Would you believe in God if there was scientific evidence?

Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Isaac
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Isaac
Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics (Entropy) explained (Psalm 102:25-26). This law states that everything in the universe is running down, deteriorating, constantly becoming less and less orderly. Entropy (disorder) entered when mankind rebelled against God – resulting in the curse (Genesis 3:17; Romans 8:20-22). Historically most people believed the universe was unchangeable. Yet modern science verifies that the universe is “grow(ing) old like a garment” (Hebrews 1:11). Evolution directly contradicts this law.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Clean

I love Jesus he's legit

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Patchinko

Interpreting scripture to make it seem like it's talking about scientific facts is not evidence of God.

It's evidence of creative interpretation skills.

Dakota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Dakota

I don't believe there is evidence. One book that shows some scientific revelation by those who wrote the bible is not enough to consider anyone who is logical in their beliefs.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

the bible isnt even fact its just parables that are made to teach a lesson and make you a better person

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Vaxadrin

I think you linked to the wrong page.

Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Isaac
Patchinko said:
"Interpreting scripture to make it seem like it's talking about scientific facts is not evidence of God.

It's evidence of creative interpretation skills."

Guess Ya really can't teach an old dog new tricks.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By crunchUK
Isaac said:
"Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics (Entropy) explained (Psalm 102:25-26). This law states that everything in the universe is running down, deteriorating, constantly becoming less and less orderly. Entropy (disorder) entered when mankind rebelled against God – resulting in the curse (Genesis 3:17; Romans 8:20-22). Historically most people believed the universe was unchangeable. Yet modern science verifies that the universe is “grow(ing) old like a garment” (Hebrews 1:11). Evolution directly contradicts this law.
"
yes but life on earth is just a immensely tiny speck
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By DualReaver
Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:
"Interpreting scripture to make it seem like it's talking about scientific facts is not evidence of God.

Guess Ya really can't teach an old dog new tricks."
... Isn't it the other way around?
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Isaac
Dakota said:
"I don't believe there is evidence. One book that shows some scientific revelation by those who wrote the bible is not enough to consider anyone who is logical in their beliefs."

The Bible is the word of God. Through the people who physically wrote it. The evidence is right in front of you. Just try to give it a thought.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Patchinko
DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:

... Isn't it the other way around?"
Yeah, wow.

The ironing is delicious, Isaac.
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Isaac

You guys don't have to bash me. I just want you to look at it and see what you think.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DualReaver

"91.
Animals do not have a conscience (Psalm 32:9). A parrot can be taught to swear and blaspheme, yet never feel conviction. Many animals steal, but they do not experience guilt. If man evolved from animals, where did our conscience come from? The Bible explains that man alone was created as a moral being in God’s image."

What the flying fuck? I lose all respect for this list just reading that.

And no I'm not an Atheist, I'm Agnostic. 

Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Isaac
Patchinko said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:

Yeah, wow.

The ironing is delicious, Isaac."

The thing is I don't see you reasoning. I want you to enjoy life like I do. That's why I show you all these things. I KNOW he is real. I just want you all to take a second and think.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Karmum
Isaac said:
"Dakota said:
"I don't believe there is evidence. One book that shows some scientific revelation by those who wrote the bible is not enough to consider anyone who is logical in their beliefs."

The Bible is the word of God. Through the people who physically wrote it. The evidence is right in front of you. Just try to give it a thought."
When you can prove to me the world is 6,000 years old, is when the Bible is factual evidence.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Patchinko
Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:

Yeah, wow.

The thing is I don't see you reasoning. I want you to enjoy life like I do. That's why I show you all these things. I KNOW he is real. I just want you all to take a second and think."
No, what you did is call me an "old dog who can't learn new tricks". Who was bashing who here?

I'm sorry that you apparently took offense when I pointed out the fallacy of you thinking this was anything but people interpreting scripture to say it predicts what we've discovered through scientific methods. But it was a fallacy.
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Isaac
DualReaver said:
""91.
Animals do not have a conscience (Psalm 32:9). A parrot can be taught to swear and blaspheme, yet never feel conviction. Many animals steal, but they do not experience guilt. If man evolved from animals, where did our conscience come from? The Bible explains that man alone was created as a moral being in God’s image."

And no I'm not an Atheist, I'm Agnostic. "

Please explain why? Parrots can be taught to speak. Monkeys steal from their sibs. Please explain.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DualReaver
Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
""91.

Please explain why? Parrots can be taught to speak. Monkeys steal from their sibs. Please explain."
People can be taught that too.
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Isaac
Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

The Bible is the word of God. Through the people who physically wrote it. The evidence is right in front of you. Just try to give it a thought."
When you can prove to me the world is 6,000 years old, is when the Bible is factual evidence."

Can you prove it is 4 billion?
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DualReaver
Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

When you can prove to me the world is 6,000 years old, is when the Bible is factual evidence."

Can you prove it is 4 billion?"
Yes........... Science did that quite awhile ago...
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Patchinko
DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
""91.

Please explain why? Parrots can be taught to speak. Monkeys steal from their sibs. Please explain."
People can be taught that too."
Whoever said animals don't feel guilt never met my cocker spaniel after she pees on the rug. :{
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Isaac
DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Yes........... Science did that quite awhile ago..."

Show me.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Patchinko
Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

No, he can't. Because it's 14 billion.

Bible didn't teach you that one? Maybe it's because the Bible isn't a science textbook.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Black_Raven

No.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crunchUK
Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

ever heard of cosmic background?
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Bible didn't teach you that one? Maybe it's because the Bible isn't science textbook."
if it was science would be alot easier i think  :P
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DualReaver
Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."
Well it is more than 4 billion years old.
I can't really show you but we've carbon dated lets say Dinosaur fossils and they're more than 65 million years old.
That pretty much kills the whole the world is 6000 years old thing.
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Isaac
Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:

Yeah, wow.

The thing is I don't see you reasoning. I want you to enjoy life like I do. That's why I show you all these things. I KNOW he is real. I just want you all to take a second and think."
No, what you did is call me an "old dog who can't learn new tricks". Who was bashing who here?

I'm sorry that you apparently took offense when I pointed out the fallacy of you thinking this was anything but people interpreting scripture to say it predicts what we've discovered through scientific methods. But it was a fallacy."

Sorry if that offended you. All I meant was it would be impossible to teach something new to someone who strongly believes the opposite of me I def could have put that in better words so I apologize.

The thing is, you are assuming what you interpret is correct. As am I. It  is what you interpret to what you will believe.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Patchinko
ZombieHunter said:
"Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Bible didn't teach you that one? Maybe it's because the Bible isn't science textbook."
if it was science would be alot easier i think  :P"
I'd be out of a job. :{

Then again, a preeminent geneticist thinks holiness is encoded genetically, so maybe not! :D
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Isaac
DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."
I can't really show you but we've carbon dated lets say Dinosaur fossils and they're more than 65 million years old.
That pretty much kills the whole the world is 6000 years old thing."

How do you know Carbon dating is accurate?
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Patchinko said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

if it was science would be alot easier i think  :P"
I'd be out of a job. :{

Then again, a preeminent geneticist thinks holiness is encoded genetically, so maybe not! :D"
word to that home slice lol
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Patchinko
Isaac said:
The thing is, you are assuming what you interpret is correct. As am I. It  is what you interpret to what you will believe."
Then by your own admission, one is not within his rights to tell another that his or her interpretation is incorrect.

But that is precisely what you are doing here.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DualReaver
Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."

How do you know Carbon dating is accurate?"
Actually I was being an idiot it is Radiometric dating not carbon. >_<
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."

How do you know gods real?
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Isaac
crunchUK said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

ever heard of cosmic background?"

No explain
Thanatos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Thanatos

I see no evidence here

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Thanatos said:
"I see no evidence here"
i agree 
mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mandeponium

The very idea of God cannot be scientifically proven.

I do however believe there is a God.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DualReaver
DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."

Actually I was being an idiot it is Radiometric dating not carbon. >_<"
Radiometric dating is fairly accurate, you compare the ratio of Isotopes with their byproducts and with what we know about how isotopes decay nowadays we can get a fairly accurate estimation of how old something is.

Doesn't give exact dates but it's accurate enough to know the difference between something that is 6,000 years old and 65,000,000 years old.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Patchinko
Thanatos said:
"I see no evidence here"

Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Isaac
Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:
The thing is, you are assuming what you interpret is correct. As am I. It  is what you interpret to what you will believe."
Then by your own admission, one is not within his rights to tell another that his or her interpretation is incorrect.

But that is precisely what you are doing here."

No. That is how you are taking it. Like I said, I know he excists. I want you to see what I see, but to do that I have to bluntly show you. You believing in the opposite doesn't help my cause either.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
DualReaver said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."

Radiometric is fairly accurate, you compare the ratio of Isotopes with their byproducts and with what we know about how isotopes decay nowadays we can get a fairly accurate date of how old something is.

Doesn't give exact dates but enough to know the difference between something that is 6,000 years old and 65,000,000 years old."
for DualReaver
for DualReaver
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Patchinko
Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:

No. That is how you are taking it. Like I said, I know he excists. I want you to see what I see, but to do that I have to bluntly show you. You believing in the opposite doesn't help my cause either."
You just assumed I believe the opposite. I never said I believe the opposite.

But hey, at least you're admitting that it's a belief now.

Or are you going to backpeddle on that, too?

Sorry, I just have to be blunt with someone like you.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By Vaxadrin
ZombieHunter said:
You're winner!
It's funny you post that, because the video review for Big Rigs is the same reaction I have every time I see a thread about science and religion.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Vaxadrin said:
"ZombieHunter said:
You're winner!
It's funny you post that, because the video review for Big Rigs is the same reaction I have every time I see a thread about science and religion."
thats what i was thinking to and half the reason i did it the other was it was the only pic of a trophy i had 
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Isaac
ZombieHunter said:
"DualReaver said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."

Radiometric is fairly accurate, you compare the ratio of Isotopes with their byproducts and with what we know about how isotopes decay nowadays we can get a fairly accurate date of how old something is.

Doesn't give exact dates but enough to know the difference between something that is 6,000 years old and 65,000,000 years old."
for DualReaver
for DualReaver
"
Link

The Facts

We know that radioisotope dating does not always work because we can test it on rocks of known age. In 1997, a team of eight research scientists known as the RATE group (Radioisotopes and the Age of The Earth) set out to investigate the assumptions commonly made in standard radioisotope dating practices (also referred to as single-sample radioisotope dating). Their findings were significant and directly impact the evolutionary dates of millions of years.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Patchinko
Isaac said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"DualReaver said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."

for DualReaver
for DualReaver
"

Steve Austin, PhD geology, and member of the RATE team, had a rock from the newly formed 1986 lava dome from Mount St. Helens dated. Using Potassium-Argon dating, the newly formed rocks gave ages between 0.5 and 2.8 million years. These dates show that significant argon (daughter element) was present when the rock solidified (assumption 1 is false)."

CUZ STONE COLD SED SO!
CUZ STONE COLD SED SO!
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Isaac
Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:
"Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:

No. That is how you are taking it. Like I said, I know he excists. I want you to see what I see, but to do that I have to bluntly show you. You believing in the opposite doesn't help my cause either."
You just assumed I believe the opposite. I never said I believe the opposite.

But hey, at least you're admitting that it's a belief now.

Or are you going to backpeddle on that, too?

Sorry, I just have to be blunt with someone like you."

Do you believe in God? If no then you believe the opposite. And did I say it was a belief? I don't recall. I said you believe in the opposite. And if you want to be blunt that is fine.
Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Isaac
Patchinko said:
"Isaac said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"DualReaver said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"DualReaver said:
"Isaac said:
"Karmum said:
"Isaac said:
"Dakota said:

Show me."

for DualReaver
for DualReaver
"

Steve Austin, PhD geology, and member of the RATE team, had a rock from the newly formed 1986 lava dome from Mount St. Helens dated. Using Potassium-Argon dating, the newly formed rocks gave ages between 0.5 and 2.8 million years. These dates show that significant argon (daughter element) was present when the rock solidified (assumption 1 is false)."

CUZ STONE COLD SED SO!
CUZ STONE COLD SED SO!
"

It is funny the truth is right before your eyes and you won't even be serious about it. I guess you already made up your mind. Goodnight.