as a franchise goes back to being the dumbest thing ever, so I don't like that. The codename theory is way cooler and justifies his agelessness. They should have just set all the bond movies in the 50s or 60s. It's weird to be that the current Bond technically never fought in the cold war. That was like one the key identifying factors of Bond for me. Even Brosnan's Bond was a cold war vet.

@Dylabaloo: Yeah that makes sense. Just ugh. UGH.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By flindip

Michael Fassbender would be perfect, but he is too good of an actor to get bogged down into the Bond franchise. I just think Elba makes perfect sense in that regard. It would help his career FAR more than it would help Fassbender.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#146  Edited By bacongames

You know, I was about to type a joke answer like "a robot" but now that people mention it, Idris Elba would make a fucking amazing James Bond. At the very least, I'm be super excited to watch James Bond movies again. Not that Daniel Craig is bad, better than the rest except Connery and Brosnan imo but no one can say his bond was a universal or a consistent success.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By flindip

@MikkaQ: Don't even get me started on setting a Bond story during the cold war 60's, I'm the biggest proponent in the world of this. To me that is where the character is most relevant.

It does not mean you can't put him in a modern context. But if one really truly wants to get an idea of Fleming's Bond, it HAS to be set in the 1960's.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By MikkaQ

@flindip said:

@MikkaQ: Don't even get me started on setting a Bond story during the cold war 60's, I'm the biggest proponent in the world of this. To me that is where the character is most relevant.

It does not mean you can't put him in a modern context. But if one really truly wants to get an idea of Fleming's Bond, it HAS to be set in the 1960's.

Yes I think it's responsible for a lot of the atmosphere. And it's more difficult to not make him look like a sociopathic misogynist in a modern context.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#149  Edited By breadfan
@Bell_End

karl pilkington

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts