Your Best To Worst Star Wars Movies List To Date (2017)

• 140 results
nuttyjawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By nuttyjawa
  1. Return of the Jedi
  2. A New Hope
  3. Rogue One
  4. Empire Strikes Back
  5. Revenge of the Sith
  6. Attack of the Clones
  7. The Phantom Menace
  8. The Force Awakens
  9. The Last Jedi
SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. A New Hope
  2. The Empire Strikes Back
  3. The Force Awakens
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. The Last Jedi
  6. Return of the Jedi
  7. Rogue One
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of The Clones
  10. The Star Wars Holiday Special
  11. Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
  12. Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Empire Strikes Back (basically a perfect movie in my opinion)

2. Rogue One

3. A New Hope

4. The Last Jedi

5. The Force Awakens

6. Return of the Jedi

7. The Phantom Menace

8. Revenge of the Sith

9. Attack of the Clones

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

1. The Empire Strikes Back
  2. The Force Awakens
  3. The Last Jedi
  4. A New Hope
  5. Return of the Jedi
  6. Rogue One
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones
iam16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. A New Hope

2. Return of the Jedi

3. Empire Strikes Back

4. The Force Awakens

5. Phantom Menace

6. The Last Jedi

7. Revenge of the Sith

8. Rouge One

9. Attack of the Clones

jhevans51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Empire

2. A New Hope

3. The Force Awakens

4. Rogue One

5. The Last Jedi

6. Return

7. Revenge

8. Attack

9. Phantom Menace

KaleOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By KaleOtter

It has to be said that I love all of the movies a great deal. 4-6 were my childhood along with star trek:tng, and the prequels are hugely flawed but underrated. The new ones seem like a real mixed bag of awesome and cringe, but they're still GOOD movies.

1. A new Hope
  2. Empire Strikes back
  3. Rogue One
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. Revenge of the sith
  7. Attack of the Clones
  8. Phantom menace
  9. The Last jedi. (I didn't dislike the movie, but felt it tonally disjointed and it missed a lot of marks that it seemed to be signposted and all the character arcs either a) sucked, or b) made no sense. It kinda had some slightly preachy subtext to it felt out of place in a movie about space monks fighting each other with glow sticks and magical powers, but I didn't think about that until someone pointed it all out to me, and it didn't change my opinion of the movie. Hyperspace scene near the end floored me. amazing peice of CGI work)

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Last Jedi

2. Empire Strikes Back

3. Rogue One

4. The rest of them

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

1. A New Hope - Still the best. Created a really interesting universe and a good hero.
  2. The Empire Strikes Back - Hoth, man. Hoth. Also, Luke's story hits its stride.
  3. The Last Jedi - Visually incredible movie (Snoke's chamber was rad) and solid narrative.
  4. The Force Awakens - Very well-done movie overall that loses points for being a near clone of A New Hope.
  5. Return of the Jedi - About 80% of this is great. Then it becomes Ewok dance numbers and Chewbacca Tarzan yells.
  6. Rogue One - I didn't think this was half as good as most people seem to. Disney said "we need a Star Wars movie this holiday" and it was that.
  7. Revenge of the Sith - Compared with the other prequels, this is incredible, and almost good on its own merit. Almost.
  8. Attack of the Clones - The single worst "romance" ever put to film. Only some decently entertaining battle scenes keep this out of last place.
  9. The Phantom Menace - Podracing was the only enjoyable part of this entire movie. Everything else is hot garbage.
SlightlyTrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly the last two are the worst.... they turned star wars into a super hero movie franchise.

Now people can fly, hyperspeed can be used as a hyper weapon, villains can just be made up from nothing..... at least the prequels didnt mess up the whole lore aside from the medichlorians thing that was stupid too.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I'd have to say:

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. Return of the Jedi
  3. A New Hope
  4. Rogue One
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. The Last Jedi
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones

Prequels are still the worst for me. I enjoyed The Last Jedi walking out of the theater, but that movie really doesn't hold up after thinking about it. The characters aside from Rey and Kylo are pretty much all terrible. For a movie about "heroes," I have no idea why anyone should look up to any of these people.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

This is the real order... All other orders are wrong.

• Empire
  • Star Wars (There is no film called a new hope)
  • Jedi
  • Awakens
  • Last Jedi
  • Rogue One
  • Sith
  • Phantom Menace
  • Clone Wars

Dishonorable Mention: The infamous Christmas special.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#114  Edited By TechnoSyndrome
  2. Star Wars
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. The Force Awakens
  5. The Last Jedi
  6. Rogue One
  7. The Phantom Menace
  8. Revenge of the Sith
  9. Attack of the Clones

Star Wars vs. Return of the Jedi was the only really tough one to pick, because I think the Luke/Vader/Emperor parts are some of the best scenes in the series, but a lot of that movie is the worst stuff in the original trilogy. I had to give it to Star Wars for being just an overall better and more consistent movie.

The Force Awakens is the only post OT film in the series I'd call good, and now a lot of the repeated OT stuff that I let pass on good faith hoping the rest of new trilogy would do new good things doesn't sit with me as well, but I did still really enjoy it when I first watched it and I really like all the new characters.

The Last Jedi has some interesting and really good scenes but the majority of that film is a mess. Rogue One was a boring nothing movie with boring nothing characters. Phantom Menace is the best prequel solely because of Duel of the Fates and the fantastic choreography of the Darth Maul fight, even if I have no emotional investment in it. Revenge of the Sith isn't as embarrassing as Attack of the Clones so it gets the honor of not being the bottom of the list.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

The best:
Battlestar Galactica

The Worst:
Star Wars

It's funny because it's true!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2 said:

• Empire
  • Jedi
  • Awakens
  • Last Jedi
  • Rogue One
  • Sith
  • Phantom Menace
  • Clone Wars

tbh that probably is the real order.

Except I'm iffy on if I like TFA or TLJ more.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly the last two are the worst.... they turned star wars into a super hero movie franchise.

Now people can fly, hyperspeed can be used as a hyper weapon, villains can just be made up from nothing.....

Nobody flies in The Last Jedi. Also, The Emperor was introduced with no development and continued to not have any development or even a name until 1999.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never got around to seeing The Last Jedi (I don't see movies much), but of the films I've seen:

2. A New Hope

3. Rogue One

4. The Force Awakens

5. Return of the Jedi

6. Revenge of the Sith

7. The Phantom Menace

8. Attack of the Clones

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IV, VI, V, VIII, VII, I, III, II.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2 said:

• Empire
  • Jedi
  • Awakens
  • Last Jedi
  • Rogue One
  • Sith
  • Phantom Menace
  • Clone Wars

tbh that probably is the real order.

Except I'm iffy on if I like TFA or TLJ more.

Can I ask why you like TLJ more than TAF? I would love to give you my reasons, but I don't want to contaminate your answer. I want to hear you first.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#121  Edited By BaneFireLord
  1. Rogue One
  2. Empire Strikes Back
  3. A New Hope
  4. Force Awakens
  5. Return of the Jedi
  6. Last Jedi
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones

Honestly I can probably go with any combination of 4, 5, and 6 on this list. I have equally middle of the road feelings on all three.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2: Probably the simple fact that it's more of a risk taker and has more interesting things to say. TFA is a warm familiar blanket. TLJ challenged me. TFA is still a more cohesive film but what it had to say was "star wars is back." I could write 2 or 3 paragraphs on what TLJ wanted to say.

and like I said, I'm iffy. I'm still unsure which one i prefer

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#123  Edited By nutter

I’m not a huge Star Wars guy, but...

Empire

New Hope

Rogue One

Return of the Jedi

EDIT: Force Awakens (I forgot it existed, but remember enjoying it enough)

Attack of the Clones

Revenge of the Sith

Phantom Menace

Last Jedi

...I REALLY thought The Last Jedi was a pretty terrible film.

schman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Rogue One
  4. Last Jedi
  5. Force Awakens
  6. Revenge of the Sith
  7. Return of the Jedi (I hate Ewoks)
  8. Phantom Menace
  9. Christmas Special
  10. Attack of the Clones
Lesca4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Lesca4

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Force Awakens
5. Attack of the Clones
6. Phantom Menace
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. Star Wars Holiday Special
9. The Last Jedi
10. Rogue One

Last two should be burned. Holiday Special is at least funny-bad.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: I like what you had to say. These films are still fresh, so debate will take a while. I'm more of an execution guy I guess. TLJ took risks, yes... but it felt prequelly to me in part (it was a little sloppy). I feel like the writing and acting in TFA was spot on even though the plot was unoriginal. TLJ was a bit of a mess comparatively. TFA took no risks, don't get me wrong, and rose was my favorite character of the new era. I'm not entirely sure TLJ knew what it wanted to say. I kinda feel it went out of it's way to be different for difference's sake.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127  Edited By Kingpk

For those of you who don't have Attack of the Clones near or at the bottom:

(And I'm going to try to be nice when I ask)

.....the fuck is wrong with you? (So much for nice). I'm not even a big Star Wars fan but even I felt the life draining from my body while watching it.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Rogue One
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. Force Awakens
  6. The Last Jedi
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones

Anything past RoTJ on this list I found to be boring and/or real bad.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingpk: I’d wager its less that people thought Attack of the Clones was good, and more that there are worse Star Wars movies out there.

Watching with my kids, everything but The Last Jedi is super watchable. Even the prequels have their moments, especially when you look at them as kids/family movies.

The Last Jedi is up there with The Hobbit triolgy, The Transformers movies, and Pacific Rim as boring, overly lavish, poorly written, unwatchable, hot, moist, garbage.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The continued Last Jedi hate in here is completely bonkers. Sorry that it didn't align with your hyperspace mechanics textbooks but saying it's a worse film than any of the prequels? My goodness.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The continued Last Jedi hate in here is completely bonkers. Sorry that it didn't align with your hyperspace mechanics textbooks but saying it's a worse film than any of the prequels? My goodness.

I'd say that the prequels are worse from a standpoint of acting, directing, and dialogue. But The Last Jedi just might be the worst overall plot. It's really hard to judge when there's that much wrong. Good acting and directing, but aside from a couple of standout moments, the plot was pretty terrible. It was enjoyable in the moment, though. I'll give it that.

Also--when criticized harshly--if the prequels fucked up a story of how the characters you love came to be, the new trilogy is fucking up a story of what happened to your favorite characters. Which do you think is going to be more upsetting to fans?

Also:

Loading Video...

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By nutter

@flatblack: I just thought it was a boring, convoluted film. It was packed with pointless threads. Nothing of consequence or interest happened for about 90 minutes. I really don’t care about parsecs or powers. I care about filmmaking and storytelling.

I found myself wondering how much better the movie would have been if written for a shoestring budget, as the effects, bombast, and marketing of neo-ewoks seemed to be the primary concern of the studio.

The Luke Island sequences felt like a one-note SNL sketch, as did the Rey/Ren sequences. For a movie packed with hokey stabs at comedy, these scenes are prime for parody/mockery.

On the bad comedy note, there were A LOT of bad comic foil moments with CGI characters. It felt like the common Star Wars misstep embodied by ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, and the CGI additions to the original trilogy (“Luke, they killed your family...let’s start this painful, personal trip of duty and justice fo-OH HEY! Look at those goofy aliens try to control that space horse! Pure slapstick!”) are here in full force, and very much part of the fabric of this movie.

I thought there was an interesting story to be told between Rey and Ren, but they just sort if poked at the idea a little and didn’t do the idea service.

Also, it felt like it had more false endings than Return of the King. Maybe it’s because I wanted it to end, but I kept preparing to leave and found myself forced into another 5-10 minutes of I-don’t-even-remember.

I remember it more for marketing toys and big action scenes with no build-up or pay-off beyond maybe setting-up another big action scene.

I don’t want to put anything too specific re: plot in here, but If they cut everything up until the cast is all making their way for the last setpiece, and picked the action up there, I think an interesting story could be told. I’d put an endpoint on this, but even though I just saw the movie on Saturday, I can’t recall the contents of the spree of false endings.

Take that 30 minutes, expand it into 90-110 via actual plot and character development.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Man I hate making these kinds of lists because I always end up in a heated debate with myself which lasts far longer than should be considered healthy. But okay, here goes, gonna try to just go with my gut on this one:

1. The Force Awakens
  2. The Empire Strikes Back
  3. The Last Jedi
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. A New Hope
  6. Rogue One
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones
nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Some of those points are kinda petty and clearly just there to have a fun goof, but some are very much valid.

I remember a co-worker of mine, guy must be pushing 60, going on about Snoke when Force Awakens came out. I’d imagine he was super disappointed his treatment here.

I don’t remember a ton about The Force Awakens. It was very safe and played variations of themes from prior Star Wars films in a way that felt like it needed to find its footing before could turn into its own thing.

The latest film plays with those same themes, but really doesn’t do anything interesting with them. There are elements that could be meaningful, but they feel fumbled and by-the-numbers.

ahifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. Return of the Jedi

3. Rogue One

4. A New Hope

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. The Force Awakens

7. The Phantom Menace

8. Attack of the Clones

9. The Last Jedi

David

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

2. A New Hope (1977)

3. Return of The Jedi (1983)

4. The Last Jedi (2017)

5. The Phantom Menace (1999)

6. The Force Awakens (2015)

7. Revenge of The Sith (2005)

8. Rogue One (2016)

9. Attack of The Clones (2002)

ahifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado:

I think there are far more variables at work here that makes asking people to name 3 characters from Rogue One a bit reductive and redundant, no?

Also, characters that I can name whilst confidently spelling correctly:

- Jyn Erso

- Director Krennic

- K2S0

- Cassian Andor (or Endor, but I'm pretty sure that's what caused me to remember it being Andor!)

They were the major characters who had the most spotlight so that seems about right.

Others I struggle to name, but I can remember existing:

- Donnie Yen's character - Chimmut Iwre? No chance in hell of spelling that right

- The big guy, Bale or Baze?

- The Imperial pilot (he was in Four Lions)

- Forest Whittaker's character - Sol Guerrera?

- Jyn's mom and dad

- The Scottish rebel soldier on the beach

- The big bear thing in the U-Wing

- The rebel general guy played by that dude from the Doom movie, actor is Ben something?

I'm not sure there were that many more original characters to be honest.

I watched the movie twice at the theatres. Haven't seen it since.

And since I mentioned Four Lions, a character-driven movie following a group of wannabe jihadists, let's see how many characters I can name from that. It has been about three years since I last watched it:

- Waj

- Barry

- The Wookie (or is it a bear?)

Blanking... Well, darn. I guess the movie must suck!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingpk said:

For those of you who don't have Attack of the Clones near or at the bottom:

(And I'm going to try to be nice when I ask)

.....the fuck is wrong with you? (So much for nice). I'm not even a big Star Wars fan but even I felt the life draining from my body while watching it.

This guy gets it.

I also think it's utterly baffling how anyone can put any of the other ones below the prequels.

ThomasBrecken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.The Empire Strikes Back

2.Star Wars

3.The Last Jedi

4.Return of the Jedi

5.The Force Awakens

I know that he doesn't like Star Wars but has Jeff talked about the last jedi