Rumor : Kingdom hearts 3 and FF Versus 13 Ps4 exclusives?

• 64 results
mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/final-fantasy-versus-and-kingdom-hearts-3-exclusive-to-ps41#.UZRn2HfRoVa

These guys are claiming that their "sources" say that sony has secured kingdom hearts 3 and versus 13 as ps4 exclusives, and these guys supposedly have cred as their sources told them that driveclub was essentially in the works and that we would see it at the sony event,

It may not be as HUGE as an exclusive as Microsoft scoring the Respawn Game,

but IF its true, its good gets for sony (especially kingdom hearts 3)

but as usual and obviously, take this stuff with a grain of salt,

Reki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As long as Versus XIII actually comes out in the state that Nomura wants it, I don't care where it gets locked up. I will get the system for it (I was gonna get a PS4 anyway, so that works out).

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By JazGalaxy

I find it baffling that anyone would still care about kingdom hearts. It's been spread so thin across so many consoles, it's hard to believe anyone would have played them all to keep up, and the series seems to be doubling back on it's original concept of being a Disney/Square mashup.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make this true and then bring in The Last Guardian and I'll just jizz myself to death.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

As long as they're not Xbox exclusives, I don't really care, but I am excited about them being tuned exclusively for the PS4 architecture.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Announce that they're also getting PC releases and I'll explode.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

@jazgalaxy: Knowing someone who is a huge fan of these games I can tell you that fans of Kingdom Hearts follow the games to the systems they go on.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if these rumors have some merit, what are the chances Square would make good on it and actually release anything at all? Versus XIII I have faith that it will actually be released within the next decade. Kingdom Hearts 3? I kinda doubt it. Seems like they've been spinning their wheels with that series for a long ass time. Maybe with the new president they'll actually buckle down and release something within a normal time table.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#9  Edited By Little_Socrates

@jazgalaxy: Knowing someone who is a huge fan of these games I can tell you that fans of Kingdom Hearts follow the games to the systems they go on.

Beyond that, the release of a Kingdom Hearts game immediately means it's time to purchase the platform. The quality of the game is no longer relevant.

...also, I am baffled that anybody is still excited for Versus XIII after all this.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

If the PS4 becomes the defacto Japanese game system as the PS3 did, I'll be getting a PS4.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@reki said:

As long as Versus XIII actually comes out in the state that Nomura wants it, I don't care where it gets locked up. I will get the system for it (I was gonna get a PS4 anyway, so that works out).

My feelings exactly.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dtat

I hope that's true. Despite everything, I still have fond memories of Kingdom Hearts, and will happily play the (supposedly) final game in the series proper. I'll even brush up on the ridiculously complicated story that I've missed having only played 1 and 2.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I think the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII in 2027 will do big things for the PlayStation 4.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I wrote a blog entry on Gamespot in 2007 that referenced FFV13. The game is still not even close to having a release date. I was 15 then. I can legally drink now.

Guys, this game is never coming out ever.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@punkxblaze said:

I wrote a blog entry on Gamespot in 2007 that referenced FFV13. The game is still not even close to having a release date. I was 15 then. I can legally drink now.

Yeah I was in my Junior year of high school when I first heard the announcement back in 2006. I just turned 24 yesterday...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Versus XIII isn't a real game. It's a metaphor for expectations crossed with the reality of game design.

Also, what is Kingdom Hearts actually about at this point...?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bigjeffrey

Kingdom Hearts yeah,

Final Fantasy nay

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punkxblaze said:

Yeah I was in my Junior year of high school when I first heard the announcement back in 2006. I just turned 24 yesterday...

Happy birthday!

Also, that's so weird. It's been about 13 years since Final Fantasy had a game I cared about.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Versus 13 was already a Sony exclusive..

Also FF Versus 13 is FF15 which is FF7-2 because 7-2 = 7.5 and 7.5 x 2 = 15 which FF15 is FF Versus 13.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Why am I getting a feeling of déjà vu?...Oh right, because of this and this.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanj said:

Why am I getting a feeling of déjà vu?...Oh right, because of this and this.

It's different now because it's going to be exclusive for PS4 instead of PS3!

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Nah Square is all multi platform now, plus it will be FFXV when it gets revealed, Square would get way more hype from FFXV than than 3rd sequel of FFXIII.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PillClinton

PS4's gonna be the most powerful PC of all time guys.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reki said:

pretty much this

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Benny

God fucking damn it, do the right thing for once and release these games Squeenix. People are DESPERATE to give money to square-enix and they've all but wasted the best part of a generation without releasing these two games.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Quarters

I don't think this would be surprising given the history of both franchises, plus Microsoft's relationship with Japan. We'll see.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither excite me

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would seem weird. On the other hand, if they went "For PS4 and XBox Next" then I would readily believe that.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

I honestly hope Square makes a Kingdom Hearts 3, and versus 13 looks pretty interesting too.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it baffling that anyone would still care about kingdom hearts. It's been spread so thin across so many consoles, it's hard to believe anyone would have played them all to keep up, and the series seems to be doubling back on it's original concept of being a Disney/Square mashup.

i think there is an audience that hasnt played all the weird named spinoffs that if this rumor is true, people would love it as a kingdom hearts 3 will hit people nostalgically as its been 8 years since the last numbered one.

(i say this as someone who never played the handheld games, and last played kingdom hearts 2,)

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Confirm FF15 as a PS exclusive, then I'll start asking myself if I care.

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF Versus 13 is a myth.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@mcghee said:

Make this true and then bring in The Last Guardian and I'll just jizz myself to death.

That sounds like a great way to die.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to think that all of Disney's acquisitions as of late may have something to do with this game(KH3) being held over to PS4. I can't be the only one that would like to see Marvel and Star Wars in the KH universe.

That being said can Square just retire Nomura already? His designs have essentially become the face of the company and really are stale. There have to be other talented artistic designers at Square. FF isn't keeping them afloat and those seem to be the only games(from Square themselves not Eidos) that they seem to push. I'm sure VS XIII will turn out fine but I'm sure that fans of Square would love to see their other franchises get some love.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AlKusanagi

I bought my PS3 because I assumed Kingdom Hearts 3 would be an exclusive on it. But at the rate they're going, it'll probably be the PS6 before we see it.

We might get 9 side stories on Vita though...

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mrfluke

I would have to think that all of Disney's acquisitions as of late may have something to do with this game(KH3) being held over to PS4. I can't be the only one that would like to see Marvel and Star Wars in the KH universe.

exactly , if anything, im glad we haven't gotten a kingdom hearts 3 yet due to disney acquiring marvel and star wars. gives them more material to work with.

if kingdom hearts 3 is expected this year, then i doubt you-ill get starwars into there as disney is on lockdown with that property till the new movie release in 2015.

if you ask me though, id love for them to get super meta and include wreck-it ralph in the game.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rebgav

Why would Sony care about making those games exclusive? I doubt that anyone is buying an Xbox for it's rich library of Jrpgs, so unless those games were headed to the 3DS....

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If it's true, it's just a confirmation of my vote for Sony. I WANT MORE KINGDOM HEARTS! And Versus XIII ofc just because it's Nomura's

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

Why would Sony care about making those games exclusive? I doubt that anyone is buying an Xbox for it's rich library of Jrpgs, so unless those games were headed to the 3DS....

Because of Japan and Europe normally likes JRPGs as well^^

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

I'm excited by both of those games, but I can't imagine either one living up to expectations.

Versus XIII is starting to get into Duke Nukem Forever territory, and the Kingdom Hearts series has hit every portable console since the GBA (minus the vita) and the worst part is ALL of those games are probably canon. So anyone who skipped out on those are doomed to expositional hell.

Kidable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kidable

We'll probably see one more Kingdom Hearts spinoff before we see KH3, unfortunately. Nomura has said that the 'big' KH team is hard at work on Versus 13 right now, and they want to keep that KH hype train going. Hopefully it'll be KH2 HD, I don't even think they COULD expand KH with another story. But the team that did Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance is probably cooking something up.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I honestly can not believe that it's been 7 years since Vs13 has been announced and it's still not fucking out yet. I was a fucking Junior in high school when I first read about it and now I'm 24. I don't even care at all about the damn game. I just want them to finish that so they can finally get to Kingdom Hearts 3.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Aegon

@arbitrarywater said:

Versus XIII isn't a real game. It's a metaphor for expectations crossed with the reality of game design.

Also, what is Kingdom Hearts actually about at this point...?

Kingdom Hearts...is light! Also, a 14 year old boy committing suicide in your E-rated game:

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You couldn't find two games I care less about.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

@demoskinos said:

Beyond that, the release of a Kingdom Hearts game immediately means it's time to purchase the platform. The quality of the game is no longer relevant.

...also, I am baffled that anybody is still excited for Versus XIII after all this.

I'm more surprised people still think Versus XIII actually exists.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@rebgav said:

Because of Japan and Europe normally likes JRPGs as well^^

Follow me on this journey;

Jrpgs come out on the Playstation because the Playstation is the dominant platform in the regions where Jrpgs sell well. Nintendo has no install base, Jrpgs don't tend to do well on Xbox. So why would Sony need to pay for exclusivity? Chances are that those games are/were coming to the PS4 anyway and Playstation already has the bulk of that audience. Sony would be paying for something that they basically already have.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, I find it difficult to care about either. Square dropped those two series into the river of Styx and forgot what their faces even looked like.

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides the obvious, "take a rumor for what it's worth," if this is true Kingdom Hearts 3 will be a huge system seller. There are so many die hard fans out there that are begging for a full fledged sequel that if they announced it was exclusive to the PS4 I'm sure most of them would either put down pre orders or at the very least ecide to buy the PS4 closedr to day one than they will with the next Xbox.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

If KH3 is exclusive to PS4, I'm buying a PS4 for it.