Avatar image for belonpopo
#1 Posted by Belonpopo (2144 posts) -
Avatar image for mcghee
#2 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

Ron Paul is the only guy that will fix the bullshit in our country.

Avatar image for belonpopo
#3 Posted by Belonpopo (2144 posts) -

I'll be voting for the first time in November 2012 (turn 18 in September 2012). I won't vote to re-elect Barack Obama, though I'll go with a conservative party member in the end.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for thoseposers
#4 Posted by Thoseposers (925 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Ron Paul is the only guy that will fix the bullshit in our country.

I thought the Ron Paul hype on the internet was kind of weird for a while but now that i've seen some clips of him and what he stands for and his attitude i would totally love for him to be president.

Avatar image for belonpopo
#5 Posted by Belonpopo (2144 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: That's who everyone is talking about around here. I call him Ronald Paul though.
Avatar image for kinsella
#6 Posted by Kinsella (54 posts) -

Terrible idea for a thread. Terrible.
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
#7 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3629 posts) -

I will be voting in 2014.

Avatar image for belonpopo
#8 Posted by Belonpopo (2144 posts) -
@Kinsella: FACIST!
Avatar image for mcghee
#9 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

Ron Paul won at CPAC and Fox News played an old tape of him getting booed, then claimed it was an accident.

Avatar image for surkov
#10 Posted by Surkov (1019 posts) -

This thread won't end well, especially with stupid images like the one Belonpopo just posted. 

Avatar image for bombhills
#11 Posted by bombHills (650 posts) -

Ron Paul!

Avatar image for chet_rippo
#12 Posted by Chet_Rippo (252 posts) -

Politics is the best thing to talk about in a video game website

Avatar image for belonpopo
#13 Posted by Belonpopo (2144 posts) -
@Surkov: I just upload more then.
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for gamefreak9
#14 Posted by gamefreak9 (2877 posts) -

Although Obama has good intentions, i don't think he managed to contribute enough... that debt ceiling tax extension was unacceptable... 

Avatar image for ryanwho
#15 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

I'll vote for Rick Perry to be the next model they use on Brawny paper towels.

Avatar image for yanngc33
#16 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

We also have presidential elections in 2012 in France and I will probably vote the Chasse, Peche et Nature (Hunting, Fishing and Nature) party because lol
Avatar image for skogen
#17 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

Video games are synonymous with politics. The best place to have a heated political discussion is on a website who's front page features a video of dog football.

Avatar image for subjugation
#18 Posted by Subjugation (4963 posts) -

@Belonpopo: That picture is brilliant.

Avatar image for endless_void
#19 Posted by endless_void (731 posts) -

I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.

Avatar image for dochaus
#20 Posted by DocHaus (2339 posts) -

I might just vote Green Party because at this point, does it really fucking matter?

Avatar image for toxin066
#21 Posted by Toxin066 (3469 posts) -

Ron Paul, baby.

Avatar image for bocam
#22 Posted by Bocam (4099 posts) -

@ryanwho: This

Avatar image for ksaw
#23 Posted by Ksaw (363 posts) -

@Belonpopo said:

I'll be voting for the first time in November 2012 (turn 18 in September 2012). I won't vote to re-elect Barack Obama, though I'll go with a conservative party member in the end.
No Caption Provided

Yeah, the Bush administration had nothing to with the economy taking a dive.

Avatar image for bravetoaster
#24 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -

I will not be voting.

Avatar image for meowshi
#25 Posted by Meowshi (2917 posts) -

Probably Obama.   
 
Just so that I can spend the next four years saying about the inevitable Republican victor, "He's not my President!"

Avatar image for no0b0rama
#26 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1511 posts) -
@endless_void said:
I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.
because all conservatives = Bush?
Avatar image for enigma777
#27 Posted by Enigma777 (6285 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

@endless_void said:
I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.
because all conservatives = Bush?

No, most of them are worse.

Avatar image for sirdesmond
#28 Posted by sirdesmond (1395 posts) -

I will be voting, most likely not for Obama (not that it's really going to matter). That said, I am not very pleased with any of the alternatives either.

It seems like this election is going to be much like the last one where I essentially just pick the lesser of two evils...

Avatar image for meowshi
#29 Posted by Meowshi (2917 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Ron Paul won at CPAC and Fox News played an old tape of him getting booed, then claimed it was an accident.

Hilarious.
Avatar image for mcghee
#30 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

@Ksaw said:

@Belonpopo said:

I'll be voting for the first time in November 2012 (turn 18 in September 2012). I won't vote to re-elect Barack Obama, though I'll go with a conservative party member in the end.
No Caption Provided

Yeah, the Bush administration had nothing to with the economy taking a dive.

It has nothing to do with any specific president and everything to do with the Federal Reserve, the out of control spending from both parties, and the removal of industry from the U.S.

Avatar image for meowshi
#31 Posted by Meowshi (2917 posts) -
@Vadis said:

Politics is the best thing to talk about in a video game website

Oh, shut up.  This is the off topic forum.  What, you want us to talk about video games here too?  
Avatar image for no0b0rama
#32 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1511 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

@endless_void said:
I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.
because all conservatives = Bush?

No, most of them are worse.

Good sir, I take your silly liberal views and slam them on the floor.
Avatar image for chet_rippo
#33 Posted by Chet_Rippo (252 posts) -

@Meowshi: No, I was just anticipating this turning into a massive argument like most political discussions do. Looks like it's going alright though.

Avatar image for ryanwho
#34 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -
@endless_void said:
I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.
Bush's policy=/= policy of all conservatives. 
He supported a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Not something a true conservative like Rick Perry will consider doing unless he gets a vision from god or something.
Avatar image for meowshi
#35 Posted by Meowshi (2917 posts) -
@No0b0rAmA said:
@Enigma777 said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

@endless_void said:
I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.
because all conservatives = Bush?

No, most of them are worse.

Good sir, I take your silly liberal views and slam them on the floor.
Instead of name-calling, you would really make him look silly by pointing out all the differences between Bush, and the leading Republican candidates.   
 
Just sayin'.
Avatar image for enigma777
#36 Posted by Enigma777 (6285 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

@Enigma777 said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

@endless_void said:
I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.
because all conservatives = Bush?

No, most of them are worse.

Good sir, I take your silly liberal views and slam them on the floor.

Don't even get me started on the democrats!

I don't care if our government is big or small, I just want it to work! Everyone needs to stop arguing about stupid shit like abortions, gun and gay rights and fucking fix this country before it goes to shit. The economy is already falling apart and good luck trying to find a job out there right now. But nooooo, they're all too busy arguing over crap and trying to push their own agendas so they can get re-elected. Bunch of self-serving bastards...

Avatar image for jacdg
#37 Posted by JacDG (2186 posts) -

I think Obama is the best option right now, since I find most of the liberal candiates.... crazy, Ron Paul seems to be a great dude even though I don't agree with him on a lot of subjects. From what I've seen he sounds reasonable, I like his stance against the wars amongst other things. With that said, politics these days suck, nobody seems to be willing to give up some position for the betterment of their country.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

Voting? *laughs* Oh, you humans and your stupid traditions.

Avatar image for iamjohn
#39 Posted by iAmJohn (6232 posts) -
Avatar image for ntm
#40 Posted by NTM (9803 posts) -

I really don't like voting. And I don't like voting for a single leader. I want to lead the world! Ha ha. I want real independence for not only the U.S. but for humanity; though without a president, I don't see any real positive alternative (unfortunately). So, although I don't like voting, I do it anyways. I feel I should.

Avatar image for mnzy
#41 Edited by mnzy (3044 posts) -

I'm not American but I follow your politics and I would have a really hard time to find a candidate for me.
Obama did a bad job sticking to his promises. Guantanamo, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Cap and Trade, ending the wars and his whole government reforming stuff. Also he brought even more Wall Street into the White House than Bush did.
The Republicans acted like children during the debt limit discussion. This whole oath to never raise taxes thing is stupid and makes for really bad compromises, the heart of democracy. Tea Party isn't helping them, either.
 
Well...good luck you guys.

Avatar image for ryanwho
#42 Edited by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

Ron Paul winning the nomination over "lock step handsome guy" A and B would be a fun surprise. Even if you don't plan on voting right for the election, everyone should consider voting for him in primaries just to screw with the preconcieved notions of a good candidate being "look good and stay on script".

Avatar image for intro
#43 Edited by Intro (1271 posts) -

@gamefreak9 said:

Although Obama has good intentions, i don't think he managed to contribute enough... that debt ceiling tax extension was unacceptable...

Ya, I like Obama, but I don't think everything he's doing is working out.

I'll be 18 then and will probably be voting Ron Paul, even though my entire family are democrats.

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Ron Paul won at CPAC and Fox News played an old tape of him getting booed, then claimed it was an accident.

It's Fox News.

Avatar image for iamjohn
#44 Posted by iAmJohn (6232 posts) -

@ryanwho said:

Ron Paul winning the nomination over "lock step handsome guy" A and B would be a fun surprise. Even if you don't plan on voting right for the election, everyone should consider voting for him just to screw with the preconcieved notions of a good candidate being "look good and stay on script".

You're fully aware you could say the same thing about Dennis Kucinich and not be voting for a complete idiot, right?

Plus, then we'd have a smoking fucking hot first lady to boot.

Avatar image for ksaw
#45 Edited by Ksaw (363 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

No Caption Provided

@Ksaw said:

@Belonpopo said:

I'll be voting for the first time in November 2012 (turn 18 in September 2012). I won't vote to re-elect Barack Obama, though I'll go with a conservative party member in the end.

Yeah, the Bush administration had nothing to with the economy taking a dive.

It has nothing to do with any specific president and everything to do with the Federal Reserve, the out of control spending from both parties, and the removal of industry from the U.S.

The estimated cost of the Iraq war ( launched under the Bush administration) as of 2008 was roughly 6 billion dollars.

edit: sorry 600 billion dollars

Avatar image for jeffb01
#46 Posted by jeffb01 (26 posts) -

Even though I lean liberal (but not totally), I love ron paul. He always has the best lines because he has real beliefs and doesn't just try to appease the polls (being against these wars in a republican primary is tough) - but I still wouldn't vote for him because he's too much of an idealist. As I get older, I have so much less respect for idealism and fall on the side of pragmatism. Bush was an idealist (in a different way) so he would cut taxes and start wars - but a dynamic pragmatist would take the feedback of one to decide the other. If I wanted to start a war that bad, I would know that we shouldn't cut the taxes at that time and conversely if cutting taxes was so important, I wouldn't start wars.  my two cents... 

Avatar image for mysterion
#47 Posted by Mysterion (171 posts) -

Mitt Romney seems to be the best candidate that actually has a chance of winning the republican nomination so him I guess, if Rick Perry gets the nomination Obama all the way then.

Avatar image for ryanwho
#48 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:

@ryanwho said:

Ron Paul winning the nomination over "lock step handsome guy" A and B would be a fun surprise. Even if you don't plan on voting right for the election, everyone should consider voting for him just to screw with the preconcieved notions of a good candidate being "look good and stay on script".

You're fully aware you could say the same thing about Dennis Kucinich and not be voting for a complete idiot, right?

Plus, then we'd have a smoking fucking hot first lady to boot.

Im not ready for a dwarf president yet.
Avatar image for jimbo
#49 Posted by Jimbo (10472 posts) -

All Obama has to do is turn up at the TV debate in his 'I Shot OBL' t shirt and the election is in the bag.

Avatar image for yetiantics
#50 Posted by YetiAntics (1520 posts) -

Nope.

I learned my lesson!