Would you go out with someone you weren't attracted to? At all?

• 73 results
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bruce

Everyone knows the self-righteous cliche: "I don't care about looks; it's personality that counts. And if I like them as a person, that's all that matters." 

Yeah, okay, that's all well and good, but what if the person did NOTHING for you physically. Not even talking about sexual stuff here, just the way they look -- you don't really find it appealing. Do you think you could overlook that? Why or why not?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

No.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Feser

Not completely. But I might see myself going out on one or two dates with someone I am mildy attracted too, but if I am doing long term I want something pretty to fuck.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Nope, I wouldn't. I need to be attracted to the girl. I think that's important. However, attraction is an adjustable thing. You might not find someone attractive initially, but that doesn't mean you'll always feel that way.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brunchies

I wouldn't, there has to be some attraction there or else it falls apart. 

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bruce
@TheGreatGuero:  

That's the exact reason I can't stand people uttering that cliche; it's bullshit. 

I think everyone, even the most humble, wants someone at least who is CUTE.
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By JokerSmilez

No. If there's no physical attraction, then why be more than just friends?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust

I could, but generally i wouldn't, since if it continue we'd (me and the lady) have to come in terms with the fact that i don't fancy the way she looks. Almost no one would be willing to give it a try knowing it, as it is normally a serious blow to their self-confidence. Besides it gives birth to so much pain... 

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Hot_Karl

You mean dating? As shallow as I am, I might, just to get an ego boost. A not-very-attractive girl is better than no girls sometimes.  But if I have no attraction to them whatsoever, then the "relationship" will be short lived.
 As a friend, whatever. Looks don't really count when it comes to friendship, so it wouldn't matter to me. I've hung out with not-so-cute girls before, but in a friendly way. 

EDIT: Oh misread the question. I wouldn't date someone that I wasn't attracted to. I'd probably try to get with them if they were hot enough (and if I actually had any game), but other than that, I wouldn't pursue anything.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Trilogy

No. Attraction is just as important as personality in my book. 

Would you go out with somebody who was drop dead gorgeous but had the worst personality ever? I mean a total bitch/asshole. Maybe you would have a one night stand with him/her but how could you live with somebody you hate?

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By RichardLOlson

Looks aren't everything...but it does help...my big attraction would have to be her maturity level.  I am currently somewhere living with someone who has the maturity level of a 13 yr old Mime....I have considered her to be the BANE of my existence and not very sharp either.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Feser
@Bruce:
I did know one guy who seriously thought every girl was cute in her own way.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13  Edited By damnboyadvance

Depends. I'm attracted to girls based on their looks, but I'm turned away based on their personality. If they are just really bitchy, then I won't go out with them. So no, I wouldn't.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bruce
@Feser:  

I have that problem. 

@damnboyadvance:  

The question is basically saying (sorry if I was too vague): Awesome personality, but looks just do NOTHING for you. Yes or no?
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By subject2change

No I wouldn't. There has to be some physical attraction honestly from both parties otherwise the relationship will ultimately fail. From what i've experienced girls generally do have a lower standard on looks, while males are often looking for perfection initially. If you are referring to hookups, fuck buddies or otherwise a non committed relationship that would be potentially another story for some people and on a gaming forum; I really don't foresee that being the case.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Whisperkill

Probably not.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dylabaloo

Emm no it has to be a combination of the both, but sometimes i've liked girls how others thought were ugly not initially but there personality grew on me then I got that spark. You asking this question because this is happening to you?  If so don't go out with her/whatever if you don't find her attractive just keep her as a friend.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bruce
@Dylabaloo:  

Well, I'm just trying to get a grand opinion on the "Looks don't matter" thing. 

The girls I end up with are usually fairly attractive.
Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By DragoonKain1687
@Bruce said:
" Everyone knows the self-righteous cliche: "I don't care about looks; it's personality that counts. And if I like them as a person, that's all that matters."  Yeah, okay, that's all well and good, but what if the person did NOTHING for you physically. Not even talking about sexual stuff here, just the way they look -- you don't really find it appealing. Do you think you could overlook that? Why or why not? "
Actually, the girl Im dating as of now, is not pretty at all. From 1 to 10, she would be a mid 6. Still, she is a great person, and I would not change her at all. 
Good looks probably help with strangers, and for the first days, but in reality, its the inside what counts!
brianmcdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By brianmcdon

For me theres a balance between looks and personality, but they gotta do something for you, if not friends is the way to go.
destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By destruktive

if the girl had a neo geo... fuck yeah!

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22  Edited By damnboyadvance
@Bruce: Probably not.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By Cube

Fuck no, anyone who says they would are lying. 

brianmcdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brianmcdon
@destruktive:
Of course the Neo Geo rule applys in all relationships as stated in the "Giantbomb Love Act of '87".
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HitmanAgent47

No, no matter how desperate I am, I still have limits.

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Somadude

No, psysical attraction is a must.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#27  Edited By EpicSteve

THere has to be some physical attraction.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Warfare

Ya why not kill some time.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks matter, they do, so no

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By spazmaster666
@DragoonKain1687 said:
Actually, the girl Im dating as of now, is not pretty at all. From 1 to 10, she would be a mid 6. Still, she is a great person, and I would not change her at all.  Good looks probably help with strangers, and for the first days, but in reality, its the inside what counts! "
Even if she isn't "pretty", you must have been attracted to her in some way. Otherwise, what made you want to go out with her? I mean obviously personality is important, but when we first see someone, it's not their personality that we see, it's their physical appearance. Personality comes later when we get to know them, but first impressions are always about outward appearances.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31  Edited By natetodamax

And unfortunately, almost all attractive girls are bitches.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Th3_James

Enough with this "shallow" bullshit. There needs to be a physical attraction at some level for a relationship to work, and last for any extended period of time.   

Personality is important, but you can't talk to someone that repulses you. It's human nature to be attracted to the other sex, no sense in trying to think otherwise. 

For me in rank of importance: Personality>Face>Ass>Legs>All the other parts of the female anatomy I left out. 

RobJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RobJ

Yes I would. I've met people who were beautiful on the outside and had some of the most disgusting insides you could ever see. Looks at my age totally mean nothing to me. I wish it's a revelation I would have come to much younger in life.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By SumDeus

I like boobs..what can I say...

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By crusnchill
@VinceNotVance said:

" You mean dating? As shallow as I am, I might, just to get an ego boost. A not-very-attractive girl is better than no girls sometimes.  But if I have no attraction to them whatsoever, then the "relationship" will be short lived. As a friend, whatever. Looks don't really count when it comes to friendship, so it wouldn't matter to me. I've hung out with not-so-cute girls before, but in a friendly way.  EDIT: Oh misread the question. I wouldn't date someone that I wasn't attracted to. I'd probably try to get with them if they were hot enough (and if I actually had any game), but other than that, I wouldn't pursue anything. "

If she was really into me and I wasn't into her, I would make it clear that I'm not into her in that way. 
But if she continues to pursue me following this talk, then we're on the same page because she knows how I feel, so it dosn't stop us from being fuck-buddies for fun, and I'm not being arrogant by saying that by doing this I hopefully satisfy her crush on me so I don't have to worry about her becoming weird.
Just as long as she knew that it'd all stop immediately if I find somebody I really liked.

@DragoonKain1687 said:

"Actually, the girl Im dating as of now, is not pretty at all. From 1 to 10, she would be a mid 6. Still, she is a great person, and I would not change her at all.  Good looks probably help with strangers, and for the first days, but in reality, its the inside what counts! "

Would you tell her you don't think she's pretty?

Man I'd love to be there and film the ass kicking you got for saying such a thing, and stick it on Youtube. Ha ha.
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By habster3

I am not being shallow here, as I believe personality is very important, but I would have to be somewhat attracted to them physically.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGodPoet

No, I wouldn't. I think with my dick like most guys. Big John wants a pretty girl to fuck in the long run. Course that doesn't mean we can't be friends.

captainawesomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By captainawesomo

Theres no point. Everything needs a balance. You don't have to be into the whole package but you have to fancy at least 80-90% of it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I wouldn't give a crap.  Personality would be all that counted, if I was interested in girls at all...

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By artofwar420

Possibly, but I doubt it could lead to anything beyond dating and such.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By eroticfishcake

I do think personality is the most important thing to me but the looks certainly help a lot. In other words, no.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fwylo

I say no, there has to be some sort of physical attraction for me.

Avatar image for buttonsmcboomboom
ButtonsMcBoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like ugly people, they make me sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've done it before.
Its called being a wingman.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ChickenPants

A girl who isn't attractive initially might become attractive eventually because of the chemistry between the two of you .etc

My last two girlfriends were both simply above average looking by conventional standards, I didn't bat an eyelid initially but after getting to know them and feeling that spark of chemistry I eventually thought they were both the most beautiful girls in the world during our relationships.

So yeah, looks don't matter much at all. Initially when you first see a girl of course we're talking 100% of your attraction based on looks but when you get close enough to be in a relationship I'd say it's more of a 90% Personality/Chemistry : 10% Physical Appearance split.

Maybe that's just me though.Guys can be pretty superficial, know a lot of guys who just want something pretty to fuck and don't care about personality.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SSValis

Wow I did not know there was so many shallow nerds on GB.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Akeldama
@natetodamax said:
" No. "
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ravenousrattler

if there is 0% attraction, then theres really no point in going out with that person because its not going to work out, and its just plain mean to lead them on. It would be better to be just friends.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kishan6

im sorry but no

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#50  Edited By Tireyo

I could, but it depends on what the person is like.