Your thoughts on Peugeot 9x8 the Le Mans Hypercar?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello car lovers

Peugeot just announced their new race car called 9x8 which is going to debut to race by next year's World Endurance Championship series, it's going to be powered by a 2.6 Twin-Turbo V6 engine a 200kW front-axle motor-generator unit plus it named after their two winning legendary cars are Peugeot 905 and 908 from 1992, 1993 and 2009 respectively.

No Caption Provided

Peugeot reveals first images of radical 9X8 Le Mans Hypercar (autosport.com)

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I like how square it is. Would probably be a pretty good bumpercar. Let that vent on top be a flamethrower and it would be a decent design for the next Twisted Metal game.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how square it is. Would probably be a pretty good bumpercar. Let that vent on top be a flamethrower and it would be a decent design for the next Twisted Metal game.

To me, this car looks more similar to Xenon Racer.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:
No Caption Provided

Having this mouse along with an RGB gaming keyboard, the computer case's LED is set in green color, and having the wallpaper of Peugeot 9x8 is perfect!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

That's just the Batman Forever Batmobile

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I always heard that Peugeot were merely 'okay' consumer cars, and maybe that has changed. When I hear Peugeot has a super car or race car ist is weird, because we don't get their cars here. I think you can buy Peugeot in Mexico, but no the US or Canada.

And, yeah, I would not mind killing off Chrysler in the US to free up Stellantis! Chryslers, Dodge, Ram are jokes in the United States, they make terrible cars that are put together with hot-glue and string because they fall apart after three years. Their Jeep nameplate is only popular because of Wrangler - the actual jeep - but Jeeps are not reliable either. So, I would welcome Stellantis/Peugeot owned brands to be sold in the US instead, since there is little chance they could be "less reliable" than Chryslers, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram.

Nevertheless, as an American, the name Peugeot just has very little meaning. except as these exotic racing & rally cars.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Regarding the Chrysler brands, while I would probably buy any other manufacturer's auto before buying their brands, I think their quality has improved considerably in the last decade. If I was ever to consider buying a pick-up truck, I think the RAM would be at the top of my list. However, I would not touch Jeep with a ten foot pole.

On topic, I think the Peugeot looks nice? Hopefully it appears in videogame form soon.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By judaspete

Man, graphics have come so far, I can't tell if this picture is real, or a Froza screenshot.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, graphics have come so far, I can't tell if this picture is real, or a Froza screenshot.

I'm like 99% sure that's a CG screenshot. The road texture looks too sharp to me. A don't think a real camera would have a focal length that could get both the car and the road that in focus at the same time. I might also see just a little bit of anti-aliasing on the front grille.

Nevertheless, here's a video of them introducing the real version of the same thing:

Loading Video...

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judaspete: In this picture, it’s a CGI render but the real car is going to set it’s debut in next-year’s Le Mans series.

I hope this car will appear in many future racing games and it does kinda remind me of F-Zero series.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1989 Batmobile remains the best one

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryudo said:

1989 Batmobile remains the best one

The 1989 Batmobile is one of the most iconic movie cars of all time.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:

That's just the Batman Forever Batmobile

Perhaps, this car might of took some inspiration from Nintendo's F-Zero series.