desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Two images have been posted by Playdead on various platforms, teasing a new project post Inside. No more information beyond the images as far as I can tell. They look just as dystopian as Playdead's other work. I'm looking forward to hearing more about their new project. Limbo was truly a masterpiece and Inside had its moments, at least in my opinion.

Anyone else, or is it just me who cares?

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Barely played Limbo, thought Inside was mostly rad but poorly paced. They got style and room to grow, so yeah I'm interested in what they do next. I hope gameplay expands beyond 2D puzzle platforming this time?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I've seen the image on the right before already. Both still look neat.

Obviously I'm all in for playing a new game by them, as Inside was easily one of the best games I played in 2016. But it's also probably like 3 years away from release at least, so I'm not getting excited just yet.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't like limbo so didnt play inside and from these pictures i would guess they are making another one of those again.

phourniner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Limbo was interesting for the time (spider creeper was great use of the tech and shadows), and I loved the hell out of Inside, so I'm super excited for what they come up with next.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sold.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Inside really hit home with me and remember limbo very fondly so I am very interested in seeing what Playdead does next.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kind of looks like the person is wearing a space suit or space helmet on the right image, and looking at a falling comet or something? Would be cool if the game had something to do with landing on/arriving at a strange unknown planet. Would also be sort of a homage to Another World which was one of the pioneers of the whole "cinematic platformer" genre.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm into it.

I didn't take to Limbo, but thought very well of Inside

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boonsong said:

Kind of looks like the person is wearing a space suit or space helmet on the right image, and looking at a falling comet or something? Would be cool if the game had something to do with landing on/arriving at a strange unknown planet. Would also be sort of a homage to Another World which was one of the pioneers of the whole "cinematic platformer" genre.

I was thinking the astronaut-space person just landed with a parachute, as seen in the image, and watching the crash site of his ship - a beginning of a journey in a strange land sort of thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: Ah, yeah I see the parachute he's dragging along. That makes more sense.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#12 gamer_152  Moderator

Limbo had a great visual style and INSIDE was amazing, so I'm very interested in what they do next. If these images are anything to go by, they're probably continuing on with art design close to what we saw with INSIDE.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Alright, sure. I really enjoyed Limbo but found Inside more memorable (probably out of sheer fucked-upness).

Their thing is starting to get a bit... expected? Probably could do with one more moody silent physicsy puzzle platformer before I'll want more. Either lean into a mechanic or shake up their storytelling style, something or other.

desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@glots: Yeah, I think that image was posted by Playdead on Twitter back in January 2017. I just haven't seen it before now.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their world-building is terrific and has a dark, cynical streak to it. It sings of the bleak and, at times, quiet style that Scandinavian filmmaking enjoys shooting for. That one is most likely a lock for this game too. So instead I'm gonna wish for different gameplay on this next work, in any way really.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inside is such an impeccable thing, at least stylistically. Hopefully they have the tech stuff in place to release stuff more frequently, cause I'm down for whatever they put out.