Persona 5 confirmed for 2015 North American release

• 71 results
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I bought a PS2 for Persona 3 and 4. I guess I'll get a PS3 for this. They should be nice and cheap by then.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258: The titles I listed addressed the aspect of the previous post that minimized Atlus' international audience. You're addressing some other point that I never raised.

And actually, FFXIII, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4 belong on that list as well. But you knew this already. I could even include Resonance of Fate (Sega) too. I'm pretty certain at this point, given your tone that you're not actually interested in keeping a civil discussion going.

Hey now! You started it! Besides, it's quite clear that @zeik is more intelligent and mature than both of us.

Let's get back to basics - why are you mad that Atlus isn't releasing this on the 360? Again, companies as niche as Atlus don't stick around if they don't manage money well and make measured decisions on what games get released on what platforms (side note: This is probably why Sega bought them in the first place and why they're largely leaving Atlus alone as far as we know). The question of whether or not there would be a 360 port likely came up somewhere, and it was likely discussed by men even topper than @zeik and far better than you or I, and they decided against it. They have their reasons and they're almost certainly good ones.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just looked over a list of every game released for the 360 just to confirm my theory, and it appears the last exclusive JPRG to be released for the system was Magna Carta 2, in August of 2009. So a few months shy of 5 years.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@differenceengine: I think you should take a look at these sales on the 360 of these so JRPGs. There is a reason why there are still 3 major JRPG coming exclusive to PS3 in the west. Yes Microsoft bought a few JRPG's times exclusive but they just did not sell on this console. It just makes no financial sense to release these games so late into the circle on the 360 anymore. There is no ill will or some stupidity because Japan involved at all. Also be happy it is exclusive because now they can actually use the power of one console instead of making compromises for a multiplatform release.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one to two years before I can finally be emancipated! Oh, lord Atlus, free us from these shackles and welcome us into Your kingdom!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#56  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Buahahaha oh god, this thread is making me laugh so hard.

EDIT: I should also mention that Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia for the 360 were basically just a beta test. They were both released on the PS3 in full with all the content that was obviously missing in the 360 versions.

Also let's not forget great exclusives like Infinite Undiscovery!

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buahahaha oh god, this thread is making me laugh so hard.

EDIT: I should also mention that Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia for the 360 were basically just a beta test. They were both released on the PS3 in full with all the content that was obviously missing in the 360 versions.

Also let's not forget great exclusives like Infinite Undiscovery!

Now don't you shaft Lost Odyssey buddy

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@connerthekewlkid: Hey, I enjoyed what I played of Lost Odyssey but that game was too long.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait... No seriously, I can't. Why so late!?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You are a slave.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I bet it won't be on 360 at launch, but I'm sure it will come to something else eventually.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid: Hey, I enjoyed what I played of Lost Odyssey but that game was too long.

I beat it in about 20-30 hours doing all the side quests, isn't that bout the length you want an rpg to be?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince said:

You are a slave.

To many things, and to nothing. What?

@liquidprince: start learning Japanese, import JP ver

Don't tempt me to import... I already imported Persona 4 The Golden and Catherine. I... can't. Not again!

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't this come out for PS4? Please? I need this!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@aquablak said:

Couldn't this come out for PS4? Please? I need this!

Atlus PR manager's comments:

1. No rumblings about anything on PS4 yet, that shit just launched in Japan. Keep your fingers crossed for solid sales.

2. PS4 or PS Vita port for Persona 5, please! :)

Reply: DULY NOTED.

3. Hahaha, look at all these PS4 and Vita portbeggers. It really does bother you that the PS3 has an exclusive? Go whine about it someplace else, PS3′s 10 year lifecycle is here to stay. You doubters are getting CRANKED. Will buy Persona 5 as it will only be exclusively available on the PS3.

Deal. With. It.

Reply: I like your realist approach.

But I’m not gonna lie, I personally want it on as many Sony plats as possible. But it’s still super cool that we’re gonna be having some PS3 love in 2015.

I would say unlikely at launch, but possibility is there.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@fluxwavez: Sounds like they want to port it to "as many Sony plats as possible". So I guess that depends on P5 initial sales and how much demand there is for it amongst PS4 owners.

Avatar image for differenceengine
DifferenceEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@differenceengine said:

@believer258: The titles I listed addressed the aspect of the previous post that minimized Atlus' international audience. You're addressing some other point that I never raised.

And actually, FFXIII, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4 belong on that list as well. But you knew this already. I could even include Resonance of Fate (Sega) too. I'm pretty certain at this point, given your tone that you're not actually interested in keeping a civil discussion going.

Hey now! You started it! Besides, it's quite clear that @zeik is more intelligent and mature than both of us.

Let's get back to basics - why are you mad that Atlus isn't releasing this on the 360? Again, companies as niche as Atlus don't stick around if they don't manage money well and make measured decisions on what games get released on what platforms (side note: This is probably why Sega bought them in the first place and why they're largely leaving Atlus alone as far as we know). The question of whether or not there would be a 360 port likely came up somewhere, and it was likely discussed by men even topper than @zeik and far better than you or I, and they decided against it. They have their reasons and they're almost certainly good ones.

It's this kind of crap that is part of the reason why I'm primarily a PC gamer now. Aside from the faulty hardware and fragmentation, irritating exclusives just take the fun out of console gaming for me.

I get especially irked when a company will offer up scraps like spin-off titles to other platforms in an attempt at a quick cash grab, but not the main course. Sort of like what Hideo Kojima does with Metal Gear. It's insulting to get used like that. Part of making measured decisions means also doing what is necessary at times to expand your business. If Atlus made an expensive title like Catherine a muliplat in addition to releasing a spin-off tied to one of their major IPs, wouldn't it make sense to build on that to increase your audience and bring in more fans? Shoot, even the WiiU is getting a Persona spin-off. Makes too much sense to me, which makes Atlus' decision making all the more maddening.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

@differenceengine said:

It's this kind of crap that is part of the reason why I'm primarily a PC gamer now. Aside from the faulty hardware and fragmentation, irritating exclusives just take the fun out of console gaming for me.

I get especially irked when a company will offer up scraps like spin-off titles to other platforms in an attempt at a quick cash grab, but not the main course. Sort of like what Hideo Kojima does with Metal Gear. It's insulting to get used like that. Part of making measured decisions means also doing what is necessary at times to expand your business. If Atlus made an expensive title like Catherine a muliplat in addition to releasing a spin-off tied to one of their major IPs, wouldn't it make sense to build on that to increase your audience and bring in more fans? Shoot, even the WiiU is getting a Persona spin-off. Makes too much sense to me, which makes Atlus' decision making all the more maddening.

1.. The Wii U does not get a Persona Spin Off. That is the 3DS.

2. If Catherine would have sold decently on 360 you would have gotten more Atlus titles but sadly it did not. And you really can not blame Atlus because they just don't want to lose money nor have they the manpower to do multiple ports of a game as well. Atlus is pretty small

3. What Kojima does is not bad at all. IT is 5 hours for all missions and even than you have like 20% completed. It has much more content than the MGS2 Tanker demo which many people bought just to play this instead of Zone of the Enders. 20 and 30$ is not a bad price at all.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#71  Edited By Phatmac

Kinda disappointed that they changed it from You are slave to You are a slave. Super pumped to see anything that let's me know more about this game.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Can't wait, playing through all the Persona games this year so at least now I know I have till the end of 2014 to complete them. I have never been so excited as I am for P5. BRING IT ON!