Who's attending?

suters82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all, just wondering who else is attending PAX AUS this year?

Avatar image for fissionmailed10
FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'll be there, did you attend other years by any chance?

I'm sure I'll be seeing @wezmon and @hellerphant there as well,

keen for some random card games, hopefully I'll remember to take Tetris Battle Gaiden and see if we can throw it into a super famicom in the freeplay area.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a three-day pass ordered. Hoping to be there pretty much the whole time, work is crazy and I need a break from it!

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sits too close to exams for me this year :(

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'll be there!! Been to PAX East twice, this will be my first PAX Aus.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caska said:

Sits too close to exams for me this year :(

I feel you. I have exams from the 3rd through to the 11th. Maybe next year.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By caska

@adequatelyprepared: I went last year to pax and ended up not doing as well as I'd hoped in my exams the week after... Not to say pax was to blame for it, but it probably didn't help :P

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@caska said:

@adequatelyprepared: I went last year to pax and ended up not doing as well as I'd hoped in my exams the week after... Not to say pax was to blame for it, but it probably didn't help :P

Just a questions for Aussies: Are exams at University typically the week after PAX occurs across the whole country?

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: really depends on the university, but most of them do two semesters per year meaning exams will sit around June for semester 1 and around November for semester 2. The exact dates will vary across universities but they'll generally fall in that time frame.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@caska said:

@monkeyking1969: really depends on the university, but most of them do two semesters per year meaning exams will sit around June for semester 1 and around November for semester 2. The exact dates will vary across universities but they'll generally fall in that time frame.

Ah, I see. In US some schools to two semesters, and some do Trimesters (three semester) between Sept and May. So for us too, exams & breaks are all over the place.

computerandy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

3rd year in a row with a 3 day badge. can't wait. Thankfully my university exams wrap up the week before.

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll add that its my 3rd year in a row as well with the 3 day.

Any people attending go to the meet up the first year? or the card games last year?

Also, Studying graphic design, so no exams! Probably going to struggle to find a job though!

suters82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fissionmailed10: this will be my 3rd year attending with all 3 days again also. Keen for a catch up, few beers, feed, a game or even (giant)bomb a panel of some description!

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fissionmailed10 who were you again? Sorry I meet so many people at PAX and I want to make sure I know who you are :P

Was thinking about setting up another Giant Bomb Community Meetup on one of the nights. Who would be keen? I'm working at the show 99% of the time (doing a crazy 6 hour indie stream for each day!) but would love to catch up again. It seriously was the highlight of PAX that year, which was pretty insane considering the news we received about Ryan a week previously.

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FissionMailed10

I'm Mark, went to the first meetup, and played cards with you last year.

You also texted me about a meetup which fuckhead me forgot to reply to, sorry by the way, busy with work and wrapping up uni for this year.

suters82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Grant. We haven't met.

plato84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yo! I'mma be there!

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fissionmailed10 MARK! You're in my phone as Mark. I know you as Mark. Fissionmailed10 is the unknown quantity here!

I'll get a thread going today and start looking at venue options. I know @wezmon is keen to meetup again as is Alexi (forgot his username on GB)

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This'll be my third year with a three-day also. I kind of picked up a crew last year somehow by talking to Omegathon audience folks? If there's a meet up planned I'd like to not flake on it like I did the first year; I'm turning up in Melbourne early and leaving late, but my pax schedule is basically Omegathon and tabletop now that I've learned what I like.

Cammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Attending this year, 3 day too, went to the 1st but couldn't make it last year. Had a really good time meeting some of the guys at the first meet up too, although I'm probably not remembered ha. Keen for something this year too if it's happening?

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, created the meetup thread http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/giant-bomb-meetup-pax-australia-2015-edition-1784155/