Soon I will be buying a new SSD (Current one is faulty) and was wondering if I would receive any benefit from installing windows 8 as well. IIRC windows will be stopping support for 7 in Jan 2015. I use my PC for gaming and internet browsing and that's pretty much it. I have several questions about windows 8.
1. Is it good? Do you use it? Do you like it?
2. What is the compatibility like? It has been out for a while now...does it support most hardware & software?
3. Does it have better performance? Is it better for gaming?
4. Can I turn off all the store stuff? Do I have to sigh in with/user a windows live id/account?
5. Can I disable features? I disable a lot of things in windows 7 that I don't use.
6. Should I wait to get windows 10?
As always I appreciate any information you can give.
i7 2600k |CM Hyper 212 | ASUS P8Z68-V PRO | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler | Crossover 27QW | Corsair HX 850 |Audio Technica ATH-A500x | Xonar Essence STX |OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD | 2TB WD HDD | CM 690 II Advanced