Games @ Pax

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Hello all this is my second PAX. If I remember I thought last year told us which games would be at PAX east I cannot seem to find them anywhere. If anyone can find them or anyone from PAX South remembers the highlights please let us know. Thanks :)

Wolfenhex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wolfenhex

As an exhibitor, I've never been asked by Reed (the company that runs PAX) or PAX itself what game I'll be showing in my booth. If a list like that exists, it wasn't done through anything official and I'm sure a lot of it is speculation. It's possible this was done before I ever took part in PAX.

I actually wish they did do this, most indies are known by their game name, not their studio name.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Go to the Indie Mega Booth. And check out any small or unknown games you see.

When I went last year there were lines for Evolve and Evil Within but the Indie games are what still stand out to me. It's pretty amazing to have that insider knowledge about a lesser known game so early.

Wolfenhex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa said:

Go to the Indie Mega Booth. And check out any small or unknown games you see.

When I went last year there were lines for Evolve and Evil Within but the Indie games are what still stand out to me. It's pretty amazing to have that insider knowledge about a lesser known game so early.

And then go to the indie games outside of the MegaBooth, because there is often more of them and they need love too. They're even lesser known being outside of the MegaBooth.

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Maybe I just heard it through the grapevine but I remember going to games like: hyper light drifter, shovel knight, and roundabout and I do not know the studios maybe I read it on some forum or something. I def. spend most of my time in the mega booth. The only "big game" if you want to call it that I played was transistor.

Wolfenhex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamin724 said:

I def. spend most of my time in the mega booth.

This is something I don't like about the Indie MegaBooth and why I feel PAX South was great without it. Take a look at this map:

No Caption Provided

The majority of those 10x10 booths is an indie game and so are a good amount of the 10x20 booths. There are 90 10x10 booths outside of the Indie MegaBooth, there's only 43 booths (of all sizes) inside of the MegaBooth (not counting the MiniBooth and Tabletop area). Think about how many indie games are being missed out on because everyone focus on the MegaBooth. It results in the MegaBooth being very crowded with people and all these other games just sitting there desperate for someone to stop by (I've seen booths not be visited for over an hour). The MegaBooth is where the popular indie games that everyone's heard of are with a good amount by big name indie studios. If you want to play unknown indie games, adventure outside of the MegaBooth.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I would suggest getting the PAX East Guidebook app and browse the list of developers and publishers to get an idea what will be there. The bigger publishers like Nintendo and Square Enix will have a wide variety of games to choose from. Definitely hit the Indie Megabooth since that's often where the coolest stuff is. And honestly, unless you're only going to be at PAX for a day, you'll be able to walk around and see just about everything. I tend to have a small checklist of booths I need to see, but mostly I go in blind.

Oh and Iron Galaxy will probably have some new version of Divekick.