PS4 Pro Stock Shortages

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ericjasonwade

I just got one of those 4K LG OLED that Dan and Jeff got and was looking to get a PS4 Pro to pair it with and I can't for the life of me find just a standard new one. The only places I'm finding them are on sites like eBay and Offerup. Not really looking for links or anything, just kind of confused at the lack of stock. Is there something I'm not privy to that's going on or does anyone have any insight on what might be going on?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By monkeyking1969

If you live in the US and you want to buy online I recommed search Gamestop.com or WalMart.com. Otherwise, enter the meat-space of various stores and ask what's in back.

Yeah, Sony does not always keep up with demand and online retailers are often the worst place to look...so just going to brick & mortar is often the best solution.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of the past two-ish months, I can also recommend GameStop if you have the ability. Also if you still have your old PS4, they tend to give you big discounts on trade-ins as you trade up. For some reason they gave me $170 for my launch, white, Destiny PS4 so I paid around $230 for the PRO.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

How... much are you willing to pay exactly? I have one riiiiight here. Yes. Hm hm hmmm. Yes indeed.

No Caption Provided

---

In all seriousness. I can't help. Just having fun. That said, I am hoping to get a PS4 Pro soon as well after I get a 4K TV.

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ideally they would release a ps 4 pro slim with uhd Blu Ray support as its silly that Xbox one s has it but not the pro it’s really putting me off buying one

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm surprised to hear this! A bit after the PS4-pro came out, I easily located one at a near-by Best Buy. One of the few times I didn't buy online.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By colourful_hippie

I'm selling my Pro for 200 because the wifi antenna is completely fucked and requires ethernet for internet access. Sony's hardware is shit.

Except for PS2's, they'll outlast us all along with the cockroaches

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Target had them until the whole 15% off stacking coupon debacle like a week and a half ago.

edgeCrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two months later, the drought is still very real. My PS4 started acting funky on Thursday, so I thought to myself, "I'll just pick up a Pro on Friday and be dome with it." Nope, all the stores in my area are sold out with no ETA on a restock. And most online retailers look like they're out, with only 3rd party resellers offering any stock. WTF?

That said, do I even need a Pro? I don't give a damn about 4K gaming, I only want something quiet and stable to play my games and media discs on a 1080 set. On paper, it looks like the Pro will be a waste of money, and it turns out, effort on my part.

So, I wanted to rewatch some old GB content where they compare the Pro to an OG PS4, and can't find any? Am I crazy, did I imagine a video where the guys played games side by side on a PS4 Pro and vanilla? I wan't to say there was Destiny in it? A raid maybe? Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@edgecrusher said:

That said, do I even need a Pro? I don't give a damn about 4K gaming, I only want something quiet and stable to play my games and media discs on a 1080 set. On paper, it looks like the Pro will be a waste of money, and it turns out, effort on my part.

The PS4 Pro is lots of things, but quiet isn't one of them. I'm not sure how loud the regular PS4 is because my first PS4 was a Pro but the fan can get kinda loud, depending on the game. It spun up a lot in Monster Hunter World and I'm noticing it also doing that for Spiderman, both running at 1080p, not 4k. Nothing compared to the original Xbox One though, which sounded loud constantly. Everything does run crazy smooth though. I can't recall any times there's been slowdown with it other than Monster Hunter, but I have a hunch that's more of a Monster Hunter not being well optimized thing than a PS4 struggling to run it thing.

I find this whole PS4 Pro stock (or lack thereof) issue crazy. I bought mine right after Horizon and Persona 5 came out by walking into a Best Buy. If it would have been a time for there to be no stock it would have been then. It's bizarre that they're having stock issues this far out from launch like this.

ayopch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h said:

@edgecrusher said:

The PS4 Pro is lots of things, but quiet isn't one of them. I'm not sure how loud the regular PS4 is because my first PS4 was a Pro but the fan can get kinda loud, depending on the game. It spun up a lot in Monster Hunter World and I'm noticing it also doing that for Spiderman, both running at 1080p, not 4k.

I have an OG PS4 and it does get pretty loud with a disc in the tray too. May need to give it a good dusting if it gets too bad. Mine sounded like a jet engine for a while and popped it open to clean it out and it's gotten much better since.

Woodyrson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know the shortage was a thing until Darryl Wisner mentioned it on the latest Team GFB Radio, and I never dreamed that it would be possible at this point in the life cycle. But that got me curious enough to check over the last week or so. I couldn't find any at any online retailers and I haven't been able to find any at any B&M in my area either. I live in a pretty small/rural area of Tennessee, and tech shortages are generally either far later than the rest of the country, or they never make it here at all. This one sure has, though. It's definitely puzzling.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frytup

I bought two (one for a friend) at my local Gamestop around Christmas last year and they didn't bat an eye. Seemed like they had a bunch in stock at the time.

You'd think a company of Sony's size would have business types dedicated to tracking sales and manufacturing and working up fairly accurate demand estimates.

budgietheii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h

Your original Xbox One was faulty. Whole point of that stupidly large thing was to run quiet.

randombullseye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep thinking I should pick up that Spider-Man one.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

A beetle crawled into the optical disk slot when I tried ( unsuccessfully of course ) to remove him from my PS4 pro. This was a few months ago, but it makes me wonder if he's still alive crawling around and potentially capable of destroying my PS4 from within. Oh, I should add, that out of concern that my PS4 could die at any moment, I wasn't all too happy to know that I would have a hard time obtaining a replacement PS4 Pro.