• 153 results
Lolzhacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Lolzhacked

I like to drink to get to that nice buzzed feeling. That and I kinda just like the taste of beer.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By valrog

I don't.

HIEDIAROBALX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#104  Edited By HIEDIAROBALX

^ I like tornados, not alcohol.

Hiashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Hiashi

I don't, cause I saw what it did to my father.

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Burzmali

I like the taste. Also, experimenting with brewing beer is fun and it would idiotic to be making the stuff but not drinking it.

LOUISE_CYPHRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By LOUISE_CYPHRE

Because I like too.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Toms115 said:

@Fajita_Jim said:

I've seen what it's done to many in my family, so I don't touch that nasty shit. I can't believe such a deadly (to both drinker and innocent people) toxin is legal and other, less harmful substances aren't.

No Caption Provided
alcohol's not going to hurt you if drink it in moderation. i can totally understand not drinking for family reasons, tho.
Most alcoholics start off drinking in moderation. Then they moderate a little more, and then some more...

Hey, if alcohol is okay in moderation why isn't LSD? LSD causes no physical changes in the brain or body (unlike alcohol), and the LD50 (lethal dose in 50% of subjects) is about 200 times the effective dose. Whereas alcohol reaches its LD50 at about 10 times the amounted needed to get a buzz (not drunk). So what's the issue?

I'm not saying LSD should be legal (it shouldn't), I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. 

And to people who say LSD causes flashbacks, you're wrong. Any psychological trauma can cause flashbacks (Vietnam flashbacks, for instance). Flashbacks are a psychological phenomena, not a chemical one.
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By time allen
@Fajita_Jim: you've gone from being somewhat reasonable to the complete opposite 
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Toms115 said:
@Fajita_Jim: you've gone from being somewhat reasonable to the complete opposite 
Since when are scientific facts unreasonable?
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@S0ndor said:

To have fun

lol

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

My god wills me to be an alcoholic? 
That would be an awesome excuse.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By JasonR86

I can't pick just one.  Basically, there are two reasons I drink alcohol and they are usually done distinctly from one another:
-Because I enjoy the taste.
-To get drunk.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because I enjoy it.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#115  Edited By KowalskiManDown

@Aztecksaid:

Because I like the taste of it? How come the most obvious reason imaginable is not on the list?

This. I don't get why this is not an option. I love the taste of a nice cold lager, or some whiskey with ice and of course a glass of Baileys (fucking heaven).

@Fajita_Jim said:

@Toms115 said:

Who brought fact checking into this thread?!

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Creamypies said:

@Toms115 said:

Who brought fact checking into this thread?!

He seemed to suggest in his first reply to me that my objection to alcohol is purely for family reasons. That's just part of it, so I elaborated.
metaJAKOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By metaJAKOB

Because I ran out of  Weed. 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#118  Edited By Hizang

WKD and Smimoff Ice tastes quite nice, plus being drunk is great.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#119  Edited By KowalskiManDown

@Fajita_Jim: I still do not approve.

Either way, alcohol is perfectly fine as long as the person drinking it is of sound mind. Addiction will generally only occur if the person is using it as an escape or anti depressant.

You're right however with what you said about LSD. Though the unpredictable nature of the drug make it more of a problem to others as far as I'm concerned.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Aegon
@WoodenPlatypus said:
My god wills me to be an alcoholic? That would be an awesome excuse.
Jews are encouraged to get drunk on Purim.
perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By perilator666

I've been sober for a year.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Red12b said:

@HandsomeDead said:
@FunExplosions said:
@HandsomeDead said:
Because I like it. People who don't just haven't found something they like; seriously guys, step away from the beer for a second and try something with a lick of class.
Or just don't drink Budweiser, Coors, Natty Ice, etc. All those big-name beers are filled with all kinds of shit, and they taste like piss. Grab some Sam Adams(most of their flavors are shit, get a Boston Lager) or a Yuengling or Red Stripe. While we're on the subject: if you drink Bud Light Lime, I hate you and you deserve to die.
Spot on. Reading that, I realise I enjoy Guinness and am currently working my way through a Stella Artois but I highly doubt most of the people who have said they don't like the taste have had either and instead go for the garbage you list. It always amazes me when I go to a bar and people genuinely order a Coors Light.
Stella isn't great, Not worth the admiration it gets, and there are much, much better Belgium beers out there, Have you tried Carlsberg? it's quite a nice Danish Beer

Denmark representing!

I can't believe "because I like the taste" isn't a choice.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Creamypies said:

@Fajita_Jim: I still do not approve.

Either way, alcohol is perfectly fine as long as the person drinking it is of sound mind. Addiction will generally only occur if the person is using it as an escape or anti depressant.

You're right however with what you said about LSD. Though the unpredictable nature of the drug make it more of a problem to others as far as I'm concerned.

Same could be said of LSD. Remember, LSD isn't a true hallucinogen, it doesn't create sensory information, it distorts it. If you want a true hallucinogen you have to go with something like Datura, which is perfectly legal and likely grows in your backyard. That shit will send you to another world.

The horror stories of LSD usually come from people who already have physiological issues, and like any drug, even alcohol, it can exacerbate these. But most bad experiences with LSD come from candy flipping (LSD + MDMA or X) and hippy flipping (LSD + Mushrooms). It's equivalent to how alcohol + sleeping pills can make things bad, but people don't put the blame squarely on alcohol. 

I think what bothers me the most are people who see someone smoking pot or something and says "Fucking druggie". *Guzzle guzzle guzzle*. It's the hypocrisy that pisses me off. Yes, most drinkers are responsible, but so are most pot smokers. So are most people who trip LSD, because very few people are dumb enough to dose LSD and then drive. But look at the statistics for drunk driving...

See where I'm coming from? Either legalize it all and stop being hypocritical, or make it all illegal since the issues are identical across the board. Personally, I lean toward the latter, and I smoke cigarettes which is fucking stupid. If they were illegal, it would sure help me quit.
Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Mikewrestler5
@MariachiMacabre said:
I don't. I have zero desire to inebriate myself in any way, shape or form. Plus, money is better spent elsewhere.
This.
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#125  Edited By Hector

Just to have some laughs with friends.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#126  Edited By Yanngc33

I drink with others because it's fun

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Simplexity

I don't like the taste, I don't feel like drinking something that doesn't taste good.

Kinsella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Kinsella

To forget all the horrible things I did as Weapon X / Wolverine. Or to remember, its hard nowadays.
matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By matpaget

To drown out the racist dog.

metaJAKOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By metaJAKOB
@Kinsella: THIS
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By teh_destroyer

@Fajita_Jim said:

I've seen what it's done to many in my family, so I don't touch that nasty shit. I can't believe such a deadly (to both drinker and innocent people) toxin is legal and other, less harmful substances aren't.

No Caption Provided

I would like to add that alcohol is not a drug, you can get addicted to it yes and crave for it at times. But it is not a drug, its a drink.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_destroyer said:

@Fajita_Jim said:

No Caption Provided

I would like to add that alcohol is not a drug, you can get addicted to it yes and crave for it at times. But it is not a drug, its a drink.

It's a drug. Doesn't matter if you drink it or snort it.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@teh_destroyer said:

Alcohol is most definitely a drug. Do you know what the definition for 'Drug' is?  A Drug is any chemical that causes changes in how the body functions. Seriously, that's like 5th grade science.

Hey, check this out:

Alcohol is a psychoactive drug that has a depressant effect. A high blood alcohol content is usually considered to be legal drunkenness because it reduces attention and slows reaction speed. Alcohol can be addictive, and the state of addiction to alcohol is known as alcoholism.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#134  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@teh_destroyer: Alcohol is a drug. A drug is a substance that, when consumed by the body, alters normal bodily functions. Alcohol does that. Other drugs include Caffeine, and Cocoa. Yep, coffee and chocolate contain drugs. If you drink coffee or eat chocolate, you do drugs!!!

As for the actual question, I drink it because it's awesome. Is that not a good enough answer? I guess it's more of a social thing than anything.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#135  Edited By BaneFireLord

Because my daughter cries when I beat her. 

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By mnzy
@Fajita_Jim said:

No Caption Provided
They go pretty easy on some serious stuff here. Steroids have huge side effects, all the trippy drugs, too. I don't know about that graphic...
sasnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#137  Edited By sasnipes
@HandsomeDead said:
@FunExplosions said:
@HandsomeDead said:
Because I like it. People who don't just haven't found something they like; seriously guys, step away from the beer for a second and try something with a lick of class.
Or just don't drink Budweiser, Coors, Natty Ice, etc. All those big-name beers are filled with all kinds of shit, and they taste like piss. Grab some Sam Adams(most of their flavors are shit, get a Boston Lager) or a Yuengling or Red Stripe. While we're on the subject: if you drink Bud Light Lime, I hate you and you deserve to die.
Spot on. Reading that, I realise I enjoy Guinness and am currently working my way through a Stella Artois but I highly doubt most of the people who have said they don't like the taste have had either and instead go for the garbage you list. It always amazes me when I go to a bar and people genuinely order a Coors Light.
If you guys are in the US, there are tons of craft breweries that can cater to any tastes. If you're on the... 
West coast: Stone, Firestone Walker, Deschutes, Drakes, Green Flash, Sierra Nevada, Oskar Blues, Great Divide, Russian River, etc 
East Coast: Big Boss, Cigar City, Terrapin, Flying Dog, Dogfish Head, etc 
Don't know as much about the central US, but I'm sure there are goodies to be found there as well. Here's a pretty good website to get a feel for what people think of different beers and to maybe find some breweries in your area. 
 http://beeradvocate.com/lists/popular
Btw, I love beer. It's so yummy :D As long as you use moderation its a great experience!
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@mnzy said:
@Fajita_Jim said:

No Caption Provided
They go pretty easy on some serious stuff here. Steroids have huge side effects, all the trippy drugs, too. I don't know about that graphic...
LSD and magic mushrooms don't cause any physical alterations to the body or brain whatsoever (it's chemical interference, not physical). Even a little alcohol directly alters brain STRUCTURE, as in PHYSICALLY.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#139  Edited By Kazona

I love drinking some whiskey on a Friday or Saturday night, and just relax. Sometimes with, sometimes without a cigar.

pkhilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By pkhilson
@CaLe said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

I don't. I have zero desire to inebriate myself in any way, shape or form. Plus, money is better spent elsewhere.

Exactly this.

I'm surprised and pleased by what the majority answer is.. good chaps here.

That's not a cool thing to say... I don't drink at all, but I know plenty of "good chaps" that like to have a few beers or even go on a drunk once in a while and I don't judge them for it. They don't abuse it, which is when alcohol becomes a problem.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By teh_destroyer

@CaLe said:

@PKHilson said:

@CaLe said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

Exactly this.

I'm surprised and pleased by what the majority answer is.. good chaps here.

That's not a cool thing to say... I don't drink at all, but I know plenty of "good chaps" that like to have a few beers or even go on a drunk once in a while and I don't judge them for it. They don't abuse it, which is when alcohol becomes a problem.

I judge people on the decisions they make in life. Drinking alcohol happens to be a decision that I have no respect for, regardless of the reasons behind it. I can't force myself have a different view, it's part of me, good or bad.

So, because I decide to have a drink once in a while I am a bad person? yeesh.............

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By rentfn

After wake up this morning feeling how i feel, I don't know why I drink :)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#143  Edited By fattony12000
TO GET FUCKED UP. 

A nice wine or beer with the right kind of food is nice, the right kind of whisky/brandy is nice with the right kind of cigar. 

THE RIGHT KIND.
FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By FritzDude

I don't and i won't.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#145  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Guys, knock off the personal insults and references to Hitler. Everyone can have their opinion on the subject, and no one has any right to act like a jerk.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

#146  Edited By MikeinSC

Don't drink. If you do it well, you'll forget you did it. Seems pointless.

toolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By toolus

I have an Irish last name so its illegal for me not too.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By mikethekilla

Because it taste good 

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#149  Edited By bassman2112

I live in a hick town in the middle of a hick province, so I've been around alcohol prettymuch my entire life. 

The thing is, I refuse to drink. I've tried it, of course. When I turned 18 I bought myself a bottle of The Macallan and tried to see what all the fuss was about. Had little bits at a time in my room before bed and always hated the taste. In University I tried sips of beer, sips of coolers, etc. Always hated the taste. There's nothing appealing about alcohol to me, I'd much prefer drinking something I actually enjoy. 

That and the fact that my family is full of drunks, people addicted to drugs and that I've had more friends/family die directly because of drinking/drugs than I can count on both my hands.

I see nothing positive that comes out of drinking.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I don't drink alcohol.