Win10 SNES emulator with built in DS4 support?

Avatar image for audreyedtodeath
AudreyedToDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A variety of different media (Dorktown for Ken Griffey Jr.’s Winning Run; The Last Dance for NBA Jam even though Jordan is not in it, and SummoningSalt because he uses NHL 96 music in some of his videos) have made me nostalgic for SNES sports games, but the emulators I currently have, SNES9X and ZSNES don’t seem to be able to recognize my PS4 controller when it’s connected via Bluetooth…

Anyone on these forums have recommendations for an emulator that would recognize my DualShock 4 without the need for additional software or anything complicated?

The DS4 is my favourite controller from this gen and my wired 360 controller’s A button no longer works consistently… so I just want to have the controller I use for everything else work for this… thanks duders

~[^]_[^]~

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retroarch picks up on Dual Shocks straight away. All you need to do is the button config and you're set.

AudreyedToDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: thanks I’ll give that a shot!

AudreyedToDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay just a quick tip for anyone who read this thread looking for similar advice… load it into steam as a non steam game and somehow that’ll get it to interface with the PS4 controller? I don’t know… shit’s weird…

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah either go with DS4Windows, or just add it to Steam as a non-steam game. That way you’re able to use the controller mapping and streaming and all that stuff, and not worry if the program actually supports DS4 controllers.