Your most favorite car movies of all time?

• 61 results
luisrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By luisrz

There are so many great car movies. But my go-to movies would David Cronenberg’s Crash, Mad Max: Fury Road, Vanishing Point, Repo Man, The Hitcher, and Fast Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

EDIT: Saw people mention it, but Smokey and the Bandit and Collateral are also real great.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@thepickle: I like the idea of Dazed and Confused as a car movie, because it totally is.

Loading Video...

Also, we have gone this entire thread without listing Blues Brothers, and that's a fucking crime against humanity.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I don't know if it's my favorite but Smokey and the Bandit is definitely a very memorable hallmark of my childhood. That Trans-Am was just so damn cool.

As far as pure spectacle, even though it's completely all fake I do think that Speed Racer movie is a visual rollercoaster.

Briten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime fans should check out Riding Bean. It's about a driver for hire in Chicago. There are some pretty good chase scenes.

And if Dazed and Confused qualifies then American Graffiti should qualify too.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@briten: I think one of the first animes my older brother ever showed me - rented from Blockbuster no less. His wheels turned sideways that was pretty cool. Weirdly enough I never watched Gunsmith Cats and that seemed to have similar motifs.

TheVampHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely The Fate of the Furious.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Can we include this?

No Caption Provided

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can we include this?

No Caption Provided

Ok, you can have the Back To The Future series as part of the car movie category.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first season of Pui Pui Molcar is getting a 2 week limited theatrical release in Japan and that counts as a movie as far as I'm concerned.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The Love Bug (1968) sometimes referred to as Herbie the Love Bug is good. The let 60s to late 70s movies are fun...if a bit strange. They are a type of comedy that Disnesyt is best known for where adult heros are cast in movies meant for kids, where as today teh movies would have a young acter in their twenties playing a charcter in their late teens as the hero.

If we want to start throwing shade it easy to say that, Bumblebee, is more of a Herbie film. No, not, because it is a Volkswagen Bug but only because it is a sentient car that does not speak that befriends its driver.