What combination of keyboard and mouse type do you use?

• 55 results
uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What combination of keyboard and mouse type do you use? (209 votes)

Regular keyboard and regular mouse 17%
Regular keyboard and Gaming mouse 27%
Gaming keyboard and regular mouse 2%
Gaming keyboard and Gaming mouse 51%
I only play consoles (show me the answers) 3%

I had a mechanical keyboard a few years ago and it failed spectacularly about a year in. Multiple keys stopped registering, the letters started rubbing off and it was so damn loud! Spent $100+ on the thing! What a waste. I had been fetishizing gaming keyboards for about a decade before that; the allure of LEDs, USB ports, programmable keys, volume and play controls in just the right spot... Well that was probably the last gaming keyboard I'll buy. I just like the feel of regular ass $10-20 ones you find wherever.

I do like a gaming mouse though because they way you jam on a mouse button feels unhealthy on a regular mouse, though I don't think I've ever broke one. I like a middle of the road logitech one with the thumb indent on the side. Mouse weights, though, amirite. I wish I had something to do with all these extra mouse weights. Yunno how there's some guy who collects vhs copies of Jerry Maguire, and some other guy who collects Speed vhs tapes, I should be that guy but for mouse weights and have like 20,000 lbs of mouse weights.

• 
Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RalphMoustaccio

I voted for "gaming keyboard and gaming mouse" because I guess that's technically what I have. I use the Corsair K70 keyboard and a Steelseries Rival 300 mouse.

I purchased them because they had good build quality and reviews, and pretty understated design. I really dislike obnoxious led coloration and design that screams "I'm a GAMER," on everything. I just want something that looks normal but performs better than something designed for daily office use. So far, so good in that respect.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have a normal (I guess?) mechanical keyboard. It's not "gaming" in the sense that there are no glowy lights, special gamer features, or anything else, and I haven't really felt any need for that sort of stuff yet. I use a Logitech G602 mouse, and before that, I had a G600. The side buttons are nice for binding to stuff in MMOs.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My keyboard is a Ducky One. It's not explicitly advertised as a gaming board but I'm counting it anyways since it shares many of the same features.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Y2Ken

I chose "gaming keyboard and gaming mouse" (they're both Razer), but in all honesty I wouldn't consider either of them specifically gaming peripherals per se, I like them just as much for their standard functionality as I do for playing games. Even in a bizarro world where I stopped playing games altogether, I would continue using them and would buy similar hardware in the future.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ezekiel

K120 keyboard that I bought used from a shop and a Turtle Beach Grip 300. I preferred the feel of my SteelSeries Rival 300, but the rubber grip was terrible, as it dissolved away, and the middle button wasn't scrolling correctly anymore. TB Grip 300 is fine for the price, though. But I didn't realize how much I hated mouse LEDs until the light was reflecting onto my screen as I lay in bed watching a movie. SteelSeries at least has software that allows you to disable it. I tried to open up the mouse and break the LEDs, but was disappointed to find that it has unscrewable screws. It's tolerable if I push the mouse slightly out of the way.

Goronmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logitech G13 and a Mionix Avior 7000...and technically also a Corsair K65 Compact keyboard for actual typing.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Logitech G710+ keyboard and Razer... Deathadder? I think? Mouse.

Both have been super comfortable for me for several years now. You can call them "gamer" peripherals if you want to, I just enjoy using them.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

Strafe RGB (Brown) and a Rival 300. I used to jump between different mice and keyboards regularly but stopping watching Linus Tech Tips videos cured me of that affliction.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I use a Corsiar K65 keyboard and a Logitech G700s mouse. I use the programable buttons on the mouse more in Word and Excel than I do in games, but I've used them in MMOs before.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corsair K70 with brown switches and a Logitech G Pro mouse.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Monkeyman04

Mouse: Logitech G9x Keyboard: Some Dynex pos.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Shivoa

I have a Logitech slim keyboard (low profile keys over some decent scissors) so about as far from a mechanical keyboard as you can get but also... it's a low-travel soft actuation keyboard so actually very gaming-oriented (on a budget). TBH, if I was going for a mechanical keyboard then I'd actually go at least Cherry MX Browns (if not Blues) and so those are absolutely not gamer-focused keyboards (which should come with Reds) but rather for how much time I spend typing for work. So I don't think it's correct to say gaming vs regular when you're apparently talking expensive mechanical vs not. My keyboard is maybe not explicitly gamer focused but does have several of the traits (I find low profile much easier to jump around on while hitting secondary keys and even some of the mechanical keyboards for gaming are now going with modified switches that activate early).

As for mice - I really don't think you can avoid gaming mice if you care about gaming. At the extreme end of that then you can insist on a perfectly linear sensor/processor on the mouse so (when you disable acceleration on the OS side) there is no acceleration or angle snapping. I'm not a purist and go for shape over tracking perfection - I've been using the same shaped mouse ever since the Logitech MX700 first arrived and so, for gaming and wired, have gone through the various MX500/MX518/G5/G400 as one mouse has worn out, broken, or just become so dirty as to be time for a new model. Buttons over/under the wheel and on the thumb are basically essential to how I play games and even in the desktop I'm used to shift/ctrl being on my mouse thumb when doing basic interactions (as simple as selecting multiple things in a folder).

agenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Regular Keyboard and Gaming Mouse, though my keyboard isn't really a "regular" keyboard. I have a WASD Code Keyboard with clears. It's not made for gaming it's more made for productivity and just being a badass keyboard, so I didn't think it qualified for gaming keyboard since it doesn't have any bells and whistles really.

For my mouse I use a Logitech G700s, not because its wireless but because it had the right amount of additional buttons. I really like the shape of Logitech mice and use the buttons to control spotify/music bee and to pull out grenades in CS:GO.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I suppose Steelseries are considered gaming peripherals? I have the Sensei for mouse and 6gv2 for keyboard. They are both very plain, sturdy and practical. No weird lights, no macro buttons. Just good equipment. I've had them both for years, and they work just as well as when I first got them. Very happy with the purchase.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for gamer/gamer though I hate that term. I have a Corsair K70 keyboard with Browns and opted for this one specifically because it didn't have 5 million colors, macro keys, or any of that MLG nonsense.

Same with my mouse. I have a Razer Deathadder because it's simple but it feels really nice.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

So this is my setup.

I have Razer Deathadder mouse (which is a gaming mouse)
also have a Leopold FC660C for typing (Topre switches have the best feel I find for typing)
and Razer Obweaver keypad for gaming

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Right now I'm on a Logitech g710+ keyboard and a Steelseries Sensei mouse. I love the mouse but I'm a bit ambivalent about the keyboard; it's feature-full but both of the last two copies I've owned have had bad spacebar spreaders, so hitting the spacebar won't always result in a space if you're tapping too far to either side of the spacebar. Still, I don't think I could go back to a keyboard without a volume scrollwheel now. Too handy.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Cherry mechanical keyboard, which isn't for 'gaming' I suppose, and a Logitech G502 which is I guess. I have the G502 cause of the size, weight, and sensor though, not because it's 'gamer'.

KrayzeeGloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm rockin' a Corsair K70 with MX Red switches and a Razer Death Adder for my mouse!

I tell you what, if you're even remotely into or interested in playing competitive games, go with the MX Red switches. The linear, high actuation point switches have been a godsend in terms of the fluidity of my play, and it effectively increases your reaction time considering your keystrokes get registered earlier. And while it took a little bit to get used to typing on it due to the high actuation point, I found that I grew to love the "bouncy" feeling these switches provide when you're in the typing zone.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lv4Monk

I actually prefer as basic a keyboard as I can find but could never go back to a non-gaming mouse. Low dpi and lack of buttons sounds brutal.

On that note I don't think I could ever use another mouse that didn't have the option for "friction-less scroll wheel", even if just for navigating webpages.

@stressedoutcat: I have no idea what that is but it looks incredible.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logitech G810 , and Logitech Pro Gaming Mouse. I like the way Logitech stuff looks, and they perform great as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ducky One TKL and Logitech G203.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By winsord

Corsair K95 w/ Cherry MX Red switches, and a Logitech G502 mouse. I like the keyboard, but I could live with a regular one; for a mouse I want as much DPI as possible, I leave it on 12000. They keyboard is really fun for Stepmania, still happy I bought it.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal keyboard, gaming mouse. A special keyboard is nice, but isn't NEARLY as mind-blowing as getting a mouse that has buttons on it.

Even for internet browsing, back/forward buttons are amazing.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a basic keyboard and a gaming mouse. At this point though I only use my mouse for the high DPI and, never bother to bind anything to the extra two buttons.

agenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stressedoutcat That Leopold is a beaut. Definitely want to go topre in the future.

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regular keyboard and Gaming mouse because I think ergonomic keyboards are better than gaming keyboards.

Except Kinesis is now coming out with the first ergonomic gaming keyboard.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agenta: thanks, I would definitely recommend the FC660C if you want a 60%, if you want tenkeyless or full keyboard I recommend the Realforce made by Topre.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By monetarydread

Corsair K70 with Cherry-Reds with a Logitech Proteus Core mouse.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dezztroy

I use a Qpad 5k mouse. It's the most comfortable mouse I've used and since I got my first one 7 years ago or whatever, I've never wanted to use anything else.

Keyboard is an old first-model Logitech G15 that somehow still works (most of the LEDs are broken though).

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaming+gaming I supposed, Logitech G710+ as the keyboard and G900 as the mouse.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FacelessVixen

Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm Devastator, but I'm counting it as a regular keyboard for all intents and purposes. Membrane keys with blue LEDs. Not exactly the K70 Rapidfire I have my eyes on.

Mouse: Logitech G300s, and I take the time to rebind things to the extra buttons so that my keyboard hand is only using WASD (movement), space (jump), F (interact), and left shift (sprint), while my mouse bindings are analogous to face buttons, bumpers and triggers on a controller.

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Use a Razer Black Widow keyboard which I like, but have to admit I overpaid for and a Logitech G402 mouse which I have actually enjoyed using over some other more expensive alternatives. If you are in the market for either just make sure you shop around. There are plenty of cheaper perfectly good products out there.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I use a Razer Black Widow 2016 Edition keyboard and a Razer Death Adder Chroma mouse.

Avioto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After using a keypad for a while, I can't go back to regular keyboards for gaming. You have quick access to way more buttons. I used to get Orbweavers but they all died after a couple of months, Razer's quality control is an absolute nightmare. I am currently using a Logitech G13 and it's way better. I really hope they'll release a new version in the future with mechanical keys.

My current setup: Logitech G13 - Asus RoG Claymore - Logitech G502

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a basic Trust keyboard and a Roccat Tyon mouse. Nothing exciting.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By musclerider

I use a COUGAR 700K and 700M because you're not really playing PC games unless your keyboard and mouse are brighter than your monitor half the time.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corsair "gaming" Strafe with Cherry MX red switches, and a good ol' Logitech g502... The one without programmable LED, because that's just silly. My keyboard has programmable LED though, because that's awesome. This is all indisputable.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I use a Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Red switches with a Logitech g700s mouse. The mouse works well, but can't really hold a charge for long so I keep it plugged in 90% of the time. The keyboard is the best I've ever had and I am considering getting another for work, maybe with brown switches because I love typing on it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What constitutes a "gaming keyboard?"

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal + Normal. I bought a $20 keyboard and mouse combo from newegg. Never have felt that I needed more.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dislike mechanical keyboards, the keys are too hard to press and too loud, after trying for a couple years to get into them i went back to regular cheap keyboards and they are miles better in every way, just have to make sure they allow for multiple button presses for gaming, i tried one which wouldn't let me press W+D+Shift (walk forward and right). So far my favorite keyboard of all time is a Dell KB212, in UK layout.
Mouse wise i using gaming mice, i haven't tried a basic optical mouse in a very long time, playing cs1.5 when i noticed my ordinary optical mouse couldn't keep up with my fast hand movements so i got a Razer Diamondback, after using Razer for a while i switched to my latest go to which is the Finalmouse, it's good but i think there's probably something more comfortable for my hand out there somewhere.

darknovember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By darknovember

Normal/Normal.

Keyboard: Been using a Logitech Tablet Keyboard in lieu of my laptop's Steelseries built-in keyboard (Maaaan. does the Steelseries give me cramps while in the typing zone for extended periods of time).

Mouse: Logitech Performance MX (w/ Darkfield). I... don't think I will ever want to use another mouse. Have had it for almost 8 years. I fear its rechargeable battery is beginning to fail, and lately, single-clicking has been causing double-clicking, seemingly randomly. But, holy shit if this $90 mouse isn't the most ergonomic and esthetically-pleasing peripheral I've owned.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You could say I'm not particularly competitive.....feet up, armrest mousepad, lap keyboard. comfort >performance haha

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sinusoidal

Leopold mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blues (clackity clack motherfucker!) and a marathon mouse.

For those down on mechanicals, I encourage you to try different switches. "Gamer" keyboard usually use Cherry MX Reds, which are very easy to press and have no actuation click and are my least favorite. Blues are loud as hell and frickin awesome.

agenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Have to agree, I prefer clears overall just due to the loudness of blues. Mechs are all about finding the one that fits you the best. Switch testers, or living close to a store that sells mechs is the best way to test them out.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I have the most basic logitech keyboard you can get, works great, if it breaks any store will have another and it was like 10-15 bucks!

But my mouse is a razer deathadder, need some good thumb buttons.

Pixelrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What make something gaming other than the marketing? I have a corsair strafe (cherry mx blue) mechanical keyboard and a corsair sabre mouse. Beyond the branding they are pretty standard, but I guess they count as gaming since they say so on the box.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#50 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I guess my keyboard could be considered a "gaming" keyboard. It's a mechanical keyboard with a windows key lockout so I can't accidentally hit the windows key while playing games. I have a Logitech G700s mouse.