User Lists: 0

If so, what are your thoughts?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

IDK, you tell me, what is the game about? Why are you possibly interested in it?

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I played a couple hours and I am going to dig in today. Initial impression is that it is like a more complicated Invisible Inc.

Benzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've seen the mixed reviews on steam. I think I'll still get it. It's really only people talking about bugs that are deterring my purchase. I don't think you should be able to be shot through walls or floors unless they're made of glass.

I loved so much about X-com, but they 99% chance to hit failures hit the hardest. Knowing there's not % chance to miss in this game is the most enticing factor. People have complained about the direct combat, but the stealth before direct combat is much better. That's definitely my approach to these kinds of tactics games when I play, so it seems right up my alley. I'll probably pick it up this week.

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benzur: I was thinking the same thing. Looks promising but might not execute 100%. I need something to scratch that xcom itch.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avoid the ps4 version. Small text, and the edge of the screen is cut off.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I love the setting and aestethic, and I really enjoy Xcom so I was excited for it. But from what I hear it's much more of a stealth game and focuses around the macro scale more than tactical combat encounters. And that honestly kind of sounds like a dealbreaker. The itch I want to scratch in a game like this would include the general mass murder of my enemies. So stealth isn't really what I want. Too bad. Might still try it on sale down the line just because of the setting.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Hearing Rob and Austin talk about it on the Waypoint podcast and reading some of the stuff out there that's been written made me think it's probably not the game I'm looking for. Might pick it up some time when it goes on sale but the somewhat sketchy combat model and the mechanics of the tactical layer sound less than appealing.

Benzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archimedes83: Reporting back after playing it for a few days. Love the game, but I find myself save scumming a lot when I run around a corner and get spotted by a camera that wasn't flagged as a danger zone. I think I'm just too impatient contrary to my love for stealth games. Once I started getting suppressors for my guns, it got a lot easier to pick off targets at range. From what I can see, the game doesn't stress the importance of items like grenades or health kits in active combat. It makes a massive difference on a mission to have one of your guys lob a grenade and take out 3-4 guys because they do 75 aoe damage. Health kits absolutely save lives when someone's on the brink of death. Keep in mind these items are 1 use in a mission, but come back after mission is over. I didn't understand that at first and built like 7 flashbangs (which are expensive). Also character abilities like Warn Ally and Focus are imperative if you're doing active combat.

@tobbrobb: The game highly rewards stealth-focused gameplay. One thing to note is that if you do go into active combat, your guys can get into nasty situations like xcom, in that if one of your units is exposed, he could get executed quickly.

@imhungry: I much prefer the stealth vs the open/active combat, but when I do get into active combat, it's important that you lean on your skills like Warn Ally and Focus. That can make or break a mission and they're on pretty fast cooldowns. If the game didn't have those, I would almost save scum more.