Wii or 360 ?

insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By insanegamer

so this week i have been thinking in the next couple of months to get a New Console. so its between a 360 and Wii.

lets start with the 360 i will end up getting a 360 but there are few thing keeping me getting this next, i give it has some great exclusives and good online but then you have to pay for online and the hardware can't be trusted.

so i made a list of games what i want on the 360 the most -

1. Fable 2 - well this RPG game looks fun and i have played a bit of it and was fun as hell when i played it and i would love to play more because what i did play wanted me to play the whole thing.

2. Dead Rising - well i played some of this as well but i had a lot of fun and i would love to play this game from start and finish and looking forward to the 2nd one.

3.Mass Effect - i haven't played this game but what i have seen and the reviews it looks good and its good the 2nd one coming to the PS3 but i really want to play more of the first one.

4. Alan Wake - i don't know when this is coming out but ever since i saw the first video i have been impressed and one of the reasons why i would want a 360.

so with the Wii the only thing is putting me off is the games on the wii, there are not many calling my name but i think this will be my next console and here are some games i want.

1. Mad World - well just look at the trailers, this game looks so good killing people and a guy with a chainsaw for a arm and in black and whit kind of like sin city i am hoping to get a wii around the same time of this game.

2. House Of The Dead: Overkill - just look at the trailers, look at the gore and this just looks so cool and has the grindhouse feel to it.

3. Broken Sword: Directors Cut - well this is a directors cut for one of my fav point and click games so i might just have to pick this up.

4. sam and max: Season One - i love sam and max and havn't played any of the ones on the pc so this might be a great option for me.

5. Zack and Wiki - this game looks fun i have never played it but i have heard good things about this game.

PS. also i like the Resident Evil 5 Uber pack i hope i can pack this pack up because i say that its worth it.

No Caption Provided

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By shimbibby

In my opinion I would - without hesitation, recommend the 360. There's an abundance of amazing games in the back catalog, as well as many more coming in the future. I also don't really feel that the hardware issue is that huge an issue; yea its a pain if you get the RROD, but there's a 3 year warranty.
Can you see yourself REALLY wanting any more Wii games other than the ones you listed? You'll definitely get more game time out of the 360 due to the online play.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

I must say that, between those two, I would go with the 360. There are so many games out there to play, and you probably have missed out on the exclusives, which are great. Also, have you played Left 4 Dead and Bioshock? Those are great games for the 360. And there are many, many others.

The Wii is good, but between those two, I would go, hands down, with the 360. Madworld has promise, but so does RE5, Halo Wars, Alpha Protocol, etc., etc..

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Endogene

Only go for the wii if you do not have the time to tackle big games and mostly play games with your friends.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By End_Boss

Unfortunately, every gamer I've known that has picked up a Wii has regretted it. The system just does not have much to offer the core audience, unless you particularly enjoy half-baked fitness programs and sub par ports of other current gen games.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RetroIce4

360. I bought the Wii and havent touched it. Doesn't have ANY games except for Smash.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By gla55jAw

All of my friends who have a wii, now also have a 360 and don't play their wii anymore.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eric_buck

If I were you I would get the Wii just because of crappy 360 hardware and the fact that there are loads of good exclusives on the wii (mario, no more heroes etc. . Anyways that Res 5 pack looks super cool.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eric_buck

Oh and if you already have a PS3 I would say Wii because there aren't THAT many exclusives on the 360. There are certainly quite a few good ones but it doesn't really seem worth it to me...

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

I'd recommend a 360 even if you have a PS3 over a Wii to everyone but complete newbies to gaming.  Many 360 versions of multiplatform games are better than the PS3 versions (usually in small ways though), and there are a lot of excellent exclusive 360 titles (Culdcept Saga, Castle Crashers, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Rez HD, Pac Man Championship Edition, Dead Rising, Crackdown, Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead (if you don't have a PC to play it on), Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, and Braid just to give you a handful of examples).  People always say that 360 lacks exclusives, but it actually has the best exclusive library this generation.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I would recommend a Wii, but I've been called insane.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf

I would have to say the 360. The games are why I bought mine.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

the 360.
it's really a no-brainer.

Think about what you said, you said the only problem with the wii is its games.  lol

As far as number of exclusives go, the wii obviously has the most, but the 360 easily has the most good exclusives

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, I'll suggest going with the 360. I've owned a Wii since launch, and well, I can't recommend it. I enjoyed it the first few months, but haven't really found much worth playing on it in a while. The Wii is definitely overpriced, and lacking in quality games. The 360 has hardware issues, but there is an automatic 3 year warranty on red rings.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

Well, ask yourself these questions:

1. Do you have real life friends who you would play the Wii with?
  2. Do you like nintendo games?
  3. Do you have a PS3?
  4. Do you have a good gaming PC?
  5. Will you be in need of Wi-Fi?
If you can say yes to all of those then you might as well get a Wii. If not then buy yourself a 360.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By tekmojo

Dude 360, easiest decision of your life.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By ShadowKiller

As an owner of both I'll have to say 360 all the way. The Wii is fun for the first few weeks/months but after that you'll be wishing you chose the 360 and all of it's awesomeness.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

Get a Wii regardless of gaming habbits (but especially if you also feel like getting non-gamer family and friends into the habit) as it offers a little bit of everything (contrary to popular belief). Just don't miss out on older titles like Metroid Prime 3 and No More Heroes - especially MP3 as it's one of the most complete and polished (single player) FPS experiences this gen, despite the lack of HD which is made up for by incredible art direction and great controls. These (along with some more recent games you mentioned) will keep you busy until more of the 2009 heavy hitters arrive, of which the Wii has a ton to look forward to (again, contrary to popular belief).

If your PC is up to par you can play several of the 360 'exclusive' games you listed (like Alan Wake and Mass Effect) on that, it's what I do. The rest of the big titles are usually also available on PS3 if you have that, with negligible differences which aren't always 360 friendly.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude
Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Video_Tycoon

Take the xbox 360, if you buy it though, ask for proof of warranty in writing.

Also, your points kind of contradict themselves...

"i will end up getting a 360"
"so with the Wii the only thing is putting me off is the games on the wii, there are not many calling my name but i think this will be my next console"
So which one is it?

Also, please, capitalize your I's.  That's all I'm asking.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Claude

"Damn bug keeps erasing my post."

I bought my Wii first and my Xbox 360 came later... no regrets.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#22  Edited By gla55jAw

Also I forgot to ask if you have an HD TV, your going to need at least a 32" to get a good picture out of your 360 (if you get one). I started off with a standard 21" tv when I first got my 360 and I couldn't read certain things or objects and the quality looks like a ps2 game until you upgrade to HD.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shadows_kill

ps3> or = 360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>wii

i have a wii and i never use it...nor will i be buying ANY games for it this year. none of the games interest me i dunno why i still have the thing. if i where you i would get a ps3 if not 360...

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Dalai

This should help immensely.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zityz

Id get both to be honest. The Wii does have some decent titles for it, I mean if you havent bought one NOW, you should be fine concidering there is at least a few games that will keep you occupied+ whats comming out.
Zelda:TP ,
Mario Galaxy,
No More Heros (2 is comming this year)
Metriod Prime 3
Okami ( if youve never played it)
Onichambara ( if your into that kinda thing)
Sonic: The Seceret Rings
Sonic: The Black Knight(This is if your into sonic games now- a-days,seceret rings isnt bad, but its not good either) 
RE4:Wii edition
( all the games you mentioned)
Smash Brothers,
Mario Kart:Wii ,
dead rising:chop til you drop,
Tales of Symponia 2 ,
Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles: Echos of Time , 
The Conduit, to name a few.
Also if you can find a copy of Metal Slug Anthology, then go for it. its 7 games for the price of 1.
This isn't including the WiiWare games, Nor Vurual Console games, so there IS a lot to choose from. Also, if you never had a gamecube, it plays those as well, there IS  a great deal of games, it's just being overshadowed by what the ps3 and 360 have to offer.

If you buy a 360, You can't go wrong with that either.
Depends on what you want to get first, but I would definatly get both, you really can't go wrong with any either of them.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pause422

Its so obvious I'm not even going to say my suggestion. Its not even a close competition either.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Linkyshinks

360, get a Wii when the price drops.

themovi3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By themovi3nut

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gizmo

Get a 360, the online is awesome.

Shigginator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shigginator

I prefer the 360. The game selection is really what drew me in.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Captain_Fookup
Get an Xbox 360 bro, you get your monies out of it. Later on down the line pick up a Wii on a whim
Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Steven

I don't know if you have a PS3 already (it sounds like you do), if you do then it's a tough call, if not then I'd say definitely the 360.  The wii has a number of amazing games, but just not enough of them.  So the wii is great and different, but don't expect to be playing it a ton once the novelty wears off (though some of the games coming look to change that, but we just don't know yet).  The 360 is amazing in a number of different ways, but there is a ton of overlap with the PS3.  It has a ton of great downloadable games (Castle Crashers is amazing), and you just have to see if the exclusives seem worth it to you.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I say neither, and I'll tell you why:

A) Wii has very little games that'll interest hardcore/long time gamers. Ours sits on the shelf and is rarely used.
B) Xbox 360 red-rings so often, you think you're living next to a fire station. You can get an extended warranty, but in my own opinion (flame away!) the lack of peace of mind and the headache of having to ship your brick back every so often (and being without it for weeks) isn't worth the select few exclusives that are on 360.

Take that money and invest in a gaming PC (or upgrade your own). A large portion of the 360's exclusive games are either already on PC, or will be soon. You can use a 360 controller with your PC, too. Plus, you can play most PC games (FPSes, RTSes) online against other people for free, no Live subscription required.