Persona 5 Announced

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@parsnip said:

I wouldn't rule out a 360 version in the west just yet. Maybe Sega hires one of the specialized PC port houses and makes a PC version in the end. :p

Europe 2016.

Catherine sold really bad on 360, Tales of Vesperia sold also very badly. JRPGs are not really a profitable source on the 360. The last anouneced JRPGs are all PS3 exclusive. I would really not bet on a 360 version.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

EVERYDAY'S GREAT AT MY JUNES!

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blair: fuck your Junes mine is better, it's open 24 hours a day.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Those Persona guys really love last gen consoles. Released Persona 4 for the PS2 in 2008 and 2009. How crazy is that? This will probably come to America in 2015 too.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Can't wait for the expansion to PS4 coming in 2024

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jz: Half priced beef bowls and watermelon over here. Just let me know if you wanna rumble with Frost, ho.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darji said:

@parsnip said:

I wouldn't rule out a 360 version in the west just yet. Maybe Sega hires one of the specialized PC port houses and makes a PC version in the end. :p

Europe 2016.

Catherine sold really bad on 360, Tales of Vesperia sold also very badly. JRPGs are not really a profitable source on the 360. The last anouneced JRPGs are all PS3 exclusive. I would really not bet on a 360 version.

I wouldn't bet on anything either, but a lot can happen between now and then, the release is so far out. Especially now that Sega is involved.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still haven't played a single Persona game. It looks too "Animeish" for my tastes.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#109  Edited By Xeiphyer

Get hype 2015!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By pyrodactyl

HOW THE SHIT AM I GOING TO PLAY THIS WITHOUT A 360 OR A PS4 VERSION

FUCK

kcp12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By kcp12
No Caption Provided

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113  Edited By mosespippy

If this remains PS3 exclusive I would bet Sony puts out a Persona themed PS3 bundle.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#114  Edited By Humanity

I can only hope this game turns out to be Wii U exclusive.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By MiniPato

FUCK

Dat last minute system seller baybee.

zladko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do hope they mean January/February 2014.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato said:

@pyrodactyl said:

FUCK

Dat last minute system seller baybee.

IF this is a worthy sequel to Persona 4 with comparable dept, cool mechanics, great characters and insane length I think I'm going to be paying $200+ for Persona 5 and a goddamn PS3. Goddamnit Sony, you didn't get me with MGS4, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us but I can't not play Persona 5. Fuck

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have to buy a new system for this!

Huzzah!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zladko said:

I do hope they mean January/February 2014.

It doesn't. They've not even released a proper trailer yet and the game would be coming out in 2 months? No, it's coming out late next year if it's not pushed back by then.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the three games announced, I might be the most excited about Q. Does that make me a bad person?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@golguin said:

They have to make a 360 version as well right? The announcement was made for the Japanese so there would be no reason to mention the 360 version in the trailer. Someone tell me there will be a 360 version.

Probably won't be a 360 version considering how ArcSys abandoned the system.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the three games announced, I might be the most excited about Q. Does that make me a bad person?

yes

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Darji

yes

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldenglishc said:

yes

@darji said:

@oldenglishc said:

yes

Two words: chibi Koromaru

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By shinjin977

The persona team is really small guys, if by this point they have not announce 360 release, it wont happen by launch. You guys will have to wait for p5 Fes type of re-release. Blame the Xbox fan base that all but killed a lot of the prospect for JRPG on that system.

Just for comparison, FFXIII sold 5mil on ps3 ww and 2mil on 360 ww. Not a small number but lets take a look at more niche releases. Even FFXIII own sequel XIII-2 sold 2.4mil on ps3 and 600k on 360. You guys get my point why JRPG dev move away from 360. Install base is there but the audience is not (not a lot of them anyways).

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonshade: I wouldn't be surprised if it came out a few weeks after it's released in Japan. SMTIV's US release wasn't that far from the Japan release and mainline SMT is way less popular than Persona. Europe however will get it in 2017. Thank God for the PS3 not being region locked. Q's gonna suck for them however.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess i'm gonna have to play some persona soon!

If only sonny put persona 4 on psn dammit! I dont wanna buy a vita!!!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@golguin said:

They have to make a 360 version as well right? The announcement was made for the Japanese so there would be no reason to mention the 360 version in the trailer. Someone tell me there will be a 360 version.

Nope.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl said:

FUCK

A PS3 will be like $80 in 2015.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mrfluke

nice

sony, shell out some money for a ps4 port please.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It's combining two awesome games and Chie looks MAXIMUM ADORABLE, so I do not blame you for a second. It also actually showed some gameplay and stuff from it unlike P5. The only things we learned from the P5 teaser is slavery to something(probably society, traditions, etc.) is going to be a big theme and red is it's color. With Q we know it's Etrian Odyssey, but with P3/P4 characters. ALSO YOU'RE FORGETTING P4U2 NOW WITH ADACHI: BITCHES AND WHORES EDITION

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verendus said:

Still haven't played a single Persona game. It looks too "Animeish" for my tastes.

People are still using this nonsensical argument? Wow, dude.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By RazielCuts

Over/under on 2015 western localisation?

I'd like this to not be true but damn it's going to be isn't it?

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesushammer: They should just call that game P4U2: The sequel to the visual novel that reminded me how much I suck at fighting games EXTREME EDITION!

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ungratefuldead

@hailinel: My roomate pretty much said it's one of the worst games of all time for that exact reason. He's never even played the game. It's honesty really sad people think that anime = bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really happy about this for lots of reasons but I do hope this means they're gonna make new experiences with new characters never seen before.

Before they announced it, I was afraid they were going to get dragged into the same thing SE and other companies do, is they have an amazing property and feel they need to make every project based around it. I hope this is the beginning of them letting go of P4 and P3 characters and just let them be.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@golguin: if the primary focus is Japan then I doubt Atlus will port it to the 360 when they do a localization

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonshade said:

Over/under on 2015 western localisation?

I'd like this to not be true but damn it's going to be isn't it?

Depends on how they approach it. If it's anything like how Persona 4 Arena was handled, the window between the Japanese and North American releases could be smaller. Though that likely had more to do with ASW's involvement in the game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really happy about this for lots of reasons but I do hope this means they're gonna make new experiences with new characters never seen before.

Before they announced it, I was afraid they were going to get dragged into the same thing SE and other companies do, is they have an amazing property and feel they need to make every project based around it. I hope this is the beginning of them letting go of P4 and P3 characters and just let them be.

Have you seen the other Persona announcements? They are in no way abandoning the P3 and P4 characters with P4A2, PQ and P4D. These projects, if anything, pretty much show that Persona 5 will be a new cast since they have other means of using the P3 and P4 cast in different projects.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So, I really think most of you are failing to realize how long the PS2 was supported post PS3 launch and how many notable games came out after next gen hit. People scrambling to get rid of or box up your PS3's are just fucking silly. There are going to be PLENTY of good Ps3 only games well into I'd hazard to say even 2015.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: There's a bit of a difference here, as PS2 was far-and-away the console leader back then, and the generation wasn't stretched to the point it has been this time.

I agree though. My PS3 is going to see a lot of action yet, because there's a number of things I'm still looking forward to. (Heck, there's a fair chance I might not even have a PS4 by the end of next year)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@superkenon: I'm HOPING to have one by Ground Zeroes time. If not...I'll just grab the PS3 version. But even if I don't man holy shit Dark Souls 2, Persona 5 , Lightning Returns? Some damn good games yet to be played on PS3!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#144  Edited By Sooty

Great. I just sold my PS3.

I will buy another one when this comes out, but now I also have to decide if I should buy it while I'm living in Japan in 2015 or buy the English version. Why is life so difficult.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Hopefully I'll have a PS3 by the time the far-flung year of 2015 happens, because I don't see this making its way to 360 or next gen consoles, at least not until Persona 5 FES Crimson, or whatever.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well good thing I just bought a PS3.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: What argument? Please, Do elaborate.

I didn't say the game was bad, I didn't argue that it looks bad.

I said it looks too "Animeish" for my tastes, art style that I personally do not care about, I don't understand why you get sand in your panties if my preferences hold me from buying the game.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they're shooting for a worldwide release with this one. Or at least Japan and US simultaneously. After P4A, they've proven they can do a big worldwide release. Obviously that game required a lot less work, but I think they can do it, considering this game has been in development for so long, so is optimistically at a later stage of development.

@golguin said:

I wish :(

I need to borrow a PS3 from one of my friends who's getting a PS4. I hope they do make one, but I dont think so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaddixbell said:

Have you seen the other Persona announcements? They are in no way abandoning the P3 and P4 characters with P4A2, PQ and P4D. These projects, if anything, pretty much show that Persona 5 will be a new cast since they have other means of using the P3 and P4 cast in different projects.

Yeah, but you never be sure. I'm 99% on it being a new cast with a new setting but you never know. I'm glad it is because I want a brand new experience in the Persona series.

The theme looks very different and the fact it's a new number should be enough to guarantee it's a new cast but I'm being cautiously (maybe far too much) optimistic.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Hailinel

@verendus said:

@hailinel: What argument? Please, Do elaborate.

I didn't say the game was bad, I didn't argue that it looks bad.

I said it looks too "Animeish" for my tastes, art style that I personally do not care about, I don't understand why you get sand in your panties if my preferences hold me from buying the game.

Using "animeish" as a shorthand argument for why it doesn't interest you without elaboration on what the fuck that even means. "Anime" is a medium that encompasses any genre depicted within and is not restricted to a singular "anime" art style. Your reasoning as stated is completely devoid of substance.