Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Prediction Chicken (A Murder Island Guessing Game) Episode: 2

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Edited By Slaps2

Hello again duders to Prediction Chicken. A fun little game I like to play before the now weekly rendition of Murder Island. The goal of this game is to be the most accurate in your answers to the 20 questions posed below.

Rules:

1. The judge's interpretation of the match are the final say as to the answers of each question.
    2. In non yes or no questions, the closest person gets the point.
    3. If two or more people guess the same, all will be awarded a point.
    4. Players may include additional details to questions, but the specifics may affect how their answer is scored. I would love to encourage this, so if you are specific about something and right, you get two points. If you are specific and wrong, however, you get nothing and like it.
    5. The winner will get a $5 video game of their choosing in the form of a key from either Good Old Games or Steam.
    6. ANY SUBMISSION MADE AFTER THE START OF THE STREAM WILL NOT COUNT AND DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS AFTERWORDS OR IT WON'T COUNT EITHER!
    7. Anyone who suggests a question for next week will get a point if I decide to use it. One suggestion per person.

Last Week:

1. Number of kills? 4
    2. Will anyone get a kill with a grenade? No, but Alex got killed by one in much the same manner that he did the week before.
    3. Any melee kills? Yes, Brad team killed Dan.
    4. Anyone killed by melee? Yes, Dan got team killed by Brad
    5. Anyone killed in first five minutes of match? Yes, Brad and Ben got iced quickly.
    6. Anyone get kills within first five minutes? Yes, Alex mowed two dying men down with an AKM, psychopath style
    7. Any frying pan kills? No
    8. Any airdrops looted? No
    9. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? Yes
    10. Number of games played? 5
    11. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 01:02:03
    12. Does anyone get run over? Yes. Although we don't see it, there is an indicator at the bottom left of the screen that says Dan was turned into pavement
    13. Does the gang run anyone over? No.
    14. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed?Yes. Dan had two instances of purely pathetic marksmanship in a row that led to his and Alex's deaths.
    15. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? No. It was Dan.
    16. Who is the main person playing on the stream? Ben
    17. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto?No
    18. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? AKM
    19. Will they make it into the final five players? No
    20. Will we experience anymore mutant super powers? Yes. Dan phase straight through a car whilst taking painkillers to fuel his crippling drug habit.

And The Chicken Goes To:

Interesting Answers:

@mjhwwbg: You predicted Dan would be the first person to die and earned an extra point.

@bpcupid:Somehow you managed to predict the walking through solid objects superpower. Well, you said walls and Dan went through a car, but I'll give the extra point to you anyway.

This Week:

These are the questions for this week along with my answers for them.

1. Number of kills? 7
    2. Will the gang be victims of a grenade for the third week in a row?? No
    3. Will anyone kill or be killed by melee? No
    4. Will we see anyone kill or be killed within the first five minutes of the first match? No
    5. Any airdrops looted? No
    6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? No. This is the one where they slip up.
    7. How many games will be played? 5
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:12:30
    9. Will the gang run over anyone and/or get run over? No
    10. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed?Yes.
    11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? Yes. Time to brad fewer than 15 minutes.
    12. Who is the stream host? Brad
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? Yes. I really want this to happen.
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? S1897
    15. Will they make it into the final five players? No
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? No. It will be "hey".
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? Yes. It happened in the past two episodes.
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Alex
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 60
    20. If anyone, who crashes or disconnects first? Vinny

Thanks For Playing:

I'd like to invite back everyone who played last week.

@captain_insano: @mjhwwbg: @fledeye: @afabs515: @49th: @bpcupid: @ahifi: @chaser324: @mike: @whatshisface: @michael_katarn: @batavist:

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

This is great, thanks for taking the time to do this. If I win, I defer my prize to next week's pool if possible. If not, then the second place person can have the prize.

1. Number of kills? 6
    4. Will we see anyone kill or be killed within the first five minutes of the first match? No
    6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? No.
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:09:00
    10. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed? Yes.
    11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? No
    12. Who is the stream host? Vinny
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? No
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? M16
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? No, "Hello"
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? No
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 74
    20. If anyone, who crashes or disconnects first? Dan
    mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. Number of kills? 8
    2. Will the gang be victims of a grenade for the third week in a row?? Yes, thrown into a bathroom.
    3. Will anyone kill or be killed by melee? Yes, Jeff Bakalar will be killed within the first 3 mins of a game
    4. Will we see anyone kill or be killed within the first five minutes of the first match? No, Dan will try but run away as he feels it wont work.
    5. Any airdrops looted? No, they will try but get picked off before getting to it
    6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? No, Jeff Bakalar will die outside the circle.
    7. How many games will be played? 4
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:02:22
    9. Will the gang run over anyone and/or get run over? Yes, Vinny will be run down by Jeff again
    10. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed? Yes, dan will try to throw a grenade and it will roll back down a hill and kill him. Dans actions killed Dan
    11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? No. Jeff Bakalar will be the first to die, he wont know what killed him.
    12. Who is the stream host? Jeff
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? Yes. Its Ben, he freaks out about it and dies.
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? Machete
    15. Will they make it into the final five players? Yes, Jeff G will get the chicken dinner.
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? Jeff G shouting "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!".
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? Yes. Its Brad.
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Vinny
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 96
    fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fledeye

I'm terrible at guessing, but it's still fun.

1. Number of kills? 5
    3. Will anyone kill or be killed by melee? Yes
    4. Will we see anyone kill or be killed within the first five minutes of the first match? Yes
    5. Any airdrops looted? No, but there will be an argument about trying. Dan and Ben will want to go for it, the others won't.
    6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? Yes
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:23:32
    9. Will the gang run over anyone and/or get run over? Yes
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? No
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? Crossbow. I really want to see a crossbow kill as there are no proper bows in this game.
    15. Will they make it into the final five players? Yes (well part of the team will)
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? Yes
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? Yes.
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Alex, I think he'll have been practicing.
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 82
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

1. Number of kills? 5
    4. Will we see anyone kill or be killed within the first five minutes of the first match? Yes
    6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? Yes
    7. How many games will be played? 6
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:07:42
    12. Who is the stream host? Brad
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? Yes
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill?Shotgun (I don't know weapon names)
    15. Will they make it into the final five players? Yes. THIS. IS. THE. RUN
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? No - "Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh"
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? No.
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Dan. Yes. Dan. He had the play of the game two streams ago. I believe in him...
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 72
    20. If anyone, who crashes or disconnects first? Brad
    bpcupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bpcupid

Hey, thanks for the honorary mention! I would have accepted half a point for being half right... but thanks! Hopefully this weeks run will be a little less frustrating to watch than last weeks

So predictions for this week...

1. Number of kills? 9
    2. Will the gang be victims of a grenade for the third week in a row?? Yes - Once again there will be 2+ members of the crew bunched up in a small space and all will die
    6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? No - Dan will get caught out whilst farting around
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:09:30
    10. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed?Yes
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill?M16a4
    15. Will they make it into the final five players? Yes - Jeff will be the last man standing
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? Death
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? Yes - It will be Ben
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 49
    20. If anyone, who crashes or disconnects first? No-one will crash or disconnect

Question for next week...

Who will be the first to make some kind of sexual reference/Double-entendre?

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1. Number of kills? 5
    6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? Yes (assuming you mean being killed BY being outside the boundaries)
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:25:00
    10. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed? No
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? S1897 / Shotgun
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? No. "Welcome"
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 45
    clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

1. Number of kills? 8
    2. Will the gang be victims of a grenade for the third week in a row? Yes, though it will be from a friendly grenade. After being revived by the person who threw the grenade, that person will be shaken as they realize the fragility of life. What does it mean to live, when the universe can throw something so chaotic and random your way? This person will question everything, and decide to wander away from the group. He will go to a beach and stand there, gazing out at both the endless ocean and the inevitable blue wave of static that will eventually come for us all. As he his about to come to a startling conclusion about the nature of man and existence, some dude will shoot at him from the distance causing him to freak out, spin around a couple of times and die on the beach. The screen will reveal the team placed 13th out of 28 teams, and, hey, that's not too bad.
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:16:26
    9. Will the gang run over anyone and/or get run over? Yes, though it will be by a teammate by accident. After being revived by the driver, that person will be shaken as they realize the fragility of life. What does it mean to live, when the universe can throw something so chaotic and random your way? This person will question everything, and decide to wander away from the group. He will go to a beach and stand there, gazing out at both the endless ocean and the inevitable blue wave of static that will eventually come for us all. As he his about to come to a startling conclusion about the nature of man and existence, some dude will shoot at him from the distance, but that dude is some weak ass punk who doesn't know how to aim, allowing our man time to slowly turn around and shoot him in the head perfectly five times, winning the game. It will be wicked cool.
    10. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed? Yes
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? No. They will be on the receiving end every time.
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? (I don't really know any of the guns by name, so I'm going to steal your answer) S1897
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? No, it will either be "Hello" or "Hey".
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? No. People will say some variation of "Alright" or "Ok". At some point the person calling it will go early, surprising someone, who will exclaim "Ah!", as he jumps out late.
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Jeff (Gerstmann; I'm not sure if Bakalar will join in this stream)
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 65
    49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

1. Number of kills? 5
    5. Any airdrops looted? Yes
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:24:44
    10. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed? No
    11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? Yes
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? Shotgun
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? HEY GUYS WHAT'S GOIN' ON GIANTBOMB HERE WITH ANOTHER GAMEPLAY COMMENTARY
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? Yes
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Jeff
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 50
    LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

1. Number of kills? 5
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:24:44
    11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? No. It will be Alex
    12. Who is the stream host? Ben
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? Yes. It will be Ben.
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? Shotgun
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? Hi. This will be spoken by Ben.
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Dan
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 68

Question for Next Week: Will the team die in a field before any of them find out where they are being shot from?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48049f850e3
    deactivated-5a48049f850e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds fun this is mine.

1. Number of kills? 6
    2. Will the gang be victims of a grenade for the third week in a row?? YES
    3. Will anyone kill or be killed by melee? NO
    4. Will we see anyone kill or be killed within the first five minutes of the first match? NO
    5. Any airdrops looted? NO
    6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? YES
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:17:24
    9. Will the gang run over anyone and/or get run over? NO
    10. Will Dan's actions ever get anyone killed? YES
    11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? NO
    12. Who is the stream host? VINNY
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? NO
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? S1897
    15. Will they make it into the final five players? NO
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? NO "HI"
    17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? YES
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? DAN
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 72
    20. If anyone, who crashes or disconnects first? DAN
    Avatar image for spaghettisunday
    spaghettisunday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spaghettisunday

1. Number of kills? 7
    2. Will the gang be victims of a grenade for the third week in a row?? Yes
    7. How many games will be played? 6
    8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:12:45
    11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? No, Jeff Bakalar will be.
    13. Will anyone ever start a firefight after forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? Yes
    14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? SCAR
    16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? No. It will be "Good".
    18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Jeff Gerstmann
    19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 74
    20. If anyone, who crashes or disconnects first? Vinny
    CujoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Number of kills? 9

8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:21:31

11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? No.

14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? Uzi

16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? No

18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Brad

19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 48

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Well, this is a real fun idea. Count me in!

1. Number of kills? 6

6. Can they go a whole stream without getting killed outside the boundaries? No

8. Time to first kill by stream? (specify in format 00:00:00) 00:38:19

11. Will Brad be the first person to die in the stream? Yes

13. Will anyone ever start a firefight afte forgetting to switch their weapon to auto? Yes

14. What weapon will the crew use to get their first kill? UMG

15. Will they make it into the final five players? Yes

16. Will murder be the first word uttered in the stream? If not, what is? No, it will be "Well"

17. Will anyone say “weeeeeee!” shortly after ejecting from the plane? Yes

18. Who will be the stream MVP as judged by me? Vinny

19. How many people will be remaining by the time the group first fires on someone or is fired upon? (out of 100) 68

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Slaps2

Guesses are closed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.