PC Save Gone?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

I originally played halfway through Ori on the Xbox One when it first came out. To prep for the new game I decided to hop into the Definitive Edition with Game Pass. Upon launching the game I got an error saying that my data couldn't be synced to the cloud right now. I could either try again, which resulted in the same error, or continue offline. I continued offline and played the game for a few hours. I was still receiving achievements and they show up on my Xbox Live profile.

Smash cut to today when I want to play again. This time I do not get the cloud error. However, when I get to choose my save file there is nothing there! I saw that the save is usually located under my local app data, but there isn't even a folder for Ori! I then thought maybe that I could sign out of my profile from the Xbox console app, but then the game forces you to sign back in anyways. Am I to believe that because I continued in offline mode the game just didn't save any of my data? That seems insane.

Does anyone have any other thoughts here? Should I just wait for the sequel and let this go?

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Nick

i played through this game a couple months ago on game pass for PC, and occasionally i would start up the game and my saves would be missing. however i was able to fix this by just closing the game and relaunching it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had this occur today for me, when I'd launch the game and saw no save data due to cloud syncing issues. Simple re-launch fixed it for me too.

If you did lose it permanently...eh, I don't know. Just a personal preference really if you want to play it again or not, I'd say. Not really a long game, took me about 7 hours and I switched the difficulty to easy at one point to save myself from too much frustration by making the tedious combat easier and have checkpoints during some of the chase scenes.

TacticalKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ye I had that situation before..