• 65 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mageman
#1 Posted by Mageman (387 posts) -

What gives, it's kinda bizarre that in some states it's as high as 18, even 16 is kinda pushing it.

Avatar image for mesoian
#2 Posted by mesoian (1621 posts) -

Short answer: Religion

Avatar image for coombs
#3 Edited by Coombs (3510 posts) -

Half your age plus 7

Any younger and you just get into the creepy territory.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for colourful_hippie
#4 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (5710 posts) -
Avatar image for funkydupe
#5 Posted by Funkydupe (3613 posts) -

NICE WEATHER WE'RE HAVING!

Avatar image for l44
#6 Posted by L44 (638 posts) -

What prompted you to start this thread?

Avatar image for mageman
#7 Posted by Mageman (387 posts) -

@Coombs said:

Half your age plus 7

Any younger and you just get into the creepy territory.

No Caption Provided

Not true, 15 year olds are timeless, it's also imo the ''perfect'' (+1/- 1, depends on the girl) age.

Avatar image for inkerman
#8 Posted by inkerman (1493 posts) -

16 is a good median I think. In Australia (Victoria anyway) it's 16 except if the older person is over 18 and has a 'position of authority' over you, then it's 18. The fact that parents can report rape when their of age child consents is a bit much though I think.

Avatar image for oldirtybearon
#9 Posted by Oldirtybearon (5626 posts) -

Better question is why OP is trying to diddle children.

Avatar image for mageman
#10 Posted by Mageman (387 posts) -

@Inkerman said:

16 is a good median I think. In Australia (Victoria anyway) it's 16 except if the older person is over 18 and has a 'position of authority' over you, then it's 18. The fact that parents can report rape when their of age child consents is a bit much though I think.

That's just as bad, HS girls are usually attracted to college boys and vice versa, so them having thangs together is a mutual benefit. And it is in Europe, but the US seems to complicate this and I wonder why.

Avatar image for amir90
#11 Posted by amir90 (2243 posts) -

16 in Norway, but expect some looks coming your way if you are way older than her.

Avatar image for haggis
#12 Posted by haggis (1674 posts) -

@Mageman said:

What gives, it's kinda bizarre that in some states it's as high as 18, even 16 is kinda pushing it.

Most states have exceptions for minors engaging in sex with each other, and so the age of consent is mostly about adults having sex with minors. It has little to do with religion and more about power imbalances and maturity--ie., whether a fourteen year old would be capable of saying no to a 21 year old pressuring them for sex. Most people recognize that as a general rule of thumb, it's not a good idea for early teenagers to be having sex with adults, and the law provides a stopgap in case things go wrong.

Avatar image for mattyftm
#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14804 posts) -
Moderator
Avatar image for bell_end
#14 Posted by Bell_End (1234 posts) -

its 16 in the UK but 18 to buy porn.

Avatar image for claude
#15 Posted by Claude (16651 posts) -

Fuck 'em all and god speed.

Avatar image for firepaw
#16 Posted by Firepaw (3053 posts) -

15 here in Denmark I think.

Avatar image for somejerk
#17 Posted by SomeJerk (4077 posts) -

Two 17 year olds in a loving mutual relationship on their way to getting married sometime into their adult years after finishing studies and finding employment, a home, separated because one of them turned 18 and they had sex and somebody found out and reported it, and the older one was nabbed for statuatory rape, put behind bars, marked as sexual offender.

Happens every year, many times.

Avatar image for loyalroyal1989
#18 Posted by loyalroyal1989 (46 posts) -

this thread is way too creepy....

however i would agree 18 is too high but not as ridiculous as drinking at 21 what retard thought of that.

Avatar image for demigodraven
#19 Posted by DemiGodRaven (349 posts) -

Heh.

Avatar image for rowr
#20 Posted by Rowr (5861 posts) -

Nobody answer the guy with a picture of a 14 year old girl as his avatar...

Avatar image for soap
#21 Posted by Soap (3774 posts) -

I swear in some parts of Europe it's like... 12 but they actually end up having an older average age for people losing there virginity. I imagine that half the thrill of losing it before your 16 (in the UK at least) was just because it's illegal.

Avatar image for flappy
#22 Posted by Flappy (2415 posts) -

Oh geez. The threads that I stumble upon at 5 in the morning.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
#23 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2043 posts) -

YOU'RE NOT A GOOD PERSON.

Avatar image for somejerk
#24 Edited by SomeJerk (4077 posts) -

@Soap said:

I swear in some parts of Europe it's like... 12 but they actually end up having an older average age for people losing there virginity. I imagine that half the thrill of losing it before your 16 (in the UK at least) was just because it's illegal.

Yeah it's a psychological thing, along with drinking and smoking. It's the old "parents says we can't do this, let's do this in secret, teehee", it's cookiejaring.

e: and cookiejaring should totally be a word to describe that thing

Avatar image for golguin
#25 Posted by golguin (5275 posts) -

@Rowr said:

Nobody answer the guy with a picture of a 14 year old girl as his avatar...

I believe Kairi is of legal age in the present KH timeline.

Avatar image for mars_cleric
#26 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1649 posts) -

I, uh...I gotta go. But you guys can stay here and keep talking...

Avatar image for incapability
#27 Posted by Incapability (244 posts) -

Take this back to Reddit.

Avatar image for rowr
#28 Posted by Rowr (5861 posts) -

@golguin said:

@Rowr said:

Nobody answer the guy with a picture of a 14 year old girl as his avatar...

I believe Kairi is of legal age in the present KH timeline.

I believe whoever the hell that is resembles a 14 year old girl.

Avatar image for golguin
#29 Posted by golguin (5275 posts) -
@Rowr

@golguin said:

@Rowr said:

Nobody answer the guy with a picture of a 14 year old girl as his avatar...

I believe Kairi is of legal age in the present KH timeline.

I believe whoever the hell that is resembles a 14 year old girl.

I actually believe Kairi is 14 years old in KH1 and that is a drawing of her from the first game.
Avatar image for petiew
#30 Edited by Petiew (1421 posts) -
@golguin: That's not Kairi, Kairi looks way more cartoony. Also this thread is kind of bad.
Avatar image for golguin
#31 Posted by golguin (5275 posts) -

@Petiew said:

@golguin: That's not Kairi, Kairi looks way more cartoony. Also this thread is kind of bad.

I just checked out this profile and its amazing that the girl in the pic is wearing the same kind of purple and black tank top and necklace. Their hair is similar enough to be artistic interpretation, but she's missing Kairi's neck choker. I guess it's just some anime check that looks like Kairi from just the profile pic.

Avatar image for gamefreak9
#32 Posted by gamefreak9 (2877 posts) -

@Mageman said:

@Coombs said:

Half your age plus 7

Any younger and you just get into the creepy territory.

No Caption Provided

Not true, 15 year olds are timeless, it's also imo the ''perfect'' (+1/- 1, depends on the girl) age.

Good rule. I Always think its a little shady when a 19/18 year old can't hook up with a 17/16 year old so to fix that, we should round UP.

Avatar image for wraxend
#33 Posted by Wraxend (615 posts) -

I thought the original post was gonna say its 21 or something but to say 16 is too old just makes this whole thread weird.

Avatar image for matti00
#34 Posted by matti00 (677 posts) -

@gamefreak9 said:

@Mageman said:

@Coombs said:

Half your age plus 7

Any younger and you just get into the creepy territory.

No Caption Provided

Not true, 15 year olds are timeless, it's also imo the ''perfect'' (+1/- 1, depends on the girl) age.

Good rule. I Always think its a little shady when a 19/18 year old can't hook up with a 17/16 year old so to fix that, we should round UP.

I'd say this is a good rule, but I broke it with my lady. When we started seeing each other I was 19, she was 28. Five years later, and I can say it's been fairly successful.

It did help that at the time she had recently quit her high paying job and was re-enroled at University I think, but it's hard to say this is a hard and fast rule from my personal experience.

Avatar image for venatio
#35 Posted by Venatio (4724 posts) -

It's 15 years old in Sweden and this thread is really weird

Avatar image for polygonslayer
#36 Posted by PolygonSlayer (457 posts) -

To me it seems 16 is the most appropriate age. That's approximately the age (+/-) people start fooling around anyway. As long as teens are around the same age and had good sexual education in school then I don't see a problem with it at all and don't see why it should be seen as creepy. It's completely natural part of that age.

Older people with teens though... yeah, that can be a bit creepier, but all depends on how big that age gap is. If it's a 16 and 18 year old then it's not too bad, but a 16 and a 18+ and you start getting into real creepy territory.

Avatar image for gamefreak9
#37 Posted by gamefreak9 (2877 posts) -

@matti00 said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@Mageman said:

@Coombs said:

Half your age plus 7

Any younger and you just get into the creepy territory.

No Caption Provided

Not true, 15 year olds are timeless, it's also imo the ''perfect'' (+1/- 1, depends on the girl) age.

Good rule. I Always think its a little shady when a 19/18 year old can't hook up with a 17/16 year old so to fix that, we should round UP.

I'd say this is a good rule, but I broke it with my lady. When we started seeing each other I was 19, she was 28. Five years later, and I can say it's been fairly successful.

It did help that at the time she had recently quit her high paying job and was re-enroled at University I think, but it's hard to say this is a hard and fast rule from my personal experience.

well no, you would employ the rule on the oldest of the two. So you did not break it. 14+7=21. Also Hugh Hefner recently broke it hardcore. I think he is like 86 and married a 30 year old :p. I guess the rule would be laxed if the younger person is above like 20.

Avatar image for dukest3
#38 Posted by DukesT3 (2095 posts) -

Really depends on the parents and if its considered socially "acceptable", at 15 one I had gf thats was 13 and the other was 14. At 18 another gf was 16 going on 17 that year but we started dated a year earlier. Pretty much when your in high school its just what the parents think is cool and as long as your not like 17 trying to date a 12 year old or something. Once you kind of hit 20 and older, high school girls are pretty much off limits in most peoples eyes.

Avatar image for ocean_h
#39 Posted by Ocean_H (283 posts) -

Back in the old days, the ancestors used to marry women (or girls) as young as 12-14.

Avatar image for razielcuts
#40 Posted by RazielCuts (3269 posts) -

@LooseChange: Dude if your parents are getting involved in your sex life you've done fucked up.

And yes, weird thread is weird. True title should be 'Why can't I fuck kids?'

Avatar image for Krockett
#41 Posted by Krockett (520 posts) -

Okay so how old are you and how old is she....Thats the important Question....and have you done anything illegal yet?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
#42 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6117 posts) -

@LooseChange said:

Really depends on the parents and if its considered socially "acceptable", at 15 one I had gf thats was 13 and the other was 14. At 18 another gf was 16 going on 17 that year but we started dated a year earlier. Pretty much when your in high school its just what the parents think is cool and as long as your not like 17 trying to date a 12 year old or something. Once you kind of hit 20 and older, high school girls are pretty much off limits in most peoples eyes.

Loading Video...

It's also kind of appropriate for the thread.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
#43 Posted by deathstriker666 (1349 posts) -

If you're asking that question then it should be higher.

Avatar image for Krockett
#44 Posted by Krockett (520 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming: ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

Avatar image for tearhead
#45 Posted by Tearhead (2436 posts) -

If they can read, they can breed.

Avatar image for coombs
#46 Posted by Coombs (3510 posts) -

@Mageman:

I suppose this should have been asked already, How old are you?

Because if your in your teens I can understand this thread, at that age 15+ is.... viable (I feel old and dirty)

And what is the question here?

Is it why is the age of consent for sex period so high?, Or Why is the age to legally start having sex so high? Because as far as sex-period goes (please don't make that joke) the age is set that high to keep adults from preying on young people (read creepy old men & little girls) And legally having sex, Well... The laws are full of many loopholes that allow kids near the same age to have sex without legal repercussions.

So basically those laws are in place not so 15-17 year olds can't have sex, But to ensure they are only having sex with each other. To the best of my memory in most places in the USA / Canada you can legally have sex at 14 provided the person you are having sex with is within two years of your age. So 14-16, 15-17 and then some places 16< others 18< I could be mistaken now, but that's how it was when I was in highschool.

Anyway I'm done with this creepy ass thread, So again I'm just gonna post this again for the benefit of anyone 20+

(FYI the chart only applies to men, Women can have sex with men far younger than themselves without being considered "creepy" they're just cougars.)

No Caption Provided

*Sorry if I'm rambling, It's very late.

Avatar image for mageman
#47 Posted by Mageman (387 posts) -

@8bit_Archer said:

Okay so how old are you and how old is she....Thats the important Question....and have you done anything illegal yet?

The age of consent is 15 where I live and it's ok, here, I just don't see why it's so high in the US, it's a pretty evil thing.

If you were an attractive 15 year old highschool girl, would you rather get fucked by hormone ridden pizza faced highschooler assholes or a more mature and athletic college guy ?

Yeah.

Avatar image for aetheldod
#48 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

What a silly question ... cuz for gringos they are 17 year old kids!!!!!! They cant make decision for their own accord much less engage in the horrible sin destroying evil that is sex ... it must be destroyed you heathens.,,, that is why :P

In all honesty perhaps in older times it wasnt a bad idea people getting to mate younger but nowadays because of the complexities of our current society is less palatable to do so (and a crime in many cases). Also I have this idea that the old crones dont like men looking at younger females because you know ....men would go for the younger , yeah that wasnt sexist at all right? Guys? ... err I show myself out :/

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
#49 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6117 posts) -

@Mageman said:

@8bit_Archer said:

Okay so how old are you and how old is she....Thats the important Question....and have you done anything illegal yet?

The age of consent is 15 where I live and it's ok, here, I just don't see why it's so high in the US, it's a pretty evil thing.

If you were an attractive 15 year old highschool girl, would you rather get fucked by hormone ridden pizza faced highschooler assholes or a more mature and athletic college guy ?

Yeah.

You didn't answer the question.

Avatar image for ghost_cat
#50 Posted by Ghost_Cat (2041 posts) -

Don't think, just do.