Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FesteringNeon

**UPDATED with list below**

Hey Duders,

I recently bought my girlfriend a PS3 because I want to be able to play some online games until she is able to come over to the United States in 6-8 months. She lives in the Philippines and will have someone visiting near me within 3 weeks or so, and wanted to have them bring the PS3 back for her. I've went ahead and set hers up and downloaded around 100 games to the 500 gig HDD I installed to it. I also bought a cam off of Amazon ($4) just to see if there were any good games that would use it. I'm not finding many great ones that I own.

That aside, I have been having mixed luck with finding games (LBP Karting is down which is sad) we can both play online together. On the other hand I hear UC3, BF3, Minecraft are still able to be played online which is great. I don't own every game out there obviously, but does anyone have a list of games that still can be played online for PS3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've looked around and see some forum posts here and there, but they tend to get sidetracked and it's taking forever to dig and compile a list. I don't care if it's popular online, even if it allows us 2 to be on.

Thanks!

Update: With the help of those below, I've started compiling a list of offline games here. Most of these are only updated through last year. I've included a few of my own findings. If anyone has any others to add that they know of, please reply to this thread and I'll add it to the list. Thank you.

OFFLINE PS3 GAMES

2010 FIFA World Cup

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Apples to Apples (glitched)

Army of Two: The 40th Day

Battlefield: Bad Company

Blacklight: Tango Down (glitched)

Bulletstorm

Burn Zombie Burn! (Zombie Sushi DLC never released)

Buzz! Brain of...

Buzz! Quiz TV

Buzz! Quiz World

Buzz! The Ultimate Music Quiz

Calling All Cars

CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars

Create

Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII

Def Jam Rapstar

DiRT 2 (no weekly tournament info from DiRTNET)

EA Sports Active 2.0

EA Sports MMA

FEAR 2

FIFA 09+10+11+12

Fifa Street

Fight Night Champion (countdown glitched)

FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION (however, there's a workaround)

Free Realms

Ghostbusters

Gran Turismo 5

Guitar Hero: Hits

Hasbro Gamily Game Night

Heroes Over Europe

High Stakes On the Vegas Strip: Poker Addition (also missing from PSN)

Homefront

Hunter's Trophy 1+2 (glitched)

Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes of the Ring

Little Big Planet: Karting

Madden 10

MAG

Major League Baseball 2K9+2K10+2K11

Midnight Club LA

MLB 09+10+11+12: The Show

Moto GP 09/10 (server can't handle 20 player matches)

Moto GP 10/11 (same as above)

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

MX vs. ATV Reflex

nail'd (glitched)

NASCAR 14 (The Joey Logano highlight challenge is 1 lap longer than it is supposed to be which makes the time trial trophies impossible.)

NBA 09: The Inside

NBA 2K10+11+12+13

NBA Elite 11 (game was cancelled, a few copies got out though - server was never turned on)

NBA Jam

NBA Live 10

NCAA Basketball 10

NCAA Football 10

NHL 10+11+2K10

Overlord II

PAIN (online features inaccessible)

Picotto Knights

Pinballistik (glitched)

Pro Baseball Spirits 2010+2011+6

PES 2010+11+12

Pro Foosball (glitched)

Pure Football

Resistance 2

Resistance 3

Resistance: Fall of Man

SBK 08+09+2011+X: Superbike World Championship

Section 8

SOCOM 4

SOCOM: Special Forces

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Superstars V8 Next Challenge

The Bigs 2

The Lord of The Rings: Conquest

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10+11+12

Top Gun

UFC Undisputed 3

UFC Personal Trainer (glitched)

Unreal Tournament 3

White Knight Chronicles (still obtainable, but a longer grind due to drops)

White Knight Chronicles II (still obtainable, but a longer grind due to drops)

WRC FIA World Rally Championship

WRC 2

WWE 12

WWE All Stars (JP vers. too)

Yoostar 2

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Most of them are still playable online, LBPK just went down about 2-3 months ago. I don't think there's a list of them all though. You should have no problem w/ the more popular games though, there's very little chance they won't be online. LBP 1-3 still have there servers going :)

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FesteringNeon

@shiro2809 Thanks for the reply! Yeah i was excited to show her LBPK because CTR for ps1 was / is one of her favorite games from back in the day. So I was sure to make sure that was installed, along with all the other crash games from the PS1 era.

She liked this snake like game on mobile, and wanted to buy Snakeball for us as you can use the cam to put our dumb faces on the snake, but don't really want to waste $10 if I find out it's not able to be played online anymore and cannot find out if it's still able to work online. This is where I'm running into a bit of frustration.

It's great to hear all the LBP games are still online though. Looks like 3 is on sale right now through the flash sale and have 2 installed for her. Maybe I'll pick it up just to give more options.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

I think most games that used Gamespy's services are down, which would be most multiplayer games released on PS3 before 2009 or so.

All the Battlefield games should still be playable, and at least Bad Company 2, BF3 and BF4 have decently sized player bases still.

I'm a little unclear on if you want a list of games with active server populations or games that are just still playable online.

I think it's probably easier to find a list of games whose multiplayer capabilities have been shut down than the games that are still up, since there are usually press releases associated with server shut downs, much rarely so "Hey, you can still play this!" messages. Here's a gamefaq's thread listing games that have been closed down: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/71678964

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Most are still online, but probably not very active since people move on to newer games and systems. There was the Gamespy shutdown that took a few big games with it, so you should check out that list, but for the most part there hasn't been any massive server shutdowns yet. EA tends to shut down there annual sports games and low populated games, but Burnout Paradise is still up so all is right with the world there.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FesteringNeon

@fisk0: Thanks for the advice. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to be honest and didn't take the time to research ahead of time, because I expected LPBK to still be up and active. Once I found out it wasn't, then I thought about how ModNation Racers is probably down too. Then what? I started to panic. I did find some shooters online, and for example Binary Domain, but it wouldn't be much fun if it's just us 2 running around all the time so I chose not to install that for her even if the single player campaign seems fun.

I guess what I'm saying is that the most important is that we're both able to play together, even if just alone, but am also looking for those games that have a decent community still, but that isn't as important. Looks like I found we can still do Saints Row 3's co-op campaign, Borderlands 2, Super Puzzle Fighter, MK, SSIV, LBP 2 & 3 etc... and games like that which is awesome. Surprisingly I checked NHL 13, and that's still online, which makes it very difficult to determine what to install and spend hours downloading and installing updates for. (most I do have on my PS3, but have even deleted quite a few as I've filled up the 1TB installed)

I think you answered my need though, I need a list of games shut down. You're right GameSpy took down alot of games, but games like Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars (Rocket League 1) were patched later to have hosts serve their own matches and bypass GameSpy requirements which mean they're back up. The link you listed should help though. I'll look for a 'removed from online' list instead. Do you know of a site that has a database of offline titles or anything? Maybe Giant Bomb needs one. I'd love to have the community pitch in and have the best comprehensive list. There might also be "this gen" games that would make that list also. I've heard of a few going offline.

@lego_my_eggo: Burnout Paradise IS still online? For some reason I was getting mixed info online about that game and had thought about getting it because it's only $10. I do own the Ultimate Bundle on Steam, but wouldn't mind buying it again if it's going to hopefully be up for awhile. I know the picture taking part with the cam was pretty genius, and a cool addition.

I remember NHL 10 going down around NHL 12 or so.. which was why I was surprised NHL 13 is still up, considering we're on NHL 17? It's hard to tell which EA games still allow online.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for the DP, but hope we can add more to this list now that I'm done editing the main post, and understand a better way to tackle this issue with @fisk0 and @lego_my_eggo 's help.

Can anyone else add to this list?

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingbonesaw: Just logged on now, and there's about 100 or more people still playing right now! I even hear voice chat. What in the actual hell? Great!

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@festeringneon: Yeah Burnout is still online on PS3, had a few games going after Jeff played it on PC during one of the shows a few weeks ago. Maybe the population is really low now, so if someone hopped online in freeburn and no one joined they probably assumed it was shutdown maybe? The Criterion web sites are shut down, at least the ones the game tries to bring up when loading the page, otherwise the game part works perfectly fine.