Your Best To Worst Star Wars Movies List To Date (2017)

• 140 results
psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#1  Edited By psykhophear

Here's mine:

1. Return of The Jedi (1983)

2. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

3. A New Hope (1977)

4. The Force Awakens (2015)

5. The Phantom Menace (1999)

6. Rogue One (2016)

7. The Last Jedi (2017)

8. Revenge of The Sith (2005)

9. Attack of The Clones (2002)

APDLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By APDLS

Return of the Jedi on top and The Phantom Menace that high is a pretty hot take.

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. The Last Jedi

3. A New Hope

4. The Force Awakens

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. Return of the Jedi

7. Attack of the Clones

8. The Phantom Menace

Not listing Rogue One because it isn't mainline and is far too different to compare. It's more of a film in the Star Wars universe than a Star Wars film. I would rank it fairly highly though.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By jeremyf

5, 4, 3, 1, R1, 6, 2, 7

don't @ me

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By elmorales94

I haven't seen the last two (and don't intend on ever doing so), but here's my list:

2. Return of the Jedi
  3. A New Hope
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. The Phantom Menace
  7. Attack of the Clones
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#5 liquiddragon  Online
  2. A New Hope
  3. The Force Awakens
  4. The Last Jedi
  5. Revenge of the Sith
  6. Return of the Jedi
  7. The Phantom Menace
  8. Rogue One
  9. Attack of the Clones
Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bobstar

@apdls said:

Return of the Jedi on top and The Phantom Menace that high is a pretty hot take.

2. The Last Jedi

3. A New Hope

4. The Force Awakens

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. Return of the Jedi

7. Attack of the Clones

8. The Phantom Menace

Not listing Rogue One because it isn't mainline and is far too different to compare. It's more of a film in the Star Wars universe than a Star Wars film. I would rank it fairly highly though.

Having The Last Jedi as the second best Star Wars movie ever is an even hotter take though.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

@bobstar said:
@apdls said:

2. The Last Jedi

3. A New Hope

4. The Force Awakens

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. Return of the Jedi

7. Attack of the Clones

8. The Phantom Menace

Having The Last Jedi as the second best Star Wars movie ever is an even hotter take though.

Agreed. To me, The Last Jedi is neither the best nor the worst. I enjoyed it but not wholeheartedly.

Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Empire Strikes Back, Last Jedi, Return of the Jedi, Force Awakens, A New Hope.

The prequels are in a three-way tie for last.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheRealTurk

1. The Empire Strike Back

2. A New Hope

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. The Force Awakens

6. Attack of the Clones

7. Rogue One

8. The Phantom Menace

Pretty hard to beat the original trilogy, really. The Last Jedi isn't on this list because I haven't seen it. I might not get around to it. I really haven't liked the newer movies that much. The Force Awakens was merely OK. It was mildly entertaining, but I walked out of the theater feeling like I'd just watched "Focus Group: The Movie."

I hated Rogue One and only barely managed to get to the end. I can just see the writers pitching the idea for that movie - "Guys, I've got it! What if - what if - the Rebellion was actually run by a bunch of vicious halfwits? Genius, right?" The only reason it isn't at the bottom of the list is because K-2SO > Jar Jar Binks.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANYTHING being ranked lower than Attack of the Clones is just a travesty. Even the name of the movie is a hot garbage fire

sanderjk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Empire

2. New Hope

3. TLJ

These 3 are the great ones for me. New Hope changed the movie business forever, and it is really really good at capturing wonder and hinting at a large galaxy. Empire is the best sequel of all time. It plays with expectations and stakes, noone ends that movie where you expect them to at the start.

I have immediately fallen for TLJ for much the same reasons: It plays with expectations and stakes in the modern blockbuster era. Where TFA is a remix of Star Wars, TLJ is a deconstruction. TLJ has some demerits where it is a bit too goofy (BB8 in the AT-ST) and too on the nose (The Capitalism Is Bad planet) , but on the overall I enjoyed it greatly.

--

4. TFA

5. RoJ

The two good movies with significant flaws. RoJ is the point where Lucas starts believing his own hype way too much, and thinking he's making movies For The Kids. The results is 40 minutes of ewok shenanigans. Watch this movie with someone who has never seen Star Wars, and they'll bounce of it incredibly hard (I've seen this happen twice, and it's both funny and sad). It's a real shame, because the Luke/Vader/Emperor storyline is really strong.

TFA is a good reboot, remixing old elements and introducing a strong new cast. However it gets too referential at the end (Star Killer base is Death Star pt3), it suffers a bit too much from the JJ Abrams rollercoaster (where if you start to even think a tiny bit about what's going on large chunks fall apart). I'd rate it close to RoJ but they're hard to compare.

--

6. Rogue One

The one middling movie. I never felt engaged with 90% of its cast. They felt very one dimensional. I greatly disliked Forest Whitaker. I knew everyone was going to die on the ground battle and was sort of sitting there waiting for it to happen. I liked Jyn and the events inside the tower, the view of life inside the empire, and the space battle at the end. Nothing was truely terrible, but a lot of it was unexciting.

--

7. Attack of the Clones

8. Phantom Menace

9. Revenge of the Sith

It's hard to rank these, because they are all bad in the same way, and bad in different ways. All their plots rely solely on the good guys being bumbling fools who know nothing, investigate nothing, do nothing but react too late. All suffer greatly from Green Screen acting, being Made For The Kids, and badly aged CGI. All of them seem to be one of the richest man in the world complaining about how Politics Are Bad and be designed in large parts around merchandising.

Attack of the Clones is ridiculous in its plot and has the terrible (conceived a year after principal filming had ended) factory scene, the big arena scene which doesn't make sense, and an infamously bad onscreen romance. Anakin is a mopey teenager. Count Dooku is a charismatic villian even if he only appears right at the end. But it also has Obi Wan actually investigating a little bit (even if the jedi forget anything he says instantly), all 3 leads have some agency, and at the time the yoda fight was well received. Palpatine is at his best here, a believable manipulator.

Phantom Menace has a racially charged bumbling fool at the center of the movie (Jar Jar is probably in more scenes than anyone else? He's certainly at every major event). The fool learns nothing and everyone hates him, but he bumbles an enemy army into submission so he gets made a general (later he votes to destroy the republic because they made him a senator too). The jedi are absolute assholes not returning for Anakins mother but instead go party on Naboo. It spends a lot of time having Jedi say Anakin is afraid, but never actually shown.

Revenge of the Sith is partially adjusting for all the criticisms of the first two (less goofy shit), but I feel it falls apart, badly. Padme has only 2 scenes outside her own room I believe, and only talks to Anakin except when Obi Wan shows up at the end. The fall of Anakin is sudden and nonsensical, and he immediately forgets why he does it. He is willing to kill children to save his wife, and then immediately hurts her so bad she dies shortly after (of a Broken Heart, thanks for the subtlety George). The final fight is nonsensical swinging lightsabers somewhat in close proximity until the infamous "I have the high ground" , followed by the Nooooo that lives on as a meme forever. The Yoda - Emperor fight is robbed of all tension because you know it exists solely to end in them getting split up somehow, and it indeed adds nothing and changes nothing. The Jedi get cut down like bitches (The one heroic death is George having his own son faninsert himself), and once again react really dumb to Anakin telling him Palpatine is a Sith Lord by ... not calling in yoda?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

2. A New Hope
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. Rogue One
  5. The Last Jedi
  6. The Force Awakens
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. Attack of the Clones
  9. The Phantom Menace

Empire and A New Hope occasionally switch places.

The Last Jedi and Force Awakens might switch places. I'll need to rewatch those and Rouge One again as I've only seen them once.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

1. Empire
2. Return
3. New Hope
4. Force Awakens/Rogue One
5. Last Jedi

Never cared about the prequels.

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

1.) A New Hope

2.) Empire Strikes Back

3.) Rogue One

4.) Return of the Jedi

5.) The Force Awakens

6.) Revenge of the Sith

7.) The Last Jedi

8.) The Clone Wars

9.) The Phantom Menace

RockHardly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

2. Return of The Jedi (1983)

3. A New Hope (1977)

4. The Last Jedi (2017)

5. The Force Awakens (2015)

6. Rogue One (2016)

7. Revenge of The Sith (2005)

8. The Phantom Menace (1999)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Why are people so pissed at Last Jedi? I don't really care for the answer because it is probably a stupid answer steeped in not respecting the lore or more not understanding the Mary Sue trope.

1. All the Star Wars movies except for the prequels.

2. The prequels

Ranking shit is getting old. I found the original trilogy beyond approach because I saw them as a child and I can never judge them fairly because they are steeped to heavily in nostalgia.

The new trilogy and side film while not the best movies were entertaining and time will tell if they are classics or just fun blockbusters that will be forgotten in time like so much of our current big blockbusters. I loved Last Jedi and to me that is the film to beat for future Star Wars movies. It also taught me that the hardcore Star Wars fans have no idea what the hell they want out of Star Wars so its best to just ignore them.

I had no fun and actively hated the prequels and to determine which one is the worst is a fools errand because they all suck in different ways. They just aren't good movies. The actors are forced to act in front of a green screen and aren't given any real direction because frankly George Lucas is not good at dialogue or directing. Not to shit on the prequels because everyone has I will say some positives. I appreciate that George Lucas got to fully explore his vision as to what Star Wars was in his mind completely unfettered save for the constraint of the movies being prequels. Those movies made it clear that George is a big idea guy who is extremely creative but needs a competent team behind the scenes willing to tell him no on some of his more eccentric ideas.

APDLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobstar: Oh it's too early to say as to the hotness of that take. And in time I might change my opinion. But after my first viewing, I really loved that movie. It played with expectations and brought the series in new directions in the way you wanted The Force Awakens (which I really like, but it's undenialy safe) to.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also don't quite understand people's outright disdain for Last Jedi. Sure, I get people's hang up with some of the subplots. But people saying it's the worst Star Wars movie are either lying to themselves or have never seen the prequels. It's lunacy.

2. A New Hope
  3. The Last Jedi
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. Rogue One
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones
cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoo boy, i don't like Star Wars, but have forced myself to watch all the main movies so i can be a part of the conversation, and to take part in topics like this! So here goes.
... Gonna need to check which names belong to which movies... Also i haven't seen the new one, i'll get it cheap on DVD at some point.

1. The Phantom Menace
2. Rogue One
It gets difficult from here.
3. A New Hope
4. The Empire Strikes Back
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Force Awakens
7. Attack of the Clones
8. Revenge of the Sith

Basically if you hire a trained martial artist your fight scenes improve, and i'm way more interested.

No Caption Provided
avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By avantegardener

If I must...

1. Rogue One
  2. The Empire Strikes Back(interchangeable depending on my mood)
  3. Return of the Jedi(interchangeable depending on my mood)
  4. A New Hope (interchangeable depending on my mood)
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. Revenge of the Sith
  7. Attack of the Clones
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. The Last Jedi

To be positive, they all have good parts, the most important element is that they tell a tight compelling story.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Empire strikes back

Return of the jedi

A new hope

The Force awakens

Rouge one if it counts

The phantom menace

haven't seen the last Jedi yet(Got spoiled in that extra life stream so may skip it for a while)

Other 2 not worth listing IMO

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

There are three tiers of Star Wars movies for me:

Movies I like:

1. A New Hope: It's simple, but it's also the most pure Star Wars has been.
  2. The Last Jedi: Don't @ me.

Movies that are fine:

1. The Force Awakens: It's a bummer it relied so much on the past, but I like Rey and Finn a lot.
  2. The Empire Strikes Back: I never understood why people liked this movie so much. It's alright.
  3. Rogue One: I wish it leaned harder on the war stuff, but it's fine.
  4. Return of the Jedi: Like Empire, even as a kid, I never really cared for this movie and it felt too all over the place. The throne room part is cool.

Movies that aren't great:

1. Revenge of the Sith: These movies...
  2. Attack of the Clones: Are not...
  3. The Phantom Menace: That good.
owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Watching people talk about and dissect Star Wars on the internet.

2. Empire Strikes Back.

3. A New Hope.

4. Return of the Jedi.

20. The rest of them. Because the only reason anyone talks about them is that they have Star Wars in the title.

djn3811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen The Last Jedi yet, so here's my super hot take that no one is going to agree with:

1: Revenge of the Sith

2: A New Hope

3/4: Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi - no particular order

5: Rogue One

6: Force Awakens

7: Phantom Menace

8: Attack of the Clones

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1. ESB
  2. ANH
  3. TLJ
  4. ROTJ
  5. TFA
  6. I guess I have to list the prequels, so they're down here. Wearing a dunce cap. Ignored, alone and forgotten.
TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Pre- Last Jedi

1. Empire
  2. New Hope
  3. RotJ
  4. Rogue One
  5. Force Awakens
  6. Sith
  7. Phantom
  8. Clones

Tempted to put Sith above Force Awakens until I realize I would never want to watch it again.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may change after seeing The Last Jedi a few more times, but:

1. The Last Jedi (yeah)

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. A New Hope

4. The Force Awakens

5. The Phantom Menace

6. Return of the Jedi

7. Revenge of the Sith

8. Rogue One

9. Attack of the Clones

Over time, I think the consensus is going to build for The Last Jedi being the third great Star Wars movie. The first two movies are such sacred cows, and The Last Jedi is so divisive at the moment (for silly reasons, in my opinion) that this ranking seems crazy now. But in 30 years, I predict my ranking is going to look a lot less crazy. Also there will be about 15 additional movies on the list, but whatever.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anytime Attack of the Clones is not at the bottom of someone's list, I feel my eyes rolling into the back of my head.

1. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

2. Return of The Jedi (1983)

3. A New Hope (1977)

4. The Last Jedi (2017)

5. The Force Awakens (2015)

6. Rogue One (2016)

This would also be my list.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit, I realized I FORGOT THE EWOK MOVIES!I apologize for such a grievous oversight.

2. A New Hope

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. Ewok Movie I

6. Ewok Movie II

7. The Force Awakens

8. Attack of the Clones

9. Rogue One

10. The Phantom Menace

Pretty hard to beat the original trilogy, really. The Last Jedi isn't on this list because I haven't seen it. I might not get around to it. I really haven't liked the newer movies that much. The Force Awakens was merely OK. It was mildly entertaining, but I walked out of the theater feeling like I'd just watched "Focus Group: The Movie."

I hated Rogue One and only barely managed to get to the end. I can just see the writers pitching the idea for that movie - "Guys, I've got it! What if - what if - the Rebellion was actually run by a bunch of vicious halfwits? Genius, right?" The only reason it isn't at the bottom of the list is because K-2SO > Jar Jar Binks.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BrainScratch

[good movie tier]

1. A New Hope

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Return of the Jedi

[bad movie tier]

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. Rogue One

6. The Force Awakens

7. Attack Of The Clones

8. The Phantom Menace

Haven't seen The Last Jedi yet.

strikerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Empire Strikes Back

2) A New Hope

3) Revenge of the Sith

4) Force Awakens

5) Return of the Jedi

6) Rogue One

7) Phantom Menace

8) Attack of the Clones

Haven't seen Last Jedi yet.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I derive joy from them in this order:

1 Return of the Jedi (everything i want out of a scifi adventure)

2 Empire Strikes Back (best movie)

3 Revenge of the Sith (catharsis mixed with embarrassment)

4 Attack of the Clones (cringey laughs, head shaking and facepalms)

5 New Hope (classic campy good time)

6 Force Awakens (entertaining enough as i watch it but formulaic and forgettable)

7 Phantom Menace (painful)

Haven't seen the last couple yet

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tatsuyarr

1. Return of The Jedi (1983)

3. The Last Jedi (2017)

6. Rogue One (2016)

6. A New Hope (1977)

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Whitestripes09

Personal Favorite

1. The Empire Strikes Back: An actual good movie that hits every point spectacularly. Excellent writing and directing

2. A New Hope: As wholesome and humble as Star Wars is ever going to get. Just plain ol' fun.

3. Return of the Jedi: I won't lie, nostalgia is the only thing keeping this one up here. Although I think the ending confrontation is a really great scene and character moment.

Guilty Pleasures

4. Rogue One: Guess I'm one of the few that liked this movie. Characters weren't great, but I liked how they tried exploring the nitty gritty of Star Wars. If this was a game, everyone would love it.

5. Revenge of the Sith: I know this is a bad movie... but it has some of my favorite scenes I think from the prequels. Alot of it doesn't make sense. Ewan McGregor seems to be the only one having fun and not taking it so seriously.

Hating this one has become a meme and isn't the worst

6. Clone Wars: I'd take bad shakespeare and diners over Jar Jar, bad child actors, and trying to rationalize the force. Ewan McGregor seems to be the only one having fun and not taking it so seriously... (He's really the only saving grace of this and ROTS for me)

Bad and/or skippable

7. The Last Jedi: Being different =/= good or excuse bad pacing. A movie with interesting concepts, but terrible executions that nearly all fall flat. Watch all of the themes discussed in this one go out the window in IX.

8. The Force Awakens: A fan film made by someone who has only a slight idea about why people like Star Wars. Comparable to a mixtape you made when you were 12 years old and thought if you had all the best songs together, it would be make a good album.

9. Phantom Menace: Easier to just watch the Pod race and final fight with Darth Maul on Youtube than go through the pain of watching the whole movie. Obi-Wan under utilized until the end.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Omega

My Top 10 Star Wars movies!!!

1. Empire Strikes Back (It's good, it's a good movie.)

2. A New Hope (Good pacing, solid plot, Sir Alec Guinness' full contempt. What more could you want?)

3. The ForceAwakens (I like the new characters and I like A New Hope so put them together and what do you get?)

4. The Last Jedi (maybe, I dunno, still not sure how I feel about it.)

5. Return of the Jedi (Tatooine stuff is mostly pointless, Ewoks are annoying. That part when the two ewoks blow up and the one gets up and realises the other is dead is still heartbreaking though. ...What? I'm not a monster.)

6. Blazing Saddles (I was going to include Space balls but decided to switch it for a better Mel Brooks movie. I've altered the rules, pray I don't alter them further.)

7. Revenge of the Sith (because ...even the younglings.)

8. Rogue One (hope hope hope, all we need is hopeitty hope hope hope... nope.)

9. Phantom Menace (Yippee.)

10. Attack of the Clones (Proving if you want that girl you like to fall madly in love with you just whine incessantly about how Obi-Wan is holding you back, then to seal the deal confess to her how you murdered an entire village, down to the last woman and child. It's also important to remember if she tells you to stop looking at her like that, don't stop looking at her like that.)

I hate that movie so much.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Phantom Menace

2. Empire Strikes Back

3. The Force Awakens

5. The Last Jedi

6. Attack of the Clones

7. Revenge of the Sith

8. A New Hope

9. Return of the Jedi

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Great

1 A New Hope

2 Empire Strikes Back

3 Return of the Jedi

4 Rogue One

Have Issues

5 The Force Awakens

6 Phantom Menace

7 The Last Jedi

Embarrassing Garbage

8 Attack of the Clones

9 Revenge of the Sith

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By wrighteous86

2. A New Hope
  3. The Last Jedi
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. Rogue One
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones

This is exactly my ranking, as well.

PaleMamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. Revenge of the Sith

3. A New Hope

4. Rogue One

5. Phantom Menace

6. The Last Jedi

7. Return of the Jedi

8. The Force Awakens

9. Attack of the Clones

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By maxszy

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. Last Jedi

3. Rogue One

4. A New Hope

5. Force Awakens

6. Revenge of the Sith

7. Return of the Jedi

8. Attack of the Clones

9. Phantom Menace

I'm really not understanding the hate for Last Jedi and Rogue One. But then again, I don't nitpick much nor care too. I found them both very enjoyable. Can't wait to see Last Jedi again. (Maybe that'll change my perception?)

disco_drew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. A New Hope

2. Empire Strikes Back

3. The Force Awakens

4. The Last Jedi

5. Return of the Jedi

6. Revenge of the Sith

7. Rogue One

8. Phantom Menace

9. Attack of the Clones

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

1. A New Hope

2. Empire Strikes Back

3. The Force Awakens

4. The Last Jedi

5. Return of the Jedi

6. Rogue One

7. Revenge of the Sith

8/9 - Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Hayt

1. A New Hope

2. Empire

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Rogue one

5. The Last Jedi

6. The Force Awakens

7. Revenge of the Sith

8. Phantom Menance

9. Attack of the Clones

I really like all of them (bar the prequels which are basically in order of "most good scenes") though. Its nice to see Last Jedi doing well on these lists considering its user scores being blasted all across the internet.

kuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I watched originals and prequels was like 15 years ago, so it's probably not the exact order.

1. Empire Strikes Back/A New Hope
  2. Space Balls
  3. Return of the Jedi/The Force Awakens
  4. The Last Jedi
  5. Rogue One
  6. Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the Sith
viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. Return of the Jedi

3. A New Hope

4. The Force Awakens

5. Rogue One

6. Revenge of the Sith

7. The Last Jedi

8. Attack of the Clones

9. The Phantom Menace

Nothing is worse than Jar-Jar, young Anakin, or whatever that flying child slaver is

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. The obvious best one
  2. The one people who are wrong think is the best one
  3. That really divisive one
  4. That other really divisive one
  5. That one that was good, but not great
  6. That one people like and I don't understand why
  7. That one everyone hates and I do understand why
  8. That one that's kinda a mix of the last two,
  9. Attack of the Clones
Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A New Hope

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

The Force Awakens

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

I'm honestly almost tempted to put the Force awakens at the bottom. It was a fun flick, but feels so incredibly non-essential especially in the second half as it becomes more and more seemingly about reimagining a tired trope and leans on fan service more and more. I think leaning so heavily on Solo and Leia and other returning characters instead of focusing on the new characters and a fresh struggle/adventure really held that movie back.

The prequel trilogy could be edited down to avoid so much emphasis on Jar Jar and a few other annoyances and be fun to watch in the lead up to a marathon of the original trilogy. The prequels also are so tied into the origins of the state of the world in A New Hope that they feel more essential. I appreciated that although there are very strong ties between the first two sequels, they do a very good job of telling very different stories. Even the few characters that return in major ways have aged and/or changed so greatly that they offer new and interesting stories. The new trilogy seems content to just have Solo bein' Solo, Leia being a bit different but still pretty much late trilogy Leia, etc etc. And I never really felt like they used the original trilogy to set up a particular state of the world, its just kinda Star Wars. The Empire is "Gone" but not really and it isn't really sold very well. Would be much more interesting if the First Order were portrayed more like actual remnants of the Empire and were a bit scrappier.

At the very least I can't think of much that was in Force Awakens that was better than the podracing. Probably the first 15 minutes and thats about it.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. A New Hope (1977)

3. Return of The Jedi (1983)

5. The Last Jedi (2017)

6. Rogue One (2016)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

There is a shocking lack of the Star Wars Holiday Special on these lists. Should be everyones number one.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#50  Edited By Colonel_Pockets
  1. A New Hope
  2. Empire Strikes Back
  3. The Last Jedi
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. Revenge of the Sith
  7. Rogue One
  8. Attack of the Clones
  9. Phantom Menace

This is probably an odd list for some....