I've been living a 1080p60Hz life since around 2010 and have decided that, after the purchase of my RTX 3070, it may be finally time to move on to bigger and better things in the monitor space.
I initially thought this would be a relatively simple process but given the wide range of available options I'm now starting to doubt myself. I want to take full advantage of my new GPU but I'm not sure which monitor best suits my needs. Please help me.
My requirements are as follows:
- Must cost less than £500
- Must be an improvement on a 1080p60hz monitor (can't imagine this will be very difficult)
- Max size shouldn't be much more than 27"
- I mostly play singleplayer games, the notable exception being Modern Warfare but I have no illusions of being an eSports level player
- I have a 55" 4k60Hz TV which I have hooked up to my PC for the occasions when I can be bothered to use it
- Assume I have no knowledge of HDR, panel types etc.