Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

How is the Xbox version doing now? (PUBG)

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

I noticed Player Unknown Battlegrounds is on sale at the moment on Xbox and was wondering how this version is holding up post release? There seemed to be a lot of frame rate issues, have they been resolved? Also there was talk earlier in the year on hacking/cheating going on with the PC version, has this affected the Xbox version or is it less prevalent there?

Cheers.

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I noticed the disc version was $20 at target. Got me curious as well!

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dipped back in the other day for the first time since near console launch. It's still a mess (I'm on an S) and when I see how comparatively slick H1Z1 looks and plays on PS4, I dunno what they're playing at. The desert map is now online and I've yet to complete a match in it - lag has made it unplayable each time it comes up in my rotation.

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dipped back in the other day for the first time since near console launch. It's still a mess (I'm on an S) and when I see how comparatively slick H1Z1 looks and plays on PS4, I dunno what they're playing at. The desert map is now online and I've yet to complete a match in it - lag has made it unplayable each time it comes up in my rotation.

So, I guess it really was just a stop-gap to have SOMETHING on their console until their buying spree of studios cranks something out.

Schatzy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It seems like it still varies person to person, console to console for this game. I play with a group of friends, all of us on original Xbox Ones, and normally I'm the party leader. I load into the game quicker than they do in the starting area, my time on the maps seem to load better than theirs (building spawns, textures, etc...), and I don't seem to crash all that often. The first map (I don't know their individual names) seems to be fairly stable now compared to what it was and what the new map is. The desert map is a little rougher at loading in objects and textures than you'd expect, but it still does OK for me. I've never gotten caught in an object as it loads in, like some of my other friends have. They still have a ways to go with getting that map's stability under control (random "hitches" and the objects loading in), but overall I'm still having a great time playing the game. For me, it's still worth the $30 I paid for it and I've definitely gotten that amount and then some out of it in enjoyment and joy when you pull of those chicken dinner wins.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I got past the graphics pretty quickly, but the issues for me lie in the framerate and settings reseting.

Firstly, the framerate. I'm on an X and can usually get 30fps when nothing is happening, but this nosedives as soon as you get into close combat. I believe this could also be contributing towards a poor hit detection, as I have frequently unloaded a shotgun or bullet into an enemy without it registering at all. Very frustrating.

Secondly, and least importantly, you have the fact that the settings seem to reset at random. It took me a while to find settings that felt just right, and then they got wiped. Been hard to find the balance again, and again it just goes on to get wiped.

It is a lazy port of a fun game. It is hard to recommend, but I got about 15 hours of fun out of it. I just can't see myself going back beyond the odd game here and there until it has improved though. They dropped the ball massively.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm on an X, and its complete shit compared to PC, but still totally playable. got a chicken dinner the other night. gotta make some concessions when your wife needs the PC for schoolwork. sucks to hear others are still having lots of trouble, but with really good internet and an X i had a fine time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.