• 66 results
chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By chandlerr_360

YouTube and Viacom basically made it so that if you include ANY music (even if you purchased it) in one of the videos that you upload, that is not out of THEIR database, the video is "Copyright Material" and is taken off the site. BS. Suffice to say I am done with it, and I have moved on to Metacafe.com

It is essentially the same thing, only less popular naturally...who knows, maybe not for long though. Here is a link to my Metacafe channel: http://www.metacafe.com/f/channels/chandlerr_360/private/

chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By chandlerr_360

YouTube and Viacom basically made it so that if you include ANY music (even if you purchased it) in one of the videos that you upload, that is not out of THEIR database, the video is "Copyright Material" and is taken off the site. BS. Suffice to say I am done with it, and I have moved on to Metacafe.com

It is essentially the same thing, only less popular naturally...who knows, maybe not for long though. Here is a link to my Metacafe channel: http://www.metacafe.com/f/channels/chandlerr_360/private/

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Shadow

dude whatever.  People are uploading stuff far too fast and too often for all of it to be deleted.  Even so, who goes to youtube as a music source?

TheBigBeefy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheBigBeefy

*sigh* No offense but I'm on the copyright holder's side on this. It legally belongs to them therefor it's not right to use it without their permission. Why does everyone think that copyrighted stuff should belong to anyone just because it's on the internet? I just can't understand the logic of it all. Besides it's YOUtube, you're really suppose to upload your own videos, not other people's.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BigBoss1911
Shadow said:
"dude whatever.  People are uploading stuff far too fast and too often for all of it to be deleted.  Even so, who goes to youtube as a music source?"
I do for most of my music actually.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RetroIce4

Alright... Sucks though.

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

Kinda sucks but atleast now maybe there won't be a music track in the place of the original audio of clips I want to watch. User-made music videos are so annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigBoss1911 said:
"Shadow said:
"dude whatever.  People are uploading stuff far too fast and too often for all of it to be deleted.  Even so, who goes to youtube as a music source?"
I do for most of my music actually."
Why not try something better?
KivviJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KivviJuice

Aww..........

so no more Linkinpark Dragonballz montages???
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By breton

Well, it is illegal.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Snipzor

Dear god, Youtube banning something that is illegal anyways?! Time to write my congressman.

Seriously, this isn't an issue. Youtube has been dead for a while, here is an educational video to explain why:

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By CaptainScarLeg
KivviJuice said:
"Aww..........
"
That is exactly what I was talking about, down with the crap!
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

Youtube does piss me off now.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shadow
Snipzor said:
"Dear god, Youtube banning something that is illegal anyways?! Time to write my congressman.

Seriously, this isn't an issue. Youtube has been dead for a while, here is an educational video to explain why:

"
Meanwhile, literally as I type this, I'm watching a playlist of every single dubbed Fullmetal Alchemist episode
 back to back.  Seeing as it was among the first results when I typed in "Fullmetal Alchemist" into the search engine, I guess their 'algorithm' isn't working too well.
tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By tokyochicken
KivviJuice said:
"Aww..........
"
The world will have to suffer for this time.
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Optiow

I do nto go on you tube much...so I do not really care.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

The lame thing is I couldn't even find music videos on the official pages for the record companies. Also I find it kind of interesting how they manage the problem. In a lot of cases, I see videos of people talking (presumably with music playing in the background), but the sound is removed. Why not just delete the video? What's the point?

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DirrtyNinja
Viacom are a bunch of whiny yeast infected cunts.
clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By clarke0

Youtube does pretty much piss me off on a daily basis now. They will delete game review channels even though they are legal because of Fair Use laws. I tire of their shenanigans.

Ashibaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ashibaka

It's been bullshit for some time. Lately they have been pushing things a bit overboard though.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OneEyedNinja7
chandlerr_360 said:
"YouTube and Viacom basically made it so that if you include ANY music (even if you purchased it) in one of the videos that you upload, that is not out of THEIR database, the video is "Copyright Material" and is taken off the site. BS. Suffice to say I am done with it, and I have moved on to Metacafe.com

It is essentially the same thing, only less popular naturally...who knows, maybe not for long though. Here is a link to my Metacafe channel: http://www.metacafe.com/f/channels/chandlerr_360/private/"

DirrtyNinja said:
"Viacom are a bunch of whiny yeast infected cunts."
I'm pretty sure the culprit this time is Warner Music Group, not Viacom. Viacom can be blamed for all the BS last year though (like the lawsuit and privacy infringement).
joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#21  Edited By joey

Hey jeff, if we put midnight brown music in our youtube videos and give credit, will the videos be taken down?

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gizmo
BigBoss1911 said:
"Shadow said:
I do for most of my music actually."
Dude, look up a website called Deezer, free, legal, high quality bit-rate songs.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By pyromaniac

I saw that shit...it pisses me off.I guess its time to start using metacafe instead of shittube

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Snail
HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HazBazz

since when has Youtube succeeded in banning things? You're not supposed to be able to find TV shows or films on Youtube, but people upload them so often that its really easy to get past the moderation process. This won't change a thing

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jayge_
OneEyedNinja7 said:
"chandlerr_360 said:
"YouTube and Viacom basically made it so that if you include ANY music (even if you purchased it) in one of the videos that you upload, that is not out of THEIR database, the video is "Copyright Material" and is taken off the site. BS. Suffice to say I am done with it, and I have moved on to Metacafe.com

It is essentially the same thing, only less popular naturally...who knows, maybe not for long though. Here is a link to my Metacafe channel: http://www.metacafe.com/f/channels/chandlerr_360/private/"

DirrtyNinja said:
"Viacom are a bunch of whiny yeast infected cunts."
I'm pretty sure the culprit this time is Warner Music Group, not Viacom. Viacom can be blamed for all the BS last year though (like the lawsuit and privacy infringement)."
Correct. Viacom is responsible for pulling every single Colbert, Stewart, Comedy Central, etc.-related clips off of YouTube. Warner Music Group, for no apparently intelligent reason, decided to pull every single artist under their umbrella off of YouTube. Even artist's official YouTube accounts get DMCA'd. That's how dumb the entire thing is. Multiple people who belong to WMG have spoken out against it on their blogs and stuff. It's sad and funny at the same time.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Willy105
Shadow said:
I do. Doesn't everyone?
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shadow
Willy105 said:
"Shadow said:
I do. Doesn't everyone?"
Are you people aware of the internet?  It's that thing you're using.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Snail
Willy105 said:
"Shadow said:
I do. Doesn't everyone?"
Everyone who either is retarded or doesn't know the internet well enough.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StaticFalconar

There is more to youtube than just music vids.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shadow
breton said:
"Well, it is illegal."

that's no attitude for someone using the internet.  Shame on you.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By super_machine
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By RichardLOlson
Yeah youtube does sucks ass now.  I mean I couldn't even find MSNBC interview that was done in 2007.  I mean come on, it wasn't anything retarded or dumb.  Just a simple interview.  Well time to use another search engine for shit.
tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tec3297
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Snipzor
RichardLOlson said:
"Yeah youtube does sucks ass now.  I mean I couldn't even find MSNBC interview that was done in 2007.  I mean come on, it wasn't anything retarded or dumb.  Just a simple interview.  Well time to use another search engine for shit."
What were you looking for?
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gunswordfist

Oh well it's a good thing I'm not a fan of any type of music. Now when they start to take off any videos of Contra Hard Corps that has the music GTR in it THEN I'll say youtube's dead. hehe

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hexpane
TheBigBeefy said:
  Why does everyone think that copyrighted stuff should belong to anyone just because it's on the internet? I just can't understand the logic of it all. Besides it's YOUtube, you're really suppose to upload your own videos, not other people's."
You're missing the point.  You can use music however you want, regardless of copyright as long as you don't use it for PROFESSIONAL actions or to generate $$.  Basically Viacom is trying to milk money out of youtube, instead youtube will simply delete the videos rather than pay Viacom.

It's a bunch of old suits getting their panties in a bunch because their radio divisions are loosing a ton of money ever since Stern left for Sirius and they tried to spend big on "talent" like David Lee Roth to take over morning radio.
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BestUsernameEver
Shadow said:
Uhh me, it's the only reason I consider it, why would you like to see a bunch of kids prank calling a bunch of other kids?
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DARKIDO07

I figured something was up when I clicked on the Transformers 2 Trailer but it was deleted from the website, I hope You Tube won't go around taking off all the music stuff becuase its how I watched Dark Side of the Rainbow, and plan to watch Alice on the Wall and listen to Pink Floyd sense I'm too cheap (saving up for a computer) to buy their CD's. Meh maybe I will just borrow my friends CDs and upload them to my computer.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#40  Edited By dsplayer1010
KivviJuice said:
"Aww..........
"
Damn...
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gunner
TheBigBeefy said:
"*sigh* No offense but I'm on the copyright holder's side on this. It legally belongs to them therefor it's not right to use it without their permission. Why does everyone think that copyrighted stuff should belong to anyone just because it's on the internet? I just can't understand the logic of it all. Besides it's YOUtube, you're really suppose to upload your own videos, not other people's."
I can understand this if a person uploads a video with a picture and a song playing in the background, but when someone takes time to make a video about something they are into (like montoge or machinima videos) then put their favorite song in the background its just wrong to take it down. Yeah the person used someone elses music, but how are they hurting anyone in the music industry by putting a video called "CoD4 Ownage!" with bodies by drowning pool in the background?
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#42  Edited By Vinchenzo

Bad title. Just because you are pissy about YouTube doesn't mean it's dead.

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GiantGUS
TheBigBeefy said:
"*sigh* No offense but I'm on the copyright holder's side on this. It legally belongs to them therefor it's not right to use it without their permission. Why does everyone think that copyrighted stuff should belong to anyone just because it's on the internet? I just can't understand the logic of it all. Besides it's YOUtube, you're really suppose to upload your own videos, not other people's."
YES! I bet people wouldn't like other people using their creations without permission. And even if they did, the rights holder is the one that decides.
AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AvD

As long as any material that is taken is credited (which 90% of the videos on YouTube are not) then I believe there shouldn't be a problem.  But as of right now YouTube is the most commercial source for copyright infringement.... and garbage.  I'm all for the remixing of anything, but YouTube and Viacom , as well as the community, need to understand that just pulling stuff is not the solution, strict polocies on citing sources and plagerism is.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bullet_Jr

This is bullshit!

I had two, TWO! of my skateboaring videos taken off Youtube because I had a copywritten song in them.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Virago

I KNOW it was so pissed! i hate that youtube did that. but it's not my source for music....
if it was, i would not be  Queen Pirate.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Milkman
Snipzor said:
"Dear god, Youtube banning something that is illegal anyways?! Time to write my congressman.

"
That guys is retarded. Does he even realize that he is posting a video proclaiming the death of YouTube ON YOUTUBE?! YouTube is one of the most popular web sites on the internet. To say it's "dead" is retarded.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Snipzor
Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:

"
That guys is retarded. Does he even realize that he is posting a video proclaiming the death of YouTube ON YOUTUBE?! YouTube is one of the most popular web sites on the internet. To say it's "dead" is retarded."
So you are calling an evolutionary scientist, retarded? If I were you, I would look into the person who made the video before opening your mouth and looking like a complete idiot.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Milkman
Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:

"
That guys is retarded. Does he even realize that he is posting a video proclaiming the death of YouTube ON YOUTUBE?! YouTube is one of the most popular web sites on the internet. To say it's "dead" is retarded."
So you are calling an evolutionary scientist, retarded? If I were you, I would look into the person who made the video before opening your mouth and looking like a complete idiot.
"
It doesn't matter what the guy is. The video is stupid and plain wrong.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Snipzor
Milkman said:
It doesn't matter what the guy is. The video is stupid and plain wrong."
Here's a little test, go on to tell me WHY he says youtube is dead as a means for free speech and opinion.
Do yourself a favour and click on the video, twice. Links to the actual video, with description and user for you to check out. Education is a wonderful thing, and right now, Thunderf00t>Milkman.