Fusions and when I should do it

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all. First, sorry if this is listed somewhere. I ran a search but it came up with no results and I'm trying not to scroll through the topics here because I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum with regards to the story/characters.

So fusions. I've done a few but I rarely end up using the Personas that come out of it. I've a level 34 persona (dunno the name of it) which has pretty good stats. Better stats than any of the ones I can make from fusing others together.

With the amount of personas in the game, I feel like I must be missing something when I'm still using the same persona I got at about level 20. I've just reached the point where I have access to, but not the personas for cross/pentagonal/hex fusions.

So should I be fusing more? Should I be using the higher level guys I fuse and level them up? Will they get more powerful than the guy I currently use or can I just keep using the guy I have and feeding him stat cards I receive after battles?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Fuse all the time, always make sure you have the highest level Persona of a certain type (whether that type is it's arcana or it's role is your decision) and make sure they have the best moves possible.

You shouldn't be levelling Personas (Personae?) up, it takes way too long and by the time they are a good level you will be a much higher level at which point you should just fuse a better one.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like the previous post says, when you have an excess amount of Persona, fuse them all together (except for the main one you're using of course). You'll eventually want to switch of course, because even if you keep boosting its stats up, you'll eventually be using skills that are far below what is needed for the dungeon. You also want to fuse Personae together simply to fill out the compendium, because further on down the road, when you start to do the quad-fusions and up, it'll save you a significant amount of time if you already have the Persona discovered.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Levius

Always, always fuse, the game is so much easier if you have a stable of personae for any situation. I don't think I have ever used a stat card.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Make sure when you fuse that you're reading the abilities and re-roll if necessary. Always, ALWAYS register the persona.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l4wd0g said:

Make sure when you fuse that you're reading the abilities and re-roll if necessary. Always, ALWAYS register the persona.

In Golden, you don't need to reroll. You can pick inherited skills, which is a godsend.

Anyway, OP, the game is balanced around the fact that your most powerful Personas will be coming from fusions, rather than from sticking with one or two and levelling them up (which is a bit strange considering how much Izanagi is tied to the MC in related media, when in reality the game's mechanics mean that you'll be ditching Izanagi soon after the first dungeon). So fuse whenever you feel is appropriate really, it's very difficult to get yourself stuck in a corner with this stuff.

As an extra tip, if you're just trying to increase S. Links, abuse the compendium and purchase the cheapest Persona of the arcana the S. Link is if you don't already have one. It'll rank up faster that way, and there will be less time spent where a rank-up doesn't occur.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@adequatelyprepared: I need to pick up Golden. That is fantastic. I must have spent hours rerolling those personas.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: I'll start fusing more so and using the newer ones. The stats don't get passed down through fusion right? Just abilities? I have noticed that I'm using abilities less and my team mates seem to be getting all the next levels of abilities, doing medium damage etc while I'm still on light.

@adequatelyprepared: In relation to your tip message, do you need a persona of a certain Arcana in your current roster in order to get S.Links to go higher? I thought they were time based up until now and was wondering why nobody wanted to get closer to me. Jerks.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jesus_phish: The higher level skills come from fusions. The only time you really want to level a persona is to get a skill that you want to pass down.

And you should always carry a persona of the right arcana into SLs, sometimes its required but you always get a bonus when you do.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@jesus_phish: If you chose to hang out with someone while having a card of their arcana you earn an extra point towards the next rank. Having an extra 10 to 15 points over the course of 10 ranks will probably save you a date or two.

Even if you aren't going to use the persona from your fusions you are gonna get to use them in more fusions. You'll probably only end up using 20 of the around 200 personas in battle, but getting as many as possible is going to make things easier.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, thanks for all the advice guys. I'd never have figured out the S.Link stuff and I'd probably have hit a wall at some point by not fusing personas and using them.