Just finished, impressions?

ravage484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed "80 Days" and considering "Over the Alps" was written by the same person I was very interested in playing this.

I just finished my first playthrough, and I loved it, while it did seem a little pigeon-holed in terms of the decisions and outcomes. That being said, I really enjoyed defining who my agent was throughout.

Any other people play this game and enjoy it? wanna share impressions? I can't find anyone online talking about this wonderful journey...

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am certainly planning to play it but Apple Arcade has been an embarrassment of riches for me and I did not get around to this one. Glad to hear it’s good, I’ll put it next on my list!

ravage484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@fear_the_booboo: You're definitely right saying embarrassment of riches. I'm curious what else you've been playing..I've been balancing out my time with Sayonara, Over The Alps, Grindstone (a must play), Overland, and Mini Motorways (when it doesn't bug out and start drawing weird geometry lol), Sneaky Sasquatch, and What the Golf! Also that ChuCHu rocket game is actually pretty solid lol. Perhaps I should look at other forum posts regarding Apple Arcade in general..

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

@ravage484: I’ve been playing Grindstone a lot on my phone. I have both an iPhone and an Apple TV which helps me separate the games in two categories, “to go” or at “home”.

So far on my Apple TV I have mostly played Sayonara Wild Hearts. I’m currently getting gold ranks everything (which is not as hard as it looks, I appreciate that it’s doable without having speed runners skills). The next two I want to play after that are Mutazione, it seems right up my alley but I haven’t heard much about it, and Over the alps.

I also finished Pinball Wizard which is... not a great game, but a very addicting one. It’s a killer concept really but feels more like a prototype than a full game, the sound design is very lacking for a pinball game and it ends way before you’re done upgrading. I get caught in grinding games too easily. I wouldn’t recommend it too much unless you want a podcast game or something.

On my phone I’ve been playing Grindstone like everyone else I think. I installed Assembled with care which seems nice but I’d rather play it in one go, so I’m keeping for my next vacations at the end of the month. I have also installed Card of Darkness there but again, Grindstone has been keeping me busy.

I’ve launched a lot of games for five minutes just to check if they interest me right away, but I don’t want to spread my attention too thin.

I’m curious if you think Over the Alps is better played on phone or on the TV, I think it’s an 80 days-like but I actually have no idea what to expect from it! I really wanna play it but Grindstone is taking me longer than I expected ah! I’m around level 75 now.