hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hellerphant

Hey duders!

So after last year's sad but ultimately fun meetup, I thought we'd start early to get a good venue and some plans locked in. Obviously we will lock down the date closer to the event (so we can coordinate with other meetup nights etc) and with the new venue I think we should ditch the whiskey bar and find something closer in the city.

Of course if nostalgia takes hold, you want some more of those tasty Shipwreck on the Rock and we want to lock this in as "how the event works" for years to com, I'm more than okay with that.

So some general thoughts on how to tackle it this year guys?

Avatar image for fissionmailed10
FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Hey there, mark here, one of the few that stayed for CAH and then Indian afterwards.

Super keen on whatever is planned, probably going to have bigger numbers this year so whisky bar may be a little packed if it's there again. But i don't mind, the staff there were really kind and it was a great place. Down for whatever dudes!

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's a super chill place. I've become pretty good mates with the bartender now and I've had a few more events there.

However I agree, I think we will need a bigger venue this time round.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alrighty folks. Super last minute, mainly due to the fact that our game just came out last week and I've been in crunch mode, but how many of you are coming to Melbourne this year for PAX Aus? Should we organise a casual get together again?

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.giantbomb.com/pax-australia-2014/3015-8134/forums/we-should-get-drunk-1491679/#9

A few people are in there are keen :P

Always keen.

headshot2391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have a couple of meet ups across the weekend but I would love to meet anyone from the GB community. I will have a GB shirt on so yell out at anytime if you see me on the floor and I will come say hello.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many of you are heading along to the Star Citizen event? I've got that booked in on the Saturday but we could maybe organise a later - let's meet at a bar and have some drinks together type thing like last time?

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ninnanuam

I'm up.

Any idea where we should do it?

Where is the star citizen thing being held? If its close to the PAX venue, maybe something around there?

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so Star Citizen is at the Forum Theatre, right near Federation Square. It won't finish until late, so I'm thinking we pick a bar, everyone meets there around 9:00 and I can show up after Star Citizen. The post-PAX events are everywhere this year, so it's a little harder, and I'm working with a tonne of events so I don't have as much free time.

Another option could be Sunday possibly?

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll be at PAX for all three day, though I'm not sure how late I'll be out each night. Either way, I'd be down for a meetup of some sort - I'll keep checking this thread!

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll be around all three nights, for sure.

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 days here as well, so I dont mind which night.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh yeah! I can bring along Nidhogg and Divekick.

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jondan

Am also on a 3 day pass again this year, but I won't be able to make Saturday night at all. Can do Friday and/or Sunday no worries though.

Was looking forward to raiding that whiskey bar again. :D

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Anywhere, anytime. Over from Perth again this year.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I live nearby and would love to drop by, but I might not be able to make it on Sunday night.

Wezmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll be going all three days, keen for Saturday night after Star Citizen though. Do we have a venue yet?

monotreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be at the Star Citizen event, nothing else planned though.

randompanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm keen - I'm a newbie so keen to meet some folk. I'm up all three days. Sat is fine by me. What's the star citizen thing?

Wezmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wezmon

Argh! I just found out the Star Citizen recent (an after show event that's not at PAX) doesn't START until 9. Ah well.

Does everyone want a Saturday meet or will Sunday do? Also, I don't really know any bars/venues in the area. Does anyone know a potential spot? I kinda liked the whiskey bar from last time...

Edit: Too late for a Friday meet?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By fobwashed

You could also check which Duders from the site live in the area using the duder map.

No Caption Provided

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jondan
Protonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there anything planned for Friday or Saturday yet? If not, if someone finds a good bar near the event maybe tweet everyone? My twitters @robbarclay anyhow and I'll be in my GB member shirt tomorrow if you see one ;-). Otherwise have an awesome pax duders!

randompanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By randompanda

There's the shipyard (the tall ship) right outside- could be easy for a quick meet then people can either head back for other stuff or go to the whiskey bar from there. I'm @bellehammond or I'll be wearing a 'Vinny's mag lift Co' shirt tomorrow and the ends of my hair are blue so if you see me come say hi!

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FissionMailed10

Just saw a few duders in gb hoodies, called them peices of human garbage. Standard procedure. I'm walking around in a nba jam shirt btw

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jondan

Cheers to the duder that shouted "VinnCo!" at me while crossing the bridge near Jeff's Shed last night. :3

Wezmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wezmon

So, last day of PAX. Looks like a catch-up isn't happening (not sure if Star Citizen was worth it, tbh).

I'll be in the tabletop area most of today with my Cards Against Humanity, as well as a couple of other games. I'm wearing a GB Wizard shirt, so please come by and call me a piece of human garbage.

Also, I'm @Wezmon73 on twitter. Hit me up!

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FissionMailed10

Alright I'll see you in there wezmon. Fuck it I'm gonna bring battle gaiden and see if we can put it in a snes :p

Wezmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fissionmailed10: Sweet, I'll see you there. I'm up against the back wall of the tabletop area, in the corner near the cafe.

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wezmon: cool just had a look around, didn't look there! Haha I'll be there in 10

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alrighty, all done and dusted for another year, what were some cool things that you guys saw?

I know I really enjoyed checking out Satellite Reign, really cool kindaRTS/kindaAction game with a sweet ass cyberpunk vibe to it. From what I saw it looks like the game gives you a lot of options, its whether or not those are fun or not is the question. Also from chatting with one of the devs for a while it seems like they've thought of everything, including Blade Runner esc fluro tube umbrellas (day fucking zero :P).

Finally got to play Shovel Knight on a fucking nintendo platform on the floor to my surprise it is actually fucking out on 3ds and wii U as of a few days ago. FINALLY, ITS ONLY BEEN LIKE, HALF A YEAR(?) SINCE THE REST OF THE WORLD COULD PLAY IT.(seemed like a cool thing to get back into using my 3ds so i didnt buy on pc)

Shit loads of cool multiplayer games out there including Screen Cheat, Gunscape, got my hands on #IDARB, also if you didnt play Swordy, oh man you missed out that was really fun. Also lined up and played Battecry with a mate, that seemed fun for what it is, a free to play multiplayer third person action game, I doubt that will have any legs for me though. I'm forgetting heaps of other shit I checked out due to being wrecked but oh well, can't imagine how @hellerphant feels right now, I saw that dude running around like a madman :P.

Great to sit down and play CAH and Boss Monster with @wezmon and a few others on here, always fun and hope we do it again next year!

captpaulblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got to see some duders this time around and got some CAH and Boss Monster which then led to buying card games. Hopefully next year we can work out a get together, especially one involving some drinking and CAH.

Wezmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fissionmailed10: Holy effortpost, Batman! :-D

Yeah, I had such a blast this year. It was totally a highlight catching up with duders for some tabletop good times today.

Swordly was rad as heck, I liked square heroes, Screen Cheat was bonkers fun, too many to remember at this time of night.

Pity I never got a chance to play some battle garden, totally forgot with everything else going on. Ah well, maybe next year, eh?

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I also forgot that I had it in my bag, probably would've remembered if the wife and I didn't have to run off. Also probably would've invited some of you over to my room to play it if my retron 5 didn't shit itself, can't get the bastard to turn on, probably didn't like the bumpy ride in the bag walking from the station. Oh well......