Will Shooters ever improve?

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By stucket

I have played many games in my life,and im starting to get sick of them as times goes by[yes im growing up]. Many games seem to have Similar Gameplay. I sure talk about one Genre that the games feel VERY SIMILAR.

Shooter.......Hmm...,a genre for kids who like to hold a armed weapon Legally.... Now from the years of genre, The only improvement to the average shooting game, is the graphic.But as time goes by, You see that Graphic improves so much that it cant improve much.

Yes for some shooting games,like the Halo 1-3 Series,It has quite a nifty story,or Bioshock, with a extremely good story. Now the question is,will Shooters Ever improve?From what i see, Its just shooting a different enemy but with the same idealogy of Armed Weapons.it gets real boring.

Now,the only way shooters can improve,is to add more gameplay factors to it,rather than just shooting,add in some tactics,or a squad-based shooter? This are just my ideas..

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By stucket

I have played many games in my life,and im starting to get sick of them as times goes by[yes im growing up]. Many games seem to have Similar Gameplay. I sure talk about one Genre that the games feel VERY SIMILAR.

Shooter.......Hmm...,a genre for kids who like to hold a armed weapon Legally.... Now from the years of genre, The only improvement to the average shooting game, is the graphic.But as time goes by, You see that Graphic improves so much that it cant improve much.

Yes for some shooting games,like the Halo 1-3 Series,It has quite a nifty story,or Bioshock, with a extremely good story. Now the question is,will Shooters Ever improve?From what i see, Its just shooting a different enemy but with the same idealogy of Armed Weapons.it gets real boring.

Now,the only way shooters can improve,is to add more gameplay factors to it,rather than just shooting,add in some tactics,or a squad-based shooter? This are just my ideas..

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kmdrkul

There have been many, many small tweaks to the formula over the years.  Everything from being able to look up and down (either Heretic or Hexic- can't remember which) to being able to sprint (no idea what game started that.)  Small, subtle advances will continue to be made, but eventually the ideas will run out.