Why is Islamic Jew-hatred allowed to thrive on academic campuses?

• 143 results
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By hicks91

Anyone around here who shares a scholarly interest in Islamic extremism often wonder if they can possibly see anything more shocking than their last encounter. This video at least, reminded me there are always new lows. 

This is a video taken from a recent talk by the author David Horowitz at the University of California, San Diego. 

I wont spoil the video for you, but i encourage you to watch it all the way to the end. I have no idea why she is allowed to get away with what she says
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By hicks91

Anyone around here who shares a scholarly interest in Islamic extremism often wonder if they can possibly see anything more shocking than their last encounter. This video at least, reminded me there are always new lows. 

This is a video taken from a recent talk by the author David Horowitz at the University of California, San Diego. 

I wont spoil the video for you, but i encourage you to watch it all the way to the end. I have no idea why she is allowed to get away with what she says
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Subjugation

Did you intend to have a slash between Islam and Jew in your title? I thought Islam and Judaism were mutually exclusive. And the world will always have bigots. Sorry. 

Just finished the video. Sometimes "Free Speech" leads to some ugly things :| The part about that guy hoping that there was a gathering of Israel so he didn't have to hunt down the Jews and her being for it was not very tasteful.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Did she say she hosts Hitler youth get togethers?   
Also he seems to be making a blanket statement on muslims by implying that most muslims support hamas. 

They both don't seem like good people.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FourWude

David Horowitz is a troll himself. You should see the things he says. He's an extremist himself, so don't paint him out to be some kind of martyr.

From the David Horowitz Freedom Center 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

...those silly Muslims getting people riled up.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KarlPilkington

Forums are getting very political today. Deep guys, deep.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By davidwitten22

Your title is so ridiculously overblown.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hicks91
@FourWude:  
How in any way am i saying he is anything 
he asked the question is she for or against the quote he reads out 
she says for 
she gets away with it
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FourWude
@hicks91 said:
" @FourWude:  How in any way am i saying he is anything he asked the question is she for or against the quote he reads out she says for she gets away with it "

Well then she's an idiot. But you should also know the history of the man who is making the speech. It's all in CONTEXT.

I could easily pull quotes from Adam Gadahn, a Jewish Settler Extremist, who routinely made threats about genocide against Palestinians and Muslims, but what's the point? I'd just be giving an idiot more attention.

anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By anarchyzombie9

Nationalism is fun guys!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel

Just wondering but in 10-20 years, what culture will we be at war with next?  80s/90s we had those damn Russians, 2000/2010 we got them Muslims...so who is next?  The sooner the better, I kinda wanna fly in peace for once....without being harassed.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MarkWahlberg

How is one incident representative of all academia?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King
@KaosAngel said:
" Just wondering but in 10-20 years, what culture will we be at war with next?  80s/90s we had those damn Russians, 2000/2010 we got them Muslims...so who is next?  The sooner the better, I kinda wanna fly in peace for once....without being harassed. "
I'm guessing it's gonna be Asia, since China's a rising economic power, and gamers already have a kind of anti-Japan attitude.
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FourWude

This thread also presupposes that Jews don't hate Muslims either. 

When I was at University many of the Jews were nice enough, but you also had the few real hardline Zionists, the ones who would protest anything Muslim or Palestinian. Should a handful of people be representative of the majority. Well no, not really. And it would always be the same handful of people, only 5-6.

P.S My Uni had an enrollment rate of around 10,000. So put it in even more perspective.

Best thing I've found with loud mouths and idiots, is NEVER give them the attention, because that's what they want.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By davidwitten22
@KaosAngel said:
" Just wondering but in 10-20 years, what culture will we be at war with next?  80s/90s we had those damn Russians, 2000/2010 we got them Muslims...so who is next?  The sooner the better, I kinda wanna fly in peace for once....without being harassed. "
WAAAAH WAAAAAAHH
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hicks91
@KaosAngel:  

Sure lets have some peace! First a thought experiment though: go to any Muslim majority country, and declare you have left the faith and see what happens 

@MarkWahlberg:  
http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/index.php/component/content/article/713  
study done by the quilliam foundation, no group better to spell it out than them saying that there is a very real threat 
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RsistncE
@hicks91:
There is one thing you probably need to realize OP: people are fucking retarded. The more attention you give them, the more they act out. 

By the way if I wasn't clear, I was referring to you. You clearly have no idea what actually happened in that video hahaha. Go get a glass of water, sit down and watch again. You might feel a little embarassed.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KaosAngel
@FourWude: I think the majority of Muslims and Jews don't hate each other, just people trying to start something.  I mean their backgrounds are almost the same...and they have the same damn heritage.  Hell, we both can't eat pork, can't drink, got the same rules for Kosher and Halal, etc.  We need to send everyone to the Middle East at least once to show people it isn't all bad. 

Sure you got the crazy Muslim who wants to nuke Israel and America (while forgetting a very important Mosque is there too) and you the crazy Jews who hate not just Muslims but Christians too.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snipzor
@KaosAngel said:
Give it time, and soon enough, we'll all be happy and peaceful and rallying against those damn Canadians.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@KaosAngel said:
I've seen people of all races and faiths being searched, not just those that follow islamic faith.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@KaosAngel said:
90s russia? 

what..... 

either you misspelled " 50s/80s" or you are just bad at history :)
momosauky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By momosauky1

hatred is just hatred, all religions hate each other, islamic hatred towards jew's is as allowed as jew's hatred towards muslims 

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" I've seen people of all races and faiths being searched, not just those that follow islamic faith. "
I meant that due to the fear of Islam and the war on terror it's bad for everyone.  You see the new TSA stuff?  Got poor old ladies being groped for "security".
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Jeust

Chilling. 

GregariousGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GregariousGreg
@hicks91 said:
" @KaosAngel:  

Sure lets have some peace! First a thought experiment though: go to any Muslim majority country, and declare you have left the faith and see what happens 

15% of people in Indonesia aren't Muslim so I imagine you would be fine
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By CL60

Why is Muslim hatred allowed to thrive in the US?

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hicks91
@FizzleNizzleBear: There's a difference between being an apostate and not being Muslim 
In a lot of Islamic countries the penalty for apostasy is death
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RsistncE
@CL60 said:

" Why is Muslim hatred allowed to thrive in the US? "

It's all socio-political nonsense my man. This has nothing to do with actual religions or ethno-cultural groups; those reasons are just used at the lowest social strata to convince the dimwits of society (approx. 60% of the human population) to come along for whatever ride that policy makers are wishing to go on. It just so happens that shitbags like the OP are one of those dimwits that spew all that indoctrinated vomit over everyone.
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#29  Edited By StarvingGamer

I think all forms of hatred should be allowed to thrive on the campus of a public university as long as they remain nonviolent.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By beej
@FizzleNizzleBear
@hicks91 said:
" @KaosAngel:  

15% of people in Indonesia aren't Muslim so I imagine you would be fine
God people always forget indonesia, it's infuriating, since indonesia has the most muslims of any country. But hey it doesn't fit their stereotypes!
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PillClinton
@weeman105 said:
" Did you intend to have a slash between Islam and Jew in your title? I thought Islam and Judaism were mutually exclusive. And the world will always have bigots. Sorry. "
This.  The biased nature of this thread's title alone is enough to make it lack credibility.  
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Jeust
@StarvingGamer said:

" I think all forms of hatred should be allowed to thrive on the campus of a public university as long as they remain nonviolent. "

I think they already do thrive. 

And I'm against it, as they only end up poisoning the world with hate. 
Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Edin899

I am a muslim and i wanne beat them both down with my bare hands ! 

Who is with me lets gooo !

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hicks91
@RsistncE: Nothing to do with religion? Have you read the Qu'ran? 

As far as i see it there are three forms of Islam 
1. The Qu'ran and the Hadith 
2. The tradition of the sharia 
3. what most Muslims practice today 

Make no bones about it, the Qu'ran is a hateful book 

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them    

There are plenty, plenty more. 

Mohammed himself was a war criminal, and raped an 8/9 year old girl 
And remember everything inside of it is said to be the verbatim word of Allah, so you cant say it is just "open to interpretation" because its straight up what God said 

The sharia is not progressive at all, lose a hand for stealing? Stoned to death for adultery. I dont really need to elaborate 

and finally to my third point where there is hope, what most Muslims practice today. Most law abiding Muslims use their own personal judgement instead of that of a defunct and out dated holy book on how to lead their lives. However when the IRA was bombing england during the 80s, the government didnt just ignore ireland as a source of the problem. 
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Subjugation

There are good people and bad people from every background. When will society understand this? Man, this planet sucks. I'm out. Peaceeeeee.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By AhmadMetallic

woah she's hardcore.. why cant people just drop all this race/religion hate and fucking live

Avatar image for almightydogbert
AlmightyDogbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlmightyDogbert

People ignorant other's opinion purely based on creed get's me just sad at the world. I have to say I dislike religion, so much evil comes about from it, humans aren't intelligent enough to have it sensibly. Just damn it.   

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By hicks91

Let me do this the short way. Al-Azhar is the world’s leading center of Islamic scholarship. I was mooching around there the other month myself. One of the faculty there, for want of a better term, has just given an interview in which he mentions the ground zero mosque. As it happens he is one of those “Islamophobes” who is opposed to the building. But not for the obvious reasons. Dr. Abd Al-Mu'ti Bayumi, a member of Al-Azhar's Islamic Research Academy, said that the mosque's construction was a mistake because it could link Islam to 9/11. The good doctor says it's a mistake to make that link, and suggests that even the building of the mosque is yet another extension of an ingenious plot organized by—come on, you can guess it—the Jew    

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."    

If you guys are ok to allow this sentiment so carry on, then fine
Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nasos100
@hicks91: dude relax. About Mohammed being a war criminal one can say THE EXACT SAME thing about Moses who is prominent in all 3 monotheistic religions.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hicks91
@Nasos100: Yes but both Judaism and Christianity went through several revolutions that led to these verses being largely ignored and placed into historical context 
the people who tried to do the same with Islam were wiped out
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By masternater27

It seems academic culture is at least very antizionist, which is hard to separate from antisemitism as much as people claim they're exclusive.  As a Jew it's very troubling, and I don't see a difference 99% of the time.  Antisemitism was propagated by professors in Germany as well in the 1930s.  The use of "Jew" as a term to mean bad and "jewed" meaning you were cheated out of something is offensive, alarming, very widespread, and totally accepted in America these days.  Why shouldn't we be able to return to somewhere we can feel at home when we are made to feel unwelcome on a daily basis here?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RsistncE
@hicks91 said:
" @RsistncE: Nothing to do with religion? Have you read the Qu'ran? 

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them    

There are plenty, plenty more.  Mohammed himself was a war criminal, and raped an 8/9 year old girl And remember everything inside of it is said to be the verbatim word of Allah, so you cant say it is just "open to interpretation" because its straight up what God said  The sharia is not progressive at all, lose a hand for stealing? Stoned to death for adultery. I dont really need to elaborate  and finally to my third point where there is hope, what most Muslims practice today. Most law abiding Muslims use their own personal judgement instead of that of a defunct and out dated holy book on how to lead their lives. However when the IRA was bombing england during the 80s, the government didnt just ignore ireland as a source of the problem.  "
Man you are so right, the Qu'ran is the only backwards thinking, archaic religious text out there! If only it was more progressive like, say, the New Testament! /SARCASM

Besides you seem to have completely missed my point: numb nuts like you are gullible enough to actually think there is a "War on Terror". This is why governments are so good at what they do; it's not hard to herd people when they're as moronic as you.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KaosAngel

...you know if it wasn't for the Arabs and Muslims when Europe was in the Dark Ages...we'd be far more backwards now.  Just saying. 

It's like people forget we wouldn't have modern math, science, etc...without them Jews and Muslims.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ryanwho

Jewish people seem to jump at the opportunity to get on the cross, ironically.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RsistncE
@hicks91 said:
"

Let me do this the short way. Al-Azhar is the world’s leading center of Islamic scholarship. I was mooching around there the other month myself. One of the faculty there, for want of a better term, has just given an interview in which he mentions the ground zero mosque. As it happens he is one of those “Islamophobes” who is opposed to the building. But not for the obvious reasons. Dr. Abd Al-Mu'ti Bayumi, a member of Al-Azhar's Islamic Research Academy, said that the mosque's construction was a mistake because it could link Islam to 9/11. The good doctor says it's a mistake to make that link, and suggests that even the building of the mosque is yet another extension of an ingenious plot organized by—come on, you can guess it—the Jew    

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."    

If you guys are ok to allow this sentiment so carry on, then fine "
Yeah, and the Book of Revelation totally doesn't make out Israelites to be the enemy of everyone when they join up with the Anti-Christ before the tribulation. 

NEWS FUCKING FLASH: Anti-semitism existed. Get over it.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hicks91
@RsistncE:  

The most violent verse in the New Testament (why do people always have to involve other religions?? something bad that is relatively good is till bad!) is Jesus saying he will come with a sword, other than that its all that hippy shit like love thy neighbour  
and none of it is claimed to be the verbatim word of God either

Youre getting very personal too, perhaps you should calm down
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#48  Edited By StarvingGamer
@Jeust Telling people they're not allowed to hate will only galvanize them. Only by hating freely is there any chance for a real discussion to occur.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ryanwho
@KaosAngel said:
" ...you know if it wasn't for the Arabs and Muslims when Europe was in the Dark Ages...we'd be far more backwards now.  Just saying.  It's like people forget we wouldn't have modern math, science, etc...without them Jews and Muslims. "
Actually the war Muhammed waged in modern Spain prolonged the Dark Ages. And it wasn't until the Crusades when many old Roman papers were recovered that we (Europe) rediscovered a bunch of forgotten tech that helped end the Dark Age. So your message seems to be "if bored post- Heathen Army Christian thug knights didn't decide to pillage Jerusalem, the Dark Ages would have lasted longer". There's a silver lining to everything, sure.  But this is a real stretch.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RsistncE
@hicks91 said:
" @RsistncE: Nothing to do with religion? Have you read the Qu'ran? 

There are plenty, plenty more.  Mohammed himself was a war criminal, and raped an 8/9 year old girl And remember everything inside of it is said to be the verbatim word of Allah, so you cant say it is just "open to interpretation" because its straight up what God said  The sharia is not progressive at all, lose a hand for stealing? Stoned to death for adultery. I dont really need to elaborate  and finally to my third point where there is hope, what most Muslims practice today. Most law abiding Muslims use their own personal judgement instead of that of a defunct and out dated holy book on how to lead their lives. However when the IRA was bombing england during the 80s, the government didnt just ignore ireland as a source of the problem.  "
"When God got wind of what was going on in Gomorrah,  he sent two Angels to investigate. Now the Angels went to the house of the one godly man in town, Lot, and the townspeople tried to rape them. Now, Lot, not wanting his town to get the reputation as the kind of place that would rape Angels, offered up to the mob his own daughters to rape...and he was the good guy in town. Which brings me to this question: if I every had to swear an oath, why would I want to put my hands on the King James bible? I think I could probably find more morality in the Rick James bible."