Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

No Caption Provided

The Intro

This is Free Stuff Get! #2. This month I'm giving away an old copy of the You Don't Know Jack spin-off Head Rush, and all you have to do is tell me your favorite You Don't Know Jack style pop-culture infused trivia question. You're free to pull the question from any of the classic JellyVision titles, or if you're clever enough, you can make one up on your own.

The Contest

The You Don't Know Jack series is well known for it's own special brand of trivia filtered through the lens of pop culture. All you have to do to enter this month is tell me what your favorite You Don't Know Jack question is. If you're especially creative, you can even come up with your own YDKJ style trivia question and use it. I'll randomly select a winner from among my favorite posts.

The Prize

The prize this time is my very own copy of the 1998 JellyVision release Head Rush. It's essentially just You Don't Know Jack, but everything has just been skewed to appeal more to the 90's teenager. I'll ship the original disc, case, and manual straight to you. For that reason, I'm going to have to limit entries this month to US residents only. If you're in the UK, feel free to still share your love of trivia with us, but just know that I'm not going to pony up the shipping costs to send you a copy of the game.  

Scanned from my very own copy of the game. Isn't it just so perfectly 90's?

The Rules

• Post your entry here by Midnight EST on February 20.
  • One entry per user.
  • Winner will be contacted on February 21 to arrange for shipping the prize.
  • Only US residents are eligible to win. I'm not paying to ship a CD overseas.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

No Caption Provided

The Intro

This is Free Stuff Get! #2. This month I'm giving away an old copy of the You Don't Know Jack spin-off Head Rush, and all you have to do is tell me your favorite You Don't Know Jack style pop-culture infused trivia question. You're free to pull the question from any of the classic JellyVision titles, or if you're clever enough, you can make one up on your own.

The Contest

The You Don't Know Jack series is well known for it's own special brand of trivia filtered through the lens of pop culture. All you have to do to enter this month is tell me what your favorite You Don't Know Jack question is. If you're especially creative, you can even come up with your own YDKJ style trivia question and use it. I'll randomly select a winner from among my favorite posts.

The Prize

The prize this time is my very own copy of the 1998 JellyVision release Head Rush. It's essentially just You Don't Know Jack, but everything has just been skewed to appeal more to the 90's teenager. I'll ship the original disc, case, and manual straight to you. For that reason, I'm going to have to limit entries this month to US residents only. If you're in the UK, feel free to still share your love of trivia with us, but just know that I'm not going to pony up the shipping costs to send you a copy of the game.  

The Rules

• Post your entry here by Midnight EST on February 20.
  • One entry per user.
  • Winner will be contacted on February 21 to arrange for shipping the prize.
  • Only US residents are eligible to win. I'm not paying to ship a CD overseas.
WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By WEGGLES

I had this game way back. It's really funny. Best of luck to all those who enter (I'm Canadian, so no go for me)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online
@WEGGLES: 
The pop culture references really date the game when you play it now, but in some ways that might make it even better.

(Side note: I find it very fitting that this was post number 1998 for me)
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

Holy shit I had this game. The only question I can remember was something about where would Hanson (the boy band) go on tour, and for the answer the dude was like "That's right! The "City of Brotherly Love" is Philadelphia."

God, and I remember one of the bonus rounds was called Headbutt (I think) and they would spell out headbutt, and there was some dumb animation that went with it. My mom used to hate it when I played this game because they said 'butt' and I was going to become corrupted by that.

Goddamn, so much nostalgia right now. 

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaggE

It's almost impossible to pick just one, so I'm going to go with the set of questions in YDKJ: The Ride where Cookie gets more and more drunk as the game goes on. By the end, he can barely read the question. Pure hilarity.

Avatar image for magicallystoopid
Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Magicallystoopid

There has always been one that stuck with me from the electronic tabletop game that really summed up the You Don't Know Jack style to me.

What was Abraham Lincoln's astrological sign?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online
@ShaggE:@Magicallystoopid:@ajamafalous: 
I'm going to go ahead and just count those as contest entries. I'm starting to think I may have made it a little too difficult for people to enter. I'll probably end up accepting pretty much any post in this thread as an entry.
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#8  Edited By Mento

On a semi-unrelated note (since I'm disqualified for this contest), I'm seriously hoping the new YDKJ ends up as one of those "Give and Get" Steam sale items. And also that Jellyvision one day allows people in the UK to buy it off Steam, a global digital distributor distributing digital products globally. I think the name of the "Cookie's Fortune Cookie Fortunes with Cookie "Fortune Cookie" Masterson" round alone sold me.

P.S. Don't enter me by accident. For that matter, don't accidentally include me in this contest either. Damn you, as-yet-nonexistent commercial teleport technology.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

Yeah...I really must have somehow made entry too difficult for this contest. Just post anything about YDKJ. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

What if I do know Jack?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online
@Video_Game_King: 
Fuck it! It looks like there isn't going to be any surge of entries today. Video_Game_King, PM me your address. You're Winner!!