So are there words or phrases out there that, for some reason, get under your skin? If so, what are they?
*Just a quick note, don't come in here saying the same old forum cop-out of "just deal with it" or something to that effect (in fact, thats one of my phrases), if you need your daily fill of ignorant, racist, hate-filled, or derogatory speech towards other people, do somewhere else to find it, because there will be NONE here...sorry.
Anyway, my list includes:
- "Deal with it." (yeah........)
- I don't like when websites include a small snippet of a story and then use the phrase "After the jump" or something with the word "jump" in it.
- "Swagger" (A message to us in the Hip-Hop community, we need to let this word die!)
- "Noob" (Really, people still use this word?)
- "Teh" (Ok, we get it, you can't spell, so stop using a keyboard.)
- "Fanboy" (Let's just call these people what they are, people who don't actually like playing videgames, but actually like talking about them. Actually, that's pretty long, but you get my point.)
- "RAP is CRAP" (We get it, you don't like Hip-Hop, but SHOCKING NEWS: Some people do!! Scary, I know! But seriously, I find it funny that noone learned from history when Rock music was "demonized" just because it was different, but rather keep repeating those mistakes.)
- "Ghetto" (I don't have a problem with the world, but I want people to start using it in it's proper context and real word definition, not to describe ANYTHING that seems to be a little worn down or Hip-Hop related.)
I can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure I have more.
Any thoughts? Any words or phrases of your own?
Log in to comment