G700 Alternative

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I've been using a Logitech G700 series mouse for what feels like the better part of 6 or 7 years. I fear that my mouse is dying as my right click is intermittently working and this is becoming a huge hindrance while playing games like Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood or World of Warcraft: Legion. With the G700 no longer being produced I'm forced to find an equivalent mouse to fit my needs or pay out the ass to get another one.

The issue I'm finding in my research are mice that look equivalent but lack the buttons of the g700 (which is a 13 button mouse to be precise), or look bulky and cumbersome.

I'm looking at a Logitech G602 which is close to what I'm currently using but appears to be wireless only. Wireless only isn't that big of a deal to me as I don't care too much about the very minor latency issues that come up with this but I was just curious if people have other recommendations.

The Logitech G502 looks very nice but lacks the buttons I want but I could adjust if needed.

I know the Razer Deathadders have tons of buttons but it looks like my thumb could get lost easily. Steel Series has a new mouse out too but I don't have much experience with them. https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-600

Love to hear what people are using these days.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Roccat has some pretty badass mice, the Nyth might be close to what you're looking for. Not cheap though. Also take a look at Corsair's offering, the Scimitar sounds close as well. I used to play a lot of ARMA and used the Naga & Scimitar, these days I stick with the G502 and really like it but more (easier to reach) buttons would be nice. Let us know what you end up going with and what ya think!

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Let me know if you find one that works, I'm dreading when my G700 dies.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no experience with multi-button (MMO/MOBA-oriented) mice, but I will give SteelSeries a shout for comfort and quality. I have a Rival 300, which meets my needs nicely, and is very comfortable in hand (I use a claw grip primarily). Their software for changing mouse settings, and setting up game-specific profiles, is fairly user-friendly, as well.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Roccat Kone EMP RGB Optical is by far the best mouse I've come across in a very long time and has a very similar shape to some of the old Logitech G series. Think of it as a fancy looking take on the classic MX500.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Corsair has mouses with tons of Macro buttons. I'd start there.

the_devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been using a G602 for about 3 years. It's a really great mouse and they have excellent customer support. I fully recommend it.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G502 is a great mouse but if you play a lot MMO's you need a other one.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Been using a G602 for about 3 years. It's a really great mouse and they have excellent customer support. I fully recommend it.

Same.

The two mice I use daily are the 602 and a Logitech G403. Of the two I slightly prefer the 403 but if you're after extra buttons, the 602 is my choice. Batteries last for ages, too, unlike the 403's.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off thanks to everyone that piped in and gave a suggestion. I took a look at everything posted including looking at reviews and some youtube videos.

Amazon having the G602 for 50% has pretty much sealed the deal for me though. I'll be losing two buttons but it looks like it's the closest to what I'm already using.

If I don't like it I'm definitely going to try the Nyth or Scimitar though.

Thanks again everyone and I'll let you know how I like it in the future.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RetroMetal

Amazon literally has the G700 also...

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G700s-910-003584-Rechargeable-Gaming/dp/B00BFOEY3Y?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2F6RDUSIYCWQMFQ&tag=sa-sym-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BFOEY3Y

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-001436-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B003VAM32E/ref=pd_sbs_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B003VAM32E&pd_rd_r=8APXSYM3GP2RWVQ3TJVE&pd_rd_w=SlewV&pd_rd_wg=rBcw3&psc=1&refRID=8APXSYM3GP2RWVQ3TJVE

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon literally has the G700 also...

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G700s-910-003584-Rechargeable-Gaming/dp/B00BFOEY3Y?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2F6RDUSIYCWQMFQ&tag=sa-sym-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BFOEY3Y

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-001436-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B003VAM32E/ref=pd_sbs_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B003VAM32E&pd_rd_r=8APXSYM3GP2RWVQ3TJVE&pd_rd_w=SlewV&pd_rd_wg=rBcw3&psc=1&refRID=8APXSYM3GP2RWVQ3TJVE

Did you see the price on them? G700's when they were new ranged from 100 bucks at the most. I bought mine on sale for 70. As much as I love the mouse I'm not paying inflated prices when I can probably find cheaper alternatives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use a G900 and it does the job. It has great latency and I like the overall design. The battery life could be better though.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zirilius: I am currently using the Logitech G602 you mentioned. I LOVE it! The wireless doesn't bother me (I don't care about a ms of lag and don't play enough competitive shooters to care) and actually having it wireless is really nice. I really like the feel of it in my hands, and the weight is hefty enough to not feel like its cheap but still easy to move over long periods of time. The variety of buttons are great and all programmable. I highly recommend it.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zirilius

Just an update, if anyone cares, about my last two months with the mouse.

No Caption Provided

I will say that as an alternative to the G700 that I am very happy minus a couple of minor gripes. The biggest being the button placement and readjusting my muscle memory for what buttons are where. I have the hardest time hitting the G10 button but that is a button I don't have to hit regularly for my gaming needs.

The other thing is the size and weight. I really liked the size and weight of the G700 but the G602 feels just a little bit more bulky compared to the G700. Not in a way that hinders how I game since I mostly play MMO's but it did take a bit to get used to. This was only really noticeable while playing Heroes of the Storm since that is the only click heavy game I play.

Overall though I really like the feel of the mouse and the extra buttons on the thumb side. The G700's biggest problem was that G5 G6 G7 were next to the left click button which meant your hand constantly moving just slightly away from neutral. Not that that it was ever a problem for MMO's but even subtle movements sometimes can cause your mouse cursor to move just enough in heated battles for MOBAs. So not having to move my finders all the time has really helped with focus as well.

The size buttons are just as good as the G700 and I don't notice any significant lag while playing due to the wireless. It's also been 2.5 months and I have yet to change the batteries in it which surprised me with how often I was having to recharge my G700 if I used it wirelessly.

I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a gaming mouse with extra buttons but is turned off by the Naga's or the Scimitar's.