Killzone: SF multiplayer screenshots aim to impress

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Game looks markedly better than it has at any previous showings, you can tell when it launches, it's going to be an eye candy provider if nothing else. If they can bring back the MP love they gave KZ2, this could very well be huge this holiday for online gaming.

All of the screens can be found here. Couple of my favorite:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Ehker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Nice, thanks. There's hope for MP because the producer that worked on MP for Killzone 2 left the company, but luckily he's back and they kicked the guy that made Killzone 3 MP a mess.

Also in the trailer it looks like dedicated servers are back with all the custom matches, just like Killzone 2, so if they add back the clan support it seems like a return to the good old days.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By spraynardtatum

I want the Killzone please!!!

I've always been a fan of this series. It gets a lot of crap, some deservedly, but the games are always fun to me. I like the world and the Helghast are a fun enemy to fight. This one looks promising.

It's definitely beautiful.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it's gorgeous. I can't wait to play this. I have the beta for Killzone Mercenary and the game looks really damn good for a handheld. I expect nothing but beauty with this on PS4.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Killzone 2 multiplayer was probably my favourite multiplayer fps on console this gen - if this is that with prettier vistas then sign me the fuck up!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey

Looks like COD with saturation and lens flare.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Loading Video...

RicoismynamE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RicoismynamE
jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Grissefar

Wait, did you not look at the "trailer" which had a few clips? Looks shit, as expected but hey, they gotta have MP. Now it already can't compete against current FPS games but when you add Titanfall to the equation, it becomes almost humiliating. I guess FPS multiplayer is a very competitive genre.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bigjeffrey
Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@grissefar said:

Wait, did you not look at the "trailer" which had a few clips? Looks shit, as expected but hey, they gotta have MP. Now it already can't compete against current FPS games but when you add Titanfall to the equation, it becomes almost humiliating. I guess FPS multiplayer is a very competitive genre.

No Caption Provided

Cool story, bro.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Rowr

I don't want to be that guy, but this isn't really blowing my mind graphically.

Honestly i'm not being uppity or anything here, what in particular is standing out that i am missing?

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grissefar

@grissefar said:

No Caption Provided

Cool story, bro.

Ha ! Ha ! I wish. Ha ! Ha !

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Those look pretty

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Cannot wait for this. I didn't mind KZ3 multiplayer exactly, but it certainly didn't keep me as occupied as 2, which was a proper addiction.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zaccheus

I really like the decision of getting away from the XP unlock perk shit... I think that's the way of the future.

Well I guess that's not really true, since there is all the challenge stuff and attachments and what not. At least all the weapons and classes are unlocked from the get go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

My problem will Killzone multiplayer has always been that the maps tend to feel feel like garbage. Very pretty but usually poorly thought out.

mojovonious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those ground textures... my god. Love it.

I'll try this game, maybe when its discounted, just for its visuals. But Killzone just never grabbed me. I think I just don't like its aesthetic. Same with Halo though, might just be a scifi thing.

Bah, we'll see.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zaccheus

@irvandus said:

My problem will Killzone multiplayer has always been that the maps tend to feel feel like garbage. Very pretty but usually poorly thought out.

I enjoyed KZ3 multiplayer for a while, but I think you are right. There was a few good maps and way too many terrible maps. Also the Warzone games were often super one sided depending on who controlled the respawn points.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no denying how good it looks, but I'm more interested to see how it plays. Some things about game's multiplayer always bothered me, maps being #1 complaint.

Halo vs Killzone comparisons weren't fair I admit, but this game has now the chance to grab the "better game" trophy now that Halo has been completely fucked up.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verendus said:

There is no denying how good it looks, but I'm more interested to see how it plays. Some things about game's multiplayer always bothered me, maps being #1 complaint.

Halo vs Killzone comparisons weren't fair I admit, but this game has now the chance to grab the "better game" trophy now that Halo has been completely fucked up.

Killzone Shadow Fall is a Halo Killer!!! Pack it up Microsoft Halo days are numbered, Shut it down.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Seppli

@bigjeffrey said:

@verendus said:

Killzone Shadow Fall is a Halo Killer!!! Pack it up Microsoft Halo days are numbered, Shut it down.

I still can't wrap my head around why Killzone is a CoD'ish low TTK game, rather than a Halo-style high TTK one (TTK = Time to Kill). There's a reason why Halo is so massively popular, and the fact that it takes a whole lot longer to kill players in multiplayer, and enemies in singleplayer - as well as all the cool weapon designs and AI routines that are enabled by that circumstance - are what make Halo unique.

That's my point though. Why the fuck is Halo still unique? There's 1001 CoD-clones, but there's only 1 Halo. I'll never understand why. Halo's core design has so much more potential, singleplayer, competitive multiplayer, coop - there's just so much more room for designers to play with, if they work with a high TTK philosophy. Oh well...

At least with Destiny on the horizon, we'll be getting some high TTK goodness regardless of platfrom. It being the Halo game Microsoft didn't want Bungie to make, since it'd have been too much of a departure, and too big a risk of alienating the core fanbase. Just - that should have made it an all the more exciting prospect for them. I guess, in the end it's working out for everyone. Destiny for everyone!

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Verendus

@seppli said:

@bigjeffrey said:

@verendus said:

I still can't wrap my head around why Killzone is a CoD'ish low TTK game, rather than a Halo-style high TTK one (TTK = Time to Kill). There's a reason why Halo is so massively popular, and the fact that it takes a whole lot longer to kill players in multiplayer, and enemies in singleplayer - as well as all the cool weapon designs and AI routines that are enabled by that circumstance - are what make Halo unique.

I take it you never played Halo 4? Pretty much everything that made Halo great is now gone. There are still weapons, spartans and vehicles but it's nowhere near the same when it comes to core mechanics and such. Another victim of dev "evolving them game" by making it appeal more to CoD crowd. CoD crowd left when new CoD came out, fans of original trioligy hated the game. They were left with half-dead game.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Missacre

Those screenshots look pretty underwhelming, I gotta say. Yeah, rocks on the ground. Awesome.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Seppli

@verendus said:

@seppli said:

@bigjeffrey said:

@verendus said:

I take it you never played Halo 4? Pretty much everything that made Halo great is now gone. There are still weapons, spartans and vehicles but it's nowhere near the same when it comes to core mechanics and such. Another victim of dev "evolving them game" by making it appeal more to CoD crowd. CoD crowd left when new CoD came out, fans of original trioligy hated the game. They were left with half-dead game.

Didn't play Halo 4, but by all accounts it's still a high TTK game. I really don't mind loadouts and killstreaks and whatnot. Never was into Halo MP, so I can't comment how much it changed, or if it changed for the worse. I'll have to take your word for it.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: Well, kill times aren't ridiculously fast like in newer Call Of Duty games, but they buffed it up a lot. Now it's pretty much to handle 2v1 situations with Battle Rifle, in Halo 2/3 a person with good shot and strafing skills could take out up to 3-4 people in a firefight. But it's just one of the mechanics 343i threw into bin to "Introduce the game to new crowd" and to piss off original fans. Power weapons got changed into something that are borderline gamebreaking.

Halo 2 & 3 are my most played games and it still makes me bit sad to see the series turn into complete shit. Luckily I found my way back with Battlefield series. Otherwise I'd be "dudebro" wondering around without FPS game to have as "go to" game.