Why is Islamic Jew-hatred allowed to thrive on academic campuses?

• 143 results
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By buzz_killington
@masternater27: I'm not categorically against Israel's existence as a country, and I don't think anyone should be, but to take Hamas' actions out of the region's context and call it 'genocidal' doesn't make sense. The Israeli army is doing as much 'genocide' as Hamas, if not more.
Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By Lautaro
@beej said:
" at the op: Hahahahaha! I like how you only call out one party when horowitz was being super intolerant himself. "
Completely agree.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By ryanwho

At some point every holocaust survivor will be dead from old age and then maybe we can stop treating Israel like a victim after it bombs a school "in self defense".

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Snipzor
@ryanwho said:
" @Snipzor said:
" //Ginger "
BURN IT "
Activate, cloak... dye!!! Ahh, hidden again. But for how long?
confinedbread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By confinedbread

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By MikeinSC
@beej said:
" @FizzleNizzleBear
@hicks91 said:
" @KaosAngel:  

Sure lets have some peace! First a thought experiment though: go to any Muslim majority country, and declare you have left the faith and see what happens 

15% of people in Indonesia aren't Muslim so I imagine you would be fine
God people always forget indonesia, it's infuriating, since indonesia has the most muslims of any country. But hey it doesn't fit their stereotypes! "
Didn't Indonesia refuse aid from Israel after their tsunami?
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By MikeinSC
@buzz_killington said:
" @masternater27 said:

"  Why shouldn't we be able to return to somewhere we can feel at home when we are made to feel unwelcome on a daily basis here? "

No one is against people returning to where their ancestors originated, but to carve out a country based on a single religion, and forcing the native Arabs residing there for hundreds if not thousands of years out only because the US wants a base in the geopolitically important region of the world is just not fair. People are against that, not returning of Jews to the place where their ancestors hailed from. "
Jews were a majority in that area for centuries and the lands the Muslims had were stolen from the Jews. If you're going to claim historical precedent to the land, Jews will frequently have the advantage over other religions.

And you're aware the US wasn't behind the founding of Israel, right?
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108  Edited By Bruce
@Chabbs0:  

I know; it's as if they opened up Wiki news or something.
GregariousGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By GregariousGreg
@MikeinSC said:
" @beej said:
" @FizzleNizzleBear
@hicks91 said:
" @KaosAngel:  

Sure lets have some peace! First a thought experiment though: go to any Muslim majority country, and declare you have left the faith and see what happens 

15% of people in Indonesia aren't Muslim so I imagine you would be fine
God people always forget indonesia, it's infuriating, since indonesia has the most muslims of any country. But hey it doesn't fit their stereotypes! "
Didn't Indonesia refuse aid from Israel after their tsunami? "
And the US denied aid sent by Cuba and Venezuela after Katrina.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By hicks91
@ryanwho said:
" At some point every holocaust survivor will be dead from old age and then maybe we can stop treating Israel like a victim after it bombs a school "in self defense". "
Of course Israel isn't blameless, but Hamas commit a lot more in violation of international laws, and they set their mortars up inside of school ground for precisely that reason. When Israel fire back they are made to look the bad guy. 

@MikeinSC said:
" @buzz_killington said:
" @masternater27 said:

"  Why shouldn't we be able to return to somewhere we can feel at home when we are made to feel unwelcome on a daily basis here? "

No one is against people returning to where their ancestors originated, but to carve out a country based on a single religion, and forcing the native Arabs residing there for hundreds if not thousands of years out only because the US wants a base in the geopolitically important region of the world is just not fair. People are against that, not returning of Jews to the place where their ancestors hailed from. "
Jews were a majority in that area for centuries and the lands the Muslims had were stolen from the Jews. If you're going to claim historical precedent to the land, Jews will frequently have the advantage over other religions.  And you're aware the US wasn't behind the founding of Israel, right? "
you cannot and should not divide land by basis of religion, thats why there is so much bad stuff happening in gaza right now. What would be a simple division of territory and rights is made impossible by the inclusion of religion
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By hicks91
@Edin8999 said:
" @hicks91 said:
" @RsistncE: Nothing to do with religion? Have you read the Qu'ran? 

As far as i see it there are three forms of Islam 
1. The Qu'ran and the Hadith 
2. The tradition of the sharia 
3. what most Muslims practice today 

Make no bones about it, the Qu'ran is a hateful book 

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them    

There are plenty, plenty more.  Mohammed himself was a war criminal, and raped an 8/9 year old girl And remember everything inside of it is said to be the verbatim word of Allah, so you cant say it is just "open to interpretation" because its straight up what God said  The sharia is not progressive at all, lose a hand for stealing? Stoned to death for adultery. I dont really need to elaborate  and finally to my third point where there is hope, what most Muslims practice today. Most law abiding Muslims use their own personal judgement instead of that of a defunct and out dated holy book on how to lead their lives. However when the IRA was bombing england during the 80s, the government didnt just ignore ireland as a source of the problem.  "
You think every single muslim on the planet takes the qu´ran word by word? You think we follow every single word in it?  What about christians? Christian priests rape kids all the time.  And what about christians who go on wars in the name of christianity to kill innocent muslims?  Religion is fucked up, i follow some of islams traditions but not all.  I for one hope that one day there will be a world without religion so we can finally have peace. "
what about christians? when the pope was visiting where i live (The UK) i was one of the ones shouting for him to be arrested, though interestingly enough for doing that i wasnt accused of bigotry........
Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By Psych0Penguin

Racism is wrong aimed at any group ladies and gentlemen

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MikeinSC
@ryanwho said:
" At some point every holocaust survivor will be dead from old age and then maybe we can stop treating Israel like a victim after it bombs a school "in self defense". "
Will that be after we condemn Hamas for launching rockets from said school?
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By AlexW00d

I have never been able to work out the hatred people of one Religion have for people of another, especially not when said Religions are Judaism, Chrstianity, and Islam. Because those three are basically the same thing, with the same God, and most of the same teachings and stories. It just so happens that the main character of each of the holy books happens to be a different person. Abram, Mohammad, and Jesus.

27thRed_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By 27thRed_Martyr
Who cares its not long till the Christians will have another Crusade Under the Emperor Darth Ratzinger the Pope Benedict, So for the 1st time all 3 religions will be involve.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By hicks91
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By NoXious
@27thRed_Martyr:
Well - right about now I'm assuming that the amount of anti-Christian hatred is running to a boiling point. Bombings of Christians in Egypt, Iraq - not to mention the amount of Christians being hunted in Indonesia.
The Top 10 of countries where hatred to people of another religion is common - is littered with Muslim countries...
I'm stocking up on popcorn, that's for sure!
PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By PoppaKyle

I'm very proud of some people in this thread (Serious). 
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119  Edited By TheHBK

That bitch is fucking RETARDED.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#120  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

There really is no point in trying to argue with hicks91, nothing will stop his one man crusade against Muslims

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By hicks91
@Buck_Sexington:  
Against Islamism, yes i will not stop raising my concerns on it 
your comment however is facetious 
Buccura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#122  Edited By Buccura

Simple, many Academic Campuses are full of bleeding heart liberals desperately trying to prove they aren't racists, even though the people they give favor to shows blatant hatred to others.

Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn
@hicks91 said:

" @Buck_Sexington:  Against Islamism, yes i will not stop raising my concerns on it your comment however is facetious  "

Maybe you could like raise you concerns on a personal blog and not on this forum. You can rant to your hearts content and we can all get back to enjoying threads about the Seattle Seahawks
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By hicks91
@Buck_Sexington said:
" @hicks91 said:

" @Buck_Sexington:  Against Islamism, yes i will not stop raising my concerns on it your comment however is facetious  "

Maybe you could like raise you concerns on a personal blog and not on this forum. You can rant to your hearts content and we can all get back to enjoying threads about the Seattle Seahawks "
no one makes you read what i have to say 
no one makes you comment either 

I actually have "ranted", but in a public forum as part of my universities debating society and one day came the "Islam is a religion of peace debate". On the other side was a fairly typical young muslim man, and i asked him the simple question under the teachings he preaches on campus, what would happen to me for my sexuality 
he refused to answer there, he dodged the question, but the answer is to be thrown from the highest mountain 
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn
@hicks91 said:
" @Buck_Sexington said:
" @hicks91 said:

Maybe you could like raise you concerns on a personal blog and not on this forum. You can rant to your hearts content and we can all get back to enjoying threads about the Seattle Seahawks "
no one makes you read what i have to say no one makes you comment either  I actually have "ranted", but in a public forum as part of my universities debating society and one day came the "Islam is a religion of peace debate". On the other side was a fairly typical young muslim man, and i asked him the simple question under the teachings he preaches on campus, what would happen to me for my sexuality he refused to answer there, he dodged the question, but the answer is to be thrown from the highest mountain  "
True but you do start one of these threads every couple of weeks and it always ends up the same way. You start quoting lines of scripture and using it as fact against 1 billion people, you refuse to listen to anyone's counter arguments and find news stories that feature Muslims and use their crimes to brand an entire religion. It's frankly getting rather old and I do feel sorry that you have this paranoia about Islam taking over the world.  

I have no idea what a typical young Muslim man looks like or what his views are. I'm assuming you're gay since you bring up the topic of sexuality and I honestly have no idea what Muslims believe should happen to gay people. Most of them probably don't care who you sleep with at all but I'm sure there are a minority that take what is written in the Qur' an  literally and think that you should be "thrown from the highest mountain" Of course you could have been having a debate with a white, anglo-saxon Roman Catholic who, if he was a practicing Roman Catholic, would most likely think that you are committing a mortal sin by being gay and will spend eternity in hell. Not really much difference is there. 
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By hicks91
  @Buck_Sexington:  

As far as i remember i made two, this one and the other was on the fact i didn't think a person should be arrested for burning the qu'ran, as a precedent has already been set that burning holy books in the UK is not illegal. So hardly every couple of weeks.
 I have made two threads. This one and the other being objecting to a girl being arrested for burning a Qu'ran because the precedent has been set in britain that burning holy books is not a criminal offence. so thats hardly every couple of weeks. And with posts like

@RsistncE said:
" @hicks91 said:
" @RsistncE:   The most violent verse in the New Testament (why do people always have to involve other religions?? something bad that is relatively good is till bad!) is Jesus saying he will come with a sword, other than that its all that hippy shit like love thy neighbour  and none of it is claimed to be the verbatim word of God either Youre getting very personal too, perhaps you should calm down "
Wow, you clearly have not read the bible (cliff notes don't count). None of it is the word of god? Oh man, tell that to a Christian. Seriously man, you're so you're piling your bullshit so high I'd need a plane to fly over it.  I'm not getting personal about this at all, I'm just pointing out how retarded you are. You are so incredibly naive and gullible; you are literally the epitome of what went wrong with democracy. That is to say: you're one of the 60% who have no fucking clue how the world works and yet are allowed to vote, a vote which leads to things like unnecessary wars, genocides etc. I've only ever said this to one other person on these forums: you are what is wrong with the world. "

why would i bother debating?
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By hicks91
@Buck_Sexington: yes and as i said, i object to the roman catholic church equally so whats your point?
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#128  Edited By Xeiphyer

You should probably check your sample size OP. Just because there are two extremist trolls talking at a campus does not mean that there is some widespread hatred thing going on. 

Honestly, there will always be an 'Enemy', the media demands it. There will always be bigots in the world, and there will always be people who want to listen and share in that bigotry. 

Fortunately/Unfortunately, University campus' are places that value freedom of speech and will almost never silence it in any way. Thats why these people are allowed to preach their bullshit. Its also why people have to see pictures of dead fetus' from the pro-life activists. Bunch of scumbags.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ryanwho
@Xeiphyer: You don't get how the internet works. Single solitary anecdotes =hard science.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By hicks91
@Xeiphyer: But in the UK, Tax Payer funded organisations are allowing extremist preaches to come over and spread their vile diatribe. This immediately makes it my concern as i am both a taxpayer and a human being, or a Kuffar as they would have it. 

I dont see muslims as an enemy, i see islamists as my enemy and there is a distinction between the two that people will realise if they read up on the subject
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn
@hicks91: My point is that I don't see you starting threads about Catholics despite them being just as guilty as Muslims on the things you keep bringing up against Muslims.
HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@Buck_Sexington said:
" @hicks91: My point is that I don't see you starting threads about Catholics despite them being just as guilty as Muslims on the things you keep bringing up against Muslims. "
I would take it one step further and say that the Jews are equally as guilty, but he seems rather biased towards camp. It's hard to argue with a person like that, as they tend to just dismiss anything conflicting.
oliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By oliver

They both dont eat pork , they slod get along more

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#134  Edited By ATrevelan
@hicks91 said:
I dont see muslims as an enemy, i see islamists as my enemy and there is a distinction between the two that people will realise if they read up on the subject "
And yet you're quick to blast the Qu'ran, label people islamists with abandon, and ask poorly phrased loaded questions on a website that has nothing to do with the subject of your tirade. 

You sir, are a troll. Well played.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#135  Edited By KaosAngel
@hicks91: ...you do know that Muslims have to believe 100% in the Old Testament like the Jews and Christians right?  Even the New Testament, Muslims have to believe almost all of it...and Jesus himself is known as the Messiah in Arabic.  There are very few differences with the religious text of the Torah, Bible, and Quran.  Even in Arabic there's a saying that says:  "Eat with a Jew, Marry a Christian".   

The similarities between the three are so much.   

The entire issue with the Middle East has nothing to do with religion and it's all political, if you've never been to the Middle East and just read shit, you can never know.  As a guy who has been to the Middle East, and quite often, I can tell you everyone there agrees that there is no religious war there...and it's all due to the politics of the area.
SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SoothsayerGB

There is nothing "scholarly" about that.   One person was offended, verbally attacked the other.  Other responded in the same manner.

Glad you think your right and of the intelligence to speak out on, displaced dialogue between two clearly frustrated arguers.

Your point/accuzations are completely invalid.   3/10.  GB is an easy target. 

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@Chabbs0 said:
" Hamas supports me. She's got it all wrong. "
Hamas supports Fernando Torres. Why do you think his form dipped?  

BA-ZING
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ch3burashka

They's both fucked up.  

@SethPhotopoulos said:

" Did she say she hosts Hitler youth get togethers?   Also he seems to be making a blanket statement on muslims by implying that most muslims support hamas.  They both don't seem like good people. "
I'm assuming the Hitler Youth get-together was her attempt at a joke. Didn't work too well. 
Unless it wasn't a joke, in which case BUUUUUUUUUUUUH?!!!!
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#140  Edited By KaosAngel
@Blair said:
" Incorrect.  Maybe you can't drink but us Jews sure can. "
Sure you can, but God would prefer it if you didn't...as it is technically a drug, and drugs are a sin!  :P
Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#141  Edited By Jayzilla

This all goes back to Abraham having Ishmael and Isaac. These ethnic fights between Jews and the other races in the areas in the Middle East go back farther than most history records. This fighting was going on before Christianity or Islam even. David and Goliath, Samson, Elijah, etc. It won't stop until the end of time because it isn't supposed to stop. A mutual hatred between these peoples is embedded in the fiber of their being.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By hicks91
@ryanwho said:
" @Xeiphyer: You don't get how the internet works. Single solitary anecdotes =hard science. "
It's raised and shown in the documentary i posted 2 pages back as being endemic in britain 

@Buck_Sexington said:
" @hicks91: My point is that I don't see you starting threads about Catholics despite them being just as guilty as Muslims on the things you keep bringing up against Muslims. "
i mentioned in this thread even, i was at the protests against the pope visiting britain and that he should be arrested so this point doesnt stand either 

@ATrevelan said:
" @hicks91 said:
I dont see muslims as an enemy, i see islamists as my enemy and there is a distinction between the two that people will realise if they read up on the subject "
And yet you're quick to blast the Qu'ran, label people islamists with abandon, and ask poorly phrased loaded questions on a website that has nothing to do with the subject of your tirade.  You sir, are a troll. Well played. "
ive labelled one person an islamist in here anyway, and thats the lady in the op 

@KaosAngel said:
" @hicks91: ...you do know that Muslims have to believe 100% in the Old Testament like the Jews and Christians right?  Even the New Testament, Muslims have to believe almost all of it...and Jesus himself is known as the Messiah in Arabic.  There are very few differences with the religious text of the Torah, Bible, and Quran.  Even in Arabic there's a saying that says:  "Eat with a Jew, Marry a Christian".    The similarities between the three are so much.    The entire issue with the Middle East has nothing to do with religion and it's all political, if you've never been to the Middle East and just read shit, you can never know.  As a guy who has been to the Middle East, and quite often, I can tell you everyone there agrees that there is no religious war there...and it's all due to the politics of the area. "
so whats your point i think theyre all equally ridiculous
Both judaism and christianity had cultural revolutions that updated their beliefs, islam hasnt had that (yet!) 
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#144  Edited By Vinchenzo

The fact that religious threads get so much attention really pisses me off. I wish we would disallow them on GB. 

P.S. Yes I know I'm bumping this and giving it a view and effectively giving it the undeserved attention I speak of.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By RsistncE
@hicks91 said:
"   @Buck_Sexington:  

As far as i remember i made two, this one and the other was on the fact i didn't think a person should be arrested for burning the qu'ran, as a precedent has already been set that burning holy books in the UK is not illegal. So hardly every couple of weeks.
 I have made two threads. This one and the other being objecting to a girl being arrested for burning a Qu'ran because the precedent has been set in britain that burning holy books is not a criminal offence. so thats hardly every couple of weeks. And with posts like

@RsistncE said:
" @hicks91 said:
" @RsistncE:   The most violent verse in the New Testament (why do people always have to involve other religions?? something bad that is relatively good is till bad!) is Jesus saying he will come with a sword, other than that its all that hippy shit like love thy neighbour  and none of it is claimed to be the verbatim word of God either Youre getting very personal too, perhaps you should calm down "
Wow, you clearly have not read the bible (cliff notes don't count). None of it is the word of god? Oh man, tell that to a Christian. Seriously man, you're so you're piling your bullshit so high I'd need a plane to fly over it.  I'm not getting personal about this at all, I'm just pointing out how retarded you are. You are so incredibly naive and gullible; you are literally the epitome of what went wrong with democracy. That is to say: you're one of the 60% who have no fucking clue how the world works and yet are allowed to vote, a vote which leads to things like unnecessary wars, genocides etc. I've only ever said this to one other person on these forums: you are what is wrong with the world. "
 why would i bother debating? "
Of course you won't bother debating because there isn't anything to debate. You have no intelligible response based on any known evidence or measurable quantity; that's why you resort to idiotic arguments and the laymens view of how the world works (which might I add is entirely incorrect).