My dad loves Golf and Racing games, and I would like to get him something to play as a Father's Day present.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HarbinLights

If there is anything other than Gran Turismo in this category you would recommend, please let me know.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By isomeri

As far as racing games are concerned, do you think he veers more into the simulation or arcade side of things? For arcade racing, Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit would be great options. For something in between arcade and simulation he might want to give the Dirt 3 a try. And for total simulation I might recommend Project CARS, or you could find whatever the last F1 game released on PS3 was. Also, Wipeout HD for something a bit different.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@isomeri said:

As far as racing games are concerned, do you think he veers more into the simulation or arcade side of things? For arcade racing, Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit would be great options. For something in between arcade and simulation he might want to give the Dirt 3 a try. And for total simulation I might recommend Project CARS, or you could find whatever the last F1 game released on PS3 was. Also, Wipeout HD for something a bit different.

Probably a bit closer to simulation, though either would probably be fine.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yea, he kinda covered most of them already. Just to add onto the list without knowing more about the persons taste:

Grid, Driver: San Francisco (more of an open world driving thing), Motorstorm I guess.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MocBucket62

For golf games, I’d say the Tiger Woods games from 10-12 are great choices since they are on a PS3. The Hot Shots Golf games are normally a good time, but I don’t think your dad will like the anime art design.

For racing simulation, F1 2014 is the latest F1 game for PS3 I believe. I’ll also recommend Project Cars.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bonbonetti

It's most likely too late by now, but my suggestions for racing games would be:

MotoGP 15 or MotoGP 08, bike racing offers a completely different challenge and experience from car racing. These are the best MotoGP games on the PS3.

Formula One Championship Edition, this is still my favourite F1 game of all time; I really enjoy the physics and the way you play, plus it still looks fantastic.

WRC 4, a stage-rally Tour Around the World, with lots of different environments to race around in.

WRC 2, unlike previous and later WRC games this one actually has a managerial mode of sorts, which I thought was a fun addition.

Colin McRae Dirt, the best game Codemasters has ever done in my opinion. A fantastic offroad game.

SBK X, a superbike game (motorcycles), I actually prefer SBK over MotoGP in terms of gameplay, and this is the best SBK game in terms of physics.

SBK Generation, another really good SBK game, not as good as SBK X but it has a tonne of content.

Grid Autosport, to me this is the 2nd best Codemasters game after Dirt (2007), with lots of content and enjoyable physics.