Working my way through The Walking Dead

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I'm up to issue 28 of The Walking Dead.  I'm not usually much into comic books/graphic novels/whatever term isn't offensive to people who don't read books with no pictures, but this series totally has me sucked in.  The first volume was kind of meh, but once I got into issue #6 I started to really get hooked in.  I'm totally a zombie whore anyway, so this comic is pretty much right down my alley, and I haven't been disappointed.  With Walking Dead and the Angel:  After the Fall series, I've really been enjoying getting back into the comic book scene after years of not reading anything in that area.

Oh, to anyone who was a big fan of Shawn Elliott from the GFW podcasts over at 1up.com until he left last year, he's on a couple of podcasts on gamerswithjobs.com.  I totally recommend it.  I think Shawn manages to stay pretty insightful and honest with his opinions on the gaming industry, even now that he's part of the side that he spent years writing about.  I hope to hear more of him.  There's also an episode from December on there where him and Jeff Green sit in, which is great to hear.

Also, Team Fortress 2 is $10 (50% off) on Steam right now.  For the 3 people out there that haven't bought it, might be a good time.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I'm up to issue 28 of The Walking Dead.  I'm not usually much into comic books/graphic novels/whatever term isn't offensive to people who don't read books with no pictures, but this series totally has me sucked in.  The first volume was kind of meh, but once I got into issue #6 I started to really get hooked in.  I'm totally a zombie whore anyway, so this comic is pretty much right down my alley, and I haven't been disappointed.  With Walking Dead and the Angel:  After the Fall series, I've really been enjoying getting back into the comic book scene after years of not reading anything in that area.

Oh, to anyone who was a big fan of Shawn Elliott from the GFW podcasts over at 1up.com until he left last year, he's on a couple of podcasts on gamerswithjobs.com.  I totally recommend it.  I think Shawn manages to stay pretty insightful and honest with his opinions on the gaming industry, even now that he's part of the side that he spent years writing about.  I hope to hear more of him.  There's also an episode from December on there where him and Jeff Green sit in, which is great to hear.

Also, Team Fortress 2 is $10 (50% off) on Steam right now.  For the 3 people out there that haven't bought it, might be a good time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I fucking love that comic. I love how Kirkman isn't afraid of shaking things up and he's stated that he has no desire to end the story and wants it to just go on in perpetuity. Between that comic and Left 4 Dead, my zombie thirst is sated.

Shawn Elliott is one of my favorite people to hear discussing games. GFW Radio was my favorite podcast ever and I was pretty sad when it disappeared.
I've always though Shawn's critique and musings on games to transcend the whole review process. Don't get me wrong, he was a good reviewer, but it didn't quite seem to fit as his platform to discuss gaming. And as so many have said before. I wish Jeff Green was my dad. I should court his daughter so can be my father-in-law.

And to tie in both Shawn and the Walking Dead, I was kind of dismayed to hear him so down on Tony Moore. Though Adler does a great job, I enjoy Moore alot more. Then again, I'm kinda biased from being interfriends with him.