Am I the only one who awaits Endurance Run Persona 5?

• 63 results
Noli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

After finishing P5 2 months ago, and recently starting new game plus on the hardest difficulty, I do kind of want to see Vinny and Jeff playing through Persona 5 in Endurance Run format. I know it's impossible and they will not do such thing, but I do have hope and that's fine by me. Just knowing how story goes on, I am sure Jeff and Vinny will find this game great, however it's still JRPG which means they will have problems with... typical JRPG thingies.

Do you guys and girls want to see ER Persona 5? Would be great right? Chances are around 0.000001%, but it's always something. This year had couple of great JRPGs, now I kind of want to know what future holds for us.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By liquiddragon

They are more focused on premium content and they did an endurance run recently so they are off the hook for awhile (not that they are on the hook). Also, I'll don't think they'll do another long form Persona content again, like ever. Cross country episodic content doesn't sound good to me either.

I 2nd thought, never though they were gonna do another ER so I guess all bets are off.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Persona games are like 60-80 hours long. I don't expect that to happen again.

Besides I hope people just play the game themselves. It's always disheartening to hear about people who watched the ER and then played the game after.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OurSin_360

I doubt this happens anytime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like they specifically won't do a Persona endurance run just because it would reignite the continual pleading for more endurance runs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48350594a61
deactivated-5a48350594a61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Persona 5 Endurance Run would be cool and a dream of mine but at this point I'm ready to just play it myself.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not be surprised to see some form of persona 5 content appear past just a simple quick look. Maybe some GBeast play dates with persona so we can get some Vinny action on the new Persona and Dan's reactions to anime. I feel pretty confident in saying we won't see a daily episodic style of endurance run like Persona 4 though.

buttle826

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Why does that dishearten you? I wouldn't have even known about Persona 4 if not for the Endurance Run, and now I consider it one of my favorite games of all time. And It made me look back to Persona 3, which I also love.

I could understand if you said that you would be bummed if people watch an entire play-through and then never buy the game, because I do think that can be a huge bummer.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see GB East do an endurance run of this game.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like they specifically won't do a Persona endurance run just because it would reignite the continual pleading for more endurance runs.

I think it will happen, but with the Yakuza series happening and the (hopefully) shenmue 2 ER happening it will probably be a long time before they do the brand new Persona 5 until months or a year after release. I think Dan is convincing them to do more long ER like series of games, which is a good thing.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FrostyRyan

@buttle826: It just disheartens me to see people watch an entire playthrough of a game before playing said game themselves, especially one as amazing as P4.

but you're right, it's great that it introduced Persona to people.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that this will happen at all, and if it did, I don't think it would be what I want. To me, the original ER was magical because it was two people who knew nothing about the Persona series (or very little at most) falling in love with a game they initially didn't particularly care for. At this point, the crew knows what Persona is, so that kind of experience probably can't happen again. Also, the only two people I'd want to see do it, now that Austin is no longer a part of GBeast, are Jeff and Vinny, who are on opposite sides of the country. I think the most we're gonna get here is an extended Quick Look and maybe some GBeast playdates.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@thenewgameplusdotcom said:

I think it will happen, but with the Yakuza series happening and the (hopefully) shenmue 2 ER happening it will probably be a long time before they do the brand new Persona 5 until months or a year after release. I think Dan is convincing them to do more long ER like series of games, which is a good thing.

I would not bet on a Shenmue 2 ER, since the only one who enjoyed doing the first one was Dan and that was more because he took a sadistic bent to it and enjoys making people play bad games, see that and Mario Party Party.

Also I don't think they're interested in doing P5 for reasons other people have stated, and the people interested in doing ERs now (Dan, Drew expressed liking it) aren't the people who did the P4 ER.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: i think shenmue 2 is happening,honestly it has to happen! Jeff and vinny ever doing another endurance run together will never happen, but that shouldn't stop a persona 5 one from happening. East crew will be the only endurance runners i think.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: i think shenmue 2 is happening,honestly it has to happen! Jeff and vinny ever doing another endurance run together will never happen, but that shouldn't stop a persona 5 one from happening. East crew will be the only endurance runners i think.

I just don't think anyone on staff has interest in doing either of those.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

No Vinny/Jeff combo, no P5 ER

Those two are the ONLY people at GB I would care to hear their opinion of the game, maybe Drew as production as well

Kvel2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Kvel2D

Persona 5 took me 110 hours and I think the average is somewhere around that too. That's what ... 150 hours in GB time? Feels like too much even for an Endurance run.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should make Dan play it while Vinny coaches him. It's time for Dan to evolve into his true anime form

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By redyoshi

The only reason I would want this to happen would be because if Vinny got to play this for a GB feature, he'd probably be able to get through it by the end of the year, whereas I don't think he'd have the time to do it otherwise. But do I want a P5 ER just the sake of having one? Nah. I'd much rather see them play some other game, especially since I'm going to be playing P5 on release anyway.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're setting yourself up for disappoint because:

1. It's most likely not gonna happen and...

2. Even if it does happen NOTHING will capture the magic of the original Endurance Run. It's such an iconic, legendary feature of this site.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Temper your expectations. I like to see a Persona 5 endurance run too but knowing their track record. It's not going to happen any time soon. If it's going to happen.

CompanionPube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing a non Jeff/Vinny P5 ER either.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is definitively not Happening. Jeff has stated it multiple times, and they very much firmly confirmed it in the reddit AMA. There will be no persona 5 ER , period. Its time we all move on :)

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rather have more frequent Beast In The East than a P5 endurance run...

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably.

tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By devise22

Nobody on the West coast side of things will ever sit down to do an Endurance run of a game again. Especially Brad and Jeff though. Like seriously. Those guys barely can keep their attention to a 2 hour UPF anymore. The "I've been doing this for fucking ever" burn I think means we don't see that type of long form content. I mean think of all the long form content we've had since the early GB days? It's mostly been Vinny, Drew, and Dan. We haven't even gotten a Breaking Brad in a while and the last one that was really a straight playthrough was Volgar since Bradborne was a Platinum hunt. Where as we've gotten Shenmu, Contradiction, Until Dawn, all the MGS, and now Yakuza from the others.

Because the only way a new Persona Endurance run would work is if it's Vinny/Jeff as well, I just don't see it. Maybe they try to squeeze it on during GOTY when they are all down, but I doubt that with all the stuff they do. They'd pretty much have to make the GOTY about that endurance run for those two.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's not happening. thanks for the multiple old ER thread bumps and thinly veiled brad hate, tho.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: It just wouldn't be the same. Half of the staff are on the east coast and a Persona Endurance Run without Ryan would just feel wrong.

Mimakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny and jeff were amazingly funny on the P5 Ql ,which made me so sad to think they cna't play through the game through.. They could do it once a week or two, and it would still be amazingly funny and cool, i ssoo hope they change their minds. its was my favorite quick look on the site by far. Something about persona games that clicks with the humour of Jeff and vinny, and also makes for good GB shows..

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: It just wouldn't be the same. Half of the staff are on the east coast and a Persona Endurance Run without Ryan would just feel wrong.

Ryan wasn't even part of the Persona 4 endurance run.

Okinopolytrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Okinopolytrans
PatMacPatsteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be very surprised if they do an ER...
Just call it "Personin with J&V" and make it premium only, seems to be the way to go nowadays to get around the promise of "whatever is free will stay free" while still not technically breaking it. Totally understandable from a business-perspective but still a bummer.

RagingFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RagingFlower

I've toyed with the idea, but it's just a silly dream. They need to move on and try other things.

It would be nice to see a review though! Haha.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OmegaChosen

Would I love it? Yes I would. From the short time we had with them on the QL, I have no doubt an ER would be great. However, things are different now and I have no expectations that one is or ever will be forthcoming. And that's fine, really. Am I sad about it? A bit but that's life.

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you are.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love that. As none of the current content holds much appeal right now, and that QL was excellent. But we already got one thread about this. And it's also pretty much confirmed it won't happen, sadly.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By BoOzak

EDIT: Didnt realise this thread was necro'd sorry for the reply ;p

@frostyryan said:

Besides I hope people just play the game themselves. It's always disheartening to hear about people who watched the ER and then played the game after.

At the rate they're going through Yakuza 0 it could easily take that long.

And yes I would like a P5 endurance run but it probably wont happen.

Also as someone who played through Persona 3 FES because of the P4 endurance run I can confirm that I would rather watch someone play these games than play them myself.

(I dont mind JRPGs but I find the Persona games especially grindy)

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

EDIT: Didnt realise this thread was necro'd sorry for the reply ;p

@frostyryan said:

At the rate they're going through Yakuza 0 it could easily take that long.

And yes I would like a P5 endurance run but it probably wont happen.

Also as someone who played through Persona 3 FES because of the P4 endurance run I can confirm that I would rather watch someone play these games than play them myself.

(I dont mind JRPGs but I find the Persona games especially grindy)

this.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

In addition, without getting into it: this game starts out WAAAAAY darker than anything in Persona 4. It kinda feels like it'd be awkward for happy-go-lucky Vinny and Dan to play through a game with such grim starting themes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

They did a Persona game already so the comedy goldmine has been mined since 5 is very similar in structure. It seems like the Endurance Runs are something that happen organically and waiting for Giant Bomb to pick a specific game seems like a fool's errand.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got to have hope for something

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love a ER of this game, but its definitely not happening, I think they want to get away from being heavily associated with persona so much (can't blame them honestly, since thats always one of the highest asked questions),

but that quick look definitely proved they still had the magic to do a great ER if they had chosen to,

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would much rather any other game. The mix of "runs" that have been coming out of the site (east) is great.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If this happens in any fashion I'd like it to just be Jeff and Vinny over whatever online communication they have like in the QL

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

All I will say is that they developed the process to do cross office, remote video content for a reason...

But seriously as an adult with a job ERs just don't do it for me. I find it extremely difficult to sit down and watch the episodes the way I did with P4 back in high school. Not terribly interested unless I fall into the kind of money that let's me avoid working for 6 months.

FaulPern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff said during the Giant Bombcast that they would not do an ER for this game, even before Atlus cracked down on people streaming the game.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By FacelessVixen

If anything, Persona 3. Not that I'm on pins and needles wanting for that either since I'm honestly good with watching the adventures of Charlie Tunoku and his man-whore ways for days (and have been re-re-rewatching that series for the past few days as background binging), but because I keep bouncing off of P3 with only 20 hours under my belt, and I doubt that the YouTube/let's play community would make a run though that game as entertaining as Sausalito era GB going through P4.