PC games like the last of us?

ScarFaceNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Basically I'm looking for a 3rd person story driven shooter(preferably linear) FOR THE PC, the closest games I've played to the last of us would probably be Mafia 2 or the new Tomb Raider.

Please suggest games that have great settings and a great story like the last of us or mafia 2.

Games like this I've played: Mafia 1 & 2, Tomb Raider, all GTA games, all Max Payne games, The Evil Within, LA Noire, Sleeping Dogs, Gears of War 1, Spec Ops The Line.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

All suggestions are appreciated.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

The Hitman games, in particular Blood Money. Although they're not linear.

Binary Domain is a solid shooter with some fun quirks. An RPG like party system for example.

Warhammer 40K Space Marine is a good option.

If you like some horror: Dead Space is good. Resident Evil 4 is a classic. 5 is fun too but not as good.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mafia 2 and The Last of Us have very little similarities in how they feel, at least to me. Also, I wish I could recommend something, but that's a hard question to answer. Plus, I am not sure I can do it justice since you feel Mafia 2 and The Last of Us are similar in some manner, and since I don't feel that way, we obviously are not on the same level, which means even if I recommend something, I could be wrong. That said, I would say as Artisan has mentioned (though not exclusive to PC, as you may be hoping for), Dead Space is a good choice! Both 3rd person shooters, both are, or can be intense, and both have great atmospheric settings with great stories. I think Dead Space has a great story anyways.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Alan Wake.

aiden_cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and perhaps the Batman (asylum, City, Origins and Knight) games. Perhaps Deus Ex though i've never played it so i can't say for sure.

ScarFaceNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ScarFaceNinja

@ntm: My mistake i meant they are similar in the sense that both do a great job with atmosphere and both have a good story i didn't mean as in they both have similar themes of course lol

Turtlebird95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I got Alan Wake vibes when I played The Last of Us... so that? (It's like half as long though) I'd suggest waiting for a sale though. I got both Alan Wake and American Nightmare for like $4 in a bundle last holiday sale on Humble Bundle.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is an underrated gem. Really great choice if your looking to mix up your shooting with stealth. Going for an all stealth run is also incredibly fun.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a shooter but have you played Enslaved: Odyssey to the West? It has a similar story and it's fantastic.

It's also in the Humble Bundle right now.

ThatAintFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Motherfucking Alan Wake.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 73

#13 fisk0  Moderator

I mean, I am Alive has plenty of issues, but it's very much in the vein of The Last of Us and Spec Ops: The Line.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NTM

@scarfaceninja: Yeah, that's what I was thinking you meant, though wasn't sure. Above, Hypno mentions (which is yet another non-exclusive), Alan Wake, which is somewhat similar, and I think you'd like it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarfaceninja: Oh! And when it comes to Alan Wake, if you hadn't played it yet that is (and you really should), the atmosphere, sound design, and story are all top notch. The setting, when it comes to comparing to The Last of Us, is similar to the Utah section of that game. What I wanted to say though with this additional post, is that before you, or anyone else for that matter, plays Alan Wake, make sure to watch Bright Falls, which will be right here, as I'll post it.

Loading Video...

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hitman Absolution has segments that play very similar to The Last of Us. The story might not be nowhere near as affecting or complex, but it's enjoyable to play through.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameplay wise? The last of us controlled a lot like Manhunt to me(which is why I couldn't get into it), and i think manhunt was on pc. So manhunt IMO.

Random45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Random45

Alan Wake would be a good suggestion, but while it's vague now, I remember absolutely hating the ending because it MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. Other than that, it's a fantastic game, I remember enjoying the story quite a bit - until the end.