Wish List for GB Wiki

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I was thinking I we might want to "encourage" someone to make a page for an obscure game we might love.

It’s not news to anyone that some people are good researchers and some people are not; I'm sure there are some games people who like for someone else to tackle to make a the wiki fuller or more complete. On the other hand, putting this topic under Wiki is not really the place for it since it is not about deleting, changing, or the official dry business of the wikis. I see this tread as a place to give ideas or illuminate where there are holes. This thread could be a place for asking for help while making a wiki page.

Personally, I was hoping some might tackle SkyFox games. We have the foundational stems for each game in the series, but neither game is described or are there more than two of three images beyond the cover art. I would tackle its myself, except I played the game when I was 12, I no longer have the game nor the system it worked on, and therefore I lack the tools to do a good job on that wiki.

Second, the franchise Carnage Heart has it six games listed, but only the first game is described. The five other games might not deserve descriptions before other great games, but someone could bang those out with a bit of sleuthing. And the, titular first game, which likely had a few players here, could be filled out a bit more with fist hand experience - I might even tackle that myself.

Third, is anyone willing to fill out a fuller description of Life Is Strange 2 and the other Donned games?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Back in the day, the GB Wiki was the absolute dog's bollocks, and we all worked really hard to maintain it. But nowadays, wikipedia has just eclipsed it. There's just no real incentive in filling it out anymore, sad;y

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#3 Marino  Staff

@sombre said:

Back in the day...we all worked really hard to maintain it

You joined in 2017 and have 19 wiki points, sir. 🤨

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino said:
@sombre said:

Back in the day...we all worked really hard to maintain it

You joined in 2017 and have 19 wiki points, sir. 🤨

My old account has several thousand posts and wiki points, and joined a month after you

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brian_

I added some basic plot and gameplay stuff to the Life is Strange 2 page. I don't remember enough of the specifics of what happened during each episode, or any of the soundtrack, so if anyone has more in-depth knowledge of that game than I do, or a better memory, feel free to add it.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@sombre said:

There's just no real incentive in filling it out anymore, sad;y

It's fun, which is the best incentive for doing anything.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

The wiki has been something I have put a ton of time and effort in to over the years, but lately it seems kind of forgotton. I would love to see a lot of the bugs fixed, especially trying to edit credits.

With Jeff now gone though, I am not sure it will get any support in the future as I feel like he was always the one staff member that actually cared about it.

jedikv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bobafettjm: this is my question too - I hope the website, wiki and API are part of the new direction for giant bomb. Would be a shame to lose such a historic resource

glik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobafettjm: I wondered the same thing and asked Bakalar about it yesterday. His response was "nothing is going to change with the Wiki". So, not getting dumped for server space but also not getting any attention either.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre said:

There's just no real incentive in filling it out anymore, sad;y

It's fun, which is the best incentive for doing anything.

Reminds me of someone who makes great art "just for fun" sadly nowadays, it's reaaaaally hard to justify that sometimes. 😥 It's a sad reality

@jedikv said:

@bobafettjm: this is my question too - I hope the website, wiki and API are part of the new direction for giant bomb. Would be a shame to lose such a historic resource

@glik said:

@bobafettjm: I wondered the same thing and asked Bakalar about it yesterday. His response was "nothing is going to change with the Wiki". So, not getting dumped for server space but also not getting any attention either.

Hmmm, so what is this, 1 step forward, 1 step back? 🤔💭 is this gonna become a relic?