Would/should be Anime games?

Avatar image for panburgerpartner
PanburgerPartner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Just feeling a bit wistful about AAA stuff like TDBZ Kakorat, or, Persona, or Attack on Titan, or even Tokyo Mirage Sessions, etc., etc. I know I have my own anime properties I’d like to see videogameized, life Tenchi, or Lain or Evangelion. What are yours?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

A better Berserk game than the last one. And has there been a big Full Metal Alchemist game at any point?

Madoka Magica would have some cool boss encounters, Gurren Lagann would have some nuts big battles, and I could go for a tactical Ghost in the Shell RPG.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cells at Work, having been watching the series lately, could lend itself well to a game. Sending in the appropriate cell(s) to deal with infections and diseases, getting red cells to their destinations to make their deliveries, generally ensuring appropriate care for the body that they inhabit.

Would this necessarily be AAA? Ehhhh... guess that depends on the game that comes of it. I only see potential for the game.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A Shirobako anime management sim would be fun.

So, there is a Lain game. The English translation patch is stalled out a few years back, but the script is mostly done. You can read along with an emulator if you can find it.

Lot of Eva translations out there too, but I guess most of those games were for PSP or Vita.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Mezmero

According to the wiki there have been a few Tenchi games. I've played and completed the tactical RPG for SNES via emulator many years ago and remember thinking it was alright.

A game for Space Dandy could be fine...and dandy. Perhaps one could reskin NieR: Automata as Casshern: Sins since the two are somewhat alike. Someone out there must be designing a survival game for Dr. Stone right?

Considering all the JUMP properties that have been doing the paint-by-numbers free roaming fighting game style I can't help but feel that devs that get their hands on anime licenses are doomed to pursue that cynical approach to design given that anime fans will buy games of their fave animes. Heck it's worked on me since I bought that JoJo Eyes of Heaven game which was bad. It's kind of crazy to think the most successful ones have been Omega-Force style games for things like AoT and One Piece but even that style has gone on to ruin tie-ins for Berserk and Fist of the North Star.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Ark Sys X Yu Yu Hakusho

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 FinalDasa  Moderator

A better breed of Gundam game would be delightful. The same goes for My Hero Academia despite that recent fighting game being kind of fun.

And Zoids. Give me Zoids. More and more Zoids.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Anime that can work as a Devil May Cry game:
Ikkitousen, Tenjou Tenge, Highschool of The Dead, Freezing, and Berserk.

Anime that can work as a Hitman game:
Kite.

Anime that can work as a Deus Ex game:
Ghost in the Shell.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

A Ghost in the Shell game in the style of Deus Ex would be something that really gets my attention

Games related to anime properties seem to be made for the garbage bin, though. The only two that I remember getting significant good attention are Fighter Z and Astro Boy Omega Factor

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need to revive thread just to say that I desperately need a Gintama game done in the style of Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Honestly you wouldn't need to change much.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By infantpipoc

@mezmero: ...Guess Gintoki would be bitching about the turn-base combat for the first few hours, or it can be Shinbachi doing that while Gintoki going "kids these days". Both can be off putting to fans like me.

Maybe something like a Yakuza action game. They made one with Fist of North licnece, Gintama has a tune more fitting with Yakuza than that self serious wasteland kung ku drama.