Best PC-Exclusive Games

doomguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, i've recently got myself properly involved in the PC platform, with the purchase of a new gaming laptop. It's not exactly the best out there but I can play any game being released currently with no issues whatsoever.

I work away a lot and spend a lot of nights sat in a hotel room trying to find stuff to play through steam. Whilst I've enjoyed my first forays into PC gaming (XCOM 2, Total War: Warhammer), i'm looking for some games i can only play on the PC platform (I've recently become enamoured with achieving trophies on my PS4 so tend to gravitate towards playing games on that platform if the option is available).

So, any suggestions for games i can only get through steam? I'll play pretty much any type of video game. I currently find myself waiting for Gears 4 (fuck keeping my xbox one since microsoft has given me the option) but would like a few more options for over summer.

Thanks,

Khyl

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By onarum
doomguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum: Thanks, i remember hearing some stuff about Kerbal Space Program before, maybe in the game of the year discussions, i'll check them out

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Deus Ex

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomguy2: it's pretty fantastic :) GBEAST did an entire series on it, one of the best this site has ever done ever.

doomguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum: Oh cool, i'll check the series out now. Just got Machinarium in the steam sale, looks like a cool aesthetic.

doomguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivermetimbers: Played Human Revolution back on 360 but can't remember too much about it at all. Never played any of the older ones, Mankind Divided looks interesting.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By Slag

Off the top of my head recent-ish stuff

• MOBAs- DOTA 2/League of Legends
  • RTS- Starcraft II
  • 4X- Civilization series
  • CRPGs- Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's gate series
  • City Builders : Cities: Skylines
  • First person Melee : Chivalry

really there's tons of stuff, a lot of great indie games come to PC first and then console later.

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dafdiego777

The Civ series (Specifically the complete edition of Civ 5) is a really good place to start. Not sure if you're a big mmo guy, but I've had a fun time with Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic is a good choice for something free-to-play.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd say hop on GOG and pickup Freespace 2. It's still a great game - unmodded, it looks pretty all right, but modded, it looks pretty great! Even with this renewal of the space-sim genre, I don't think you'll find a game that plays like the old 90's sims do, and Freespace 2 is the one that holds up the best.

I've lost many hours to Mount and Blade Warband. It's really "PC"-like. There's a fairly steep learning curve, as it just kind of dumps you into the game, but once I got into it, it sank its teeth in deep.

Guild Wars 2 - even if you don't get into the end-game stuff, if you've never played and aren't coming in expecting anything in particular, I think the leveling process is fun.

City Skylines is a great game to just chill out to.

If you haven't played Vampire the Masquerade, it's worth checking out. It'll need patching, but it was developed by Troika, which has its roots in Black Isle, which blah blah Obsidian Entertainment. So it's buggy as hell, but is also a hell of an RPG.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@doomguy2 said:

@shivermetimbers: Played Human Revolution back on 360 but can't remember too much about it at all. Never played any of the older ones, Mankind Divided looks interesting.

The first Deus Ex is worth it, I think. It takes awhile to get used to, but there's a reason why people reinstall and play it every so often. The amount of choice that game has is definitely staggering. You will have to download a launcher to get it running well on modern PCs (at least I had to, this is with the Steam version). So keep that in mind.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By katpottz

Try checking out Empire Earth or any of the Age of Empires games if your down for some old school RTS.

https://www.gog.com/game/empire_earth_gold_edition

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

3D Pinball - Space Cadet

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

System Shock 2 and Planescape Torment

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: How dare you mention city builders and not mention Banished! Best city builder ever!

In all seriousness, I recommend Civ 5 to anybody and have never got a negative response for that referral. Craft the world is another great game if you like crafting games. oh and Banished. Buy Banished. You should really buy Banished.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jagged Alliance 2 and Arcanum, also Xcom , Baldur;s Gate 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Counter Strike Go, Half Life 2, Portal 1&2

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@upperdecker: heh, well I haven't played it and I was just pulling the first things I could think of from memory. I didn't even include an entire genre I should have (Point and click adventure games).

Glad you liked it tho!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Came here to say Total War and Civ. Civ VI out later this year. Civ V still a hell of a deal.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Actually, Kerbal Space Program, Assetto Corsa, XCOM 2, Stardew Valley, Portal 1&2, Half Life 2: have all gone to consoles or going soon, so they're not really PC exclusives.

Solitaire, Myst, World of Warcraft, Heretic, Beyond Earth, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Obduction