Wrestling fans on Giant Bomb?

samsam1704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samsam1704

Wondered if we had any fellow wrestling fans on here? 

If so, check my thoughts on wrestling here.   

What did you gusy think of TLC?
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I've always been in the camp of "yo that shit's retarded"... My hillbilly cousins are into it, though.

cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By cgoodno

Gotta say, never understood it.  

Question, if a guy was just hit very hard, is laying on the ground in pain, why does he get up when his opponent grabs his head or arm so that his opponent can then punish him some more?  I know it's fake, but why do they make it look so fake that it's like watching an 80s movie where all the bad guys are technically shooting at each other but only hitting the good guys?

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By RankRabbit

Used to be, but that crap sucks now.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By donchipotle

I'm a wrestling fan. 

As for TLC, I think it says something where a Diva's match is a better match than your main event, which was a shitty way to 'end' an even shittier angle. The Morrison/Sheamus match was great as well. I thought it was an overall decent PPV. Better than the last few. 

But the Miz/Morrison match last night on Raw was pretty stellar.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidman

Was a wrestling fan for a numerous years but recently stopped as that shit is not so good. Yeah i miss the attitude era, don't like the PG wrestling. (yes i know about the indy scene, but really don't care for it).

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Chris2KLee

I still watch from time to time, but mostly Japanese matches. Just came back from Wrestle Kingdom 5 at the Tokyo Dome, great show. Sadly the TNA wrestlers that showed up were kinda underwhelming. But I finally got to see Kenny Omega live, and the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight match was amazing.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO
@cgoodno said:
" Gotta say, never understood it.    Question, if a guy was just hit very hard, is laying on the ground in pain, why does he get up when his opponent grabs his head or arm so that his opponent can then punish him some more?  I know it's fake, but why do they make it look so fake that it's like watching an 80s movie where all the bad guys are technically shooting at each other but only hitting the good guys? "
Because most wrestling fans are probably also 80's action movie fans.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Huge wrestling fan here, but if you wanna do yourself a favor, get ahold of Ring Of Honor's Final Battle 2010 from two weeks ago. 
That's the company that moulded Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and Kaval if you're not familiar with them. 
It has some absolutely stellar matches. 

But yeah, Morrison and Miz had a great showing last night and hopefully it's a sign of things to come.  

And yes, hurr durr, it's predetermined, hurr durr MMA is real, hurr durr I've heard it all before