Did you get a ticket?

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

I was planning to make the trip to Seattle for PAX Prime this year. After years of sitting on the sidelines, I told myself this would be the PAX. Set up my Google Alerts, watched the site, followed to twitter account and got into the queue too late.

Did you get a ticket? Follow-up: any suggestions for someone looking for a ticket not wanting to pay 4X the ticket price?

MarkJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MarkJW

Suggestions for getting a ticket? Sure.

If you live in Seattle, stand outside the convention and try to buy one from someone. Scalper or legit person, whatever it takes, make sure you go to a badge check booth to make sure it's legit.

If you don't live in Seattle: eBay or Craigslist. I don't know of any other alternative. I don't think the official forum allows people to sell badges (it didn't when I still went there).

If you want guaranteed access to future PAXen forever and don't mind volunteering your time: become an Enforcer. It's worth it, trust me. It's too late to become one for Prime this year though. PAX South and PAX East next year will probably need more though.

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By jacobmccourt

@markjw Thanks for your suggestions. I'm from Canada - so I really need to secure tickets before I go. You've been an Enforcer before? How far did you travel to be an Enforcer?

MarkJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MarkJW

@markjw Thanks for your suggestions. I'm from Canada - so I really need to secure tickets before I go. You've been an Enforcer before? How far did you travel to be an Enforcer?

I used to live in Jacksonville, Florida and fly to Boston and Seattle every year for PAX. Now I'm in Sacramento, CA and it's not that far of a flight to get to Seattle (still a bit to get to Boston though). I've been an Enforcer since East 2013. It's totally worth it. Did I mention the afterparties and E-fellowship?