Your package shipping horror stories?

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cyrisaurus

I'm convinced that Fed Ex and UPS are horribly evil, corrupt companies that take your package hostage unless you pay them outrageous prices to get your package on time.

Friday, I snagged the $180 Vita bundle on Amazon. I live in north eastern Ky. The package was sent from a warehouse close to Nashville TN.

Saturday it gets sent from TN, all the way to a place called Hebron, Ky. I looked it up, and that is literally the most northern point on KY's map. They missed my house by a longshot.

Sunday, they decide to send it IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. My package is now in Indianapolis, Indiana.

In two days, my package is now the same distance away from me as when it began it's trip, just in the opposite direction. Why? Because I went with the standard shipping, so fuck me, right?

Am I alone here or is this how most packages you guys buy get treated?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShockD

Amazon were once sending me a package a whole month, then the package was lost. They said they're going to send a new one, then they couldn't reach my address or wtf and gave back my money. And I was living in a sea town back then. Fuckin wasted my time with them. Never repeated.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaggE

I once ordered a package, and a skeleton popped out.

I've actually never had a problem, amazingly.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Aetheldod

Well yeaaars ago (mid 90s) I ordered some anime tapes online ... payed the bill and all , guess what!!!!? fucking Mexican aduana (customs) stole the damned tapes >:( fuck them and send them to friigin hell , corrupt bastards. You duders are lucky , at least you can complain

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sploder

The only problem I've ever had was when I ordered a CD from Zavvi and it took a month to arrive. Now I just never use Zavvi.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JOURN3Y

I was once promised a premium member shirt (the first one) and never got it. :(

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By fattony12000

@JOURN3Y: Did you yell at a top man?

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JOURN3Y

@Fattony12000 said:

@JOURN3Y: Did you yell at a top man?

I did, and nothing happened. I have given up a loooong time ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only thing I have experienced was that someone either lost or stole my Age Of Empires 2: Gold Edition during shipping...

The company I bought it from send me a new copy two weeks later, so no beef there though.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By myke_tuna

Only problem I've ever had was ordering from Blue Jeans Cable. I ordered an HDMI cable but it never showed up. I emailed them and they said they sent it to *my address*. I just figured someone lost it along the way. I've never ordered from them again though, just in case. Amazon has given me no issues (even before I went Prime and picked Super Saver). Haven't even fucked up the only return I had to do (not their fault). Far as I know, they're the best about shipping (speed and accuracy).

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

I ordered some stuff from the Valve store a while back. It was like 2 T-Shirts, a mug and a book. I am in germany so I was expecting some taxes on that but it turned out Valve didnt fill the shipping papers properly and that ended up in me paying almost 100% taxes. Yeah, I payed almost double for what I got.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By L44

Back when The Orange Box came out my preorder took two months to get to my house. That's probably the worst I've ever gotten, I consider myself lucky.

Bobafeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bobafeet

Ordered an original OBEY print and it came with one side of the tube caved in. Had to perform near surgery to get my poster out in tact as best I could. Complained to UPS for a month straight, nothing happened =/

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Slay3r1583

Worst thing that has happened to me is it took over a month for some dvds I ordered from a seller in England to arrive to me in the Chicago area. I cheaped out and didn't pay for faster shipping or insurance so I just wrote it off as shit got lost in the mail but to my surprise they eventually showed up.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I've never had issues with UPS or FedEx. Maybe my only gripe with them has been leaving packages outside my door without even knocking. I once got panicked I didn't get a package and it was getting late and spent the entire day at home waiting, only realizing later on in the evening its been sitting outside my door.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Garfield518

This one time, I was told my package would arrive by 11am - it arrived at 12:30pm.

The horror.

tarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tarvis

I work in logistics. I purchase a fair amount of hardware that has to be shipped from distribution. FedEx and UPS are great. "Standard shipping" will indirectly affect how your package is handled by FedEx. By Standard, I'm guessing it's Ground, which is handled by FedEx Ground, which used to be RPS. FedEx Express is a separate entity. But it sounds like your particular issue is just that you don't have any airports nearby. Which has caused some unfortunate routing shenanigans.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By CannonGoose

One time the DVD case for a game I ordered was a bit cracked along the top edge.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By buft

Bought a PSP online the first xmas it was available. My son had wanted one so spotting a cheap deal online i picked one up, paid for express delivery as normal delivery was 6 weeks, it didn't arrive, i called up the company who told me it was delivered by DHL and that they had a signature, furious i rang DHL who couldn't tell me anything except that the consignment had been delivered to my address.

I spent the next few weeks in constant contact with the company i purchased it from and DHL while playing the longest game of "which neighbour stole the PSP". come the week before christmas we ended up buying other things for my son and i gave up on getting him the PSP. we had a decent celebration on Christmas anyway, my kids loved the presents that they got and my son did not seem too amiss about the lack of a PSP.

then came my present, i opened it and was surprised to see a PSP inside, confused i looked around and the faces who had colluded to get me a PSP in secret, they where all in on it... Bastards!

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By konig_kei

More than once the posty put the little card in my mailbox because he's a lazy cunt, saying i wasn't home to pick up a package even though i was, making me go to the fucken post office to pick it up.