Why do words offend you?

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By Claude

Poll Why do words offend you? (199 votes)

They cut like a knife. 13%
Your mother told me so. 7%
Sometimes...but not really. 20%
Words less than actions. 21%
Never offended by words. 39%

Why do you offend me with your words? You speak but wish not to listen. You argue but allow no rebuttal. Why do you offend me?

You don't actually. It's only when I'm in a heightened sense of discourse that I ever feel offended. But I get over it quick. When I'm drunk, it's worse. I will fuck your shit up motherfuckin sombitchin asshole. But I love you so much. Don't leave...

In forums, we fuck the same. We fuck them all and watch them fall. Sometimes, but not really.

• 
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@mcghee said:

It gets even more annoying when people use abbreviations for those words and it becomes OK.

Says the guy with an abbreviation in his username.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By CaLe

@mcghee said:

It gets even more annoying when people use abbreviations for those words and it becomes OK.

WHAT'S THE F'ING POINT? EVERYONE THINKS THAT WORD WHEN IT IS ABBREVIATED, YOU F'ING MORONS. BUNCH OF OVER-SENSITIVE C-NTS. IT MEANS THE SAME THING.

Nope, can't say I agree with this. For me there's a huge difference between just typing F as opposed to fuck. The same when I read it, I don't immediately think 'fucking' when someone writes 'effing'. I don't curse much in my daily life so maybe that's why I feel the distinction.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Words are the chief ways by which we convey ideas and meaning, and as offense is almost always derived through ideas and meanings we find undesired, why wouldn't words offend?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Alright, this probably should've been locked a long time ago.

Regardless of your personal feelings about insults and slurs, our forum rules are pretty clear on the subject. Verbal attacks against other users and offensive racial and homophobic slurs are absolutely not allowed.