Black-Eyed Susan Butter-Milk Pancakes

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

A local restaurant, Black-Eyed Susan’s, makes these delicious butter-milk pancakes. Slathered with melted butter and real maple syrup they are delicious. The sour taste of the butter-milk is enhanced by the sweetness of the syrup and saltiness of the butter. I don't have the exact recipe...but these do in a pinch.

• 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1¼ cups buttermilk (add more tbls at a time, if mix is not the consistency of thin batter)
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Beat eggs thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well mixed. Cook on griddle on a hot pan.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Humanity

Something that has helped me make good pancakes without a cast iron skillet or an electric pancake thing is putting the heat medium and covering the skillet with a pot lid for the first side, then flipping and very quickly cooking the other side uncovered.

This way you'll get the insides cooked without burning the outside as has been my constant problem when using regular skillets.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@humanity: I got one of those plug-in griddles for Christmas and it makes pancakes a totally thoughtless exercise. It's great.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

@regularassmilk: Yah I totally wanted to get one of those but I don't really have the room for it considering it's not something I'll be using everyday (as much as I would love to eat pancakes daily) and I think those things chug electricity like noones business.